Anyone using GT Radial HPX tyres now? Mind to share some review?

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, recently I'm planning to change my set of balding tyres on my second ride which is running on 18" & since I don't use that car much as compared to my other 2 cars... I'm thinking of going for slightly "cheaper" priced tyres unlike my current set of Dunlop Sport TT MAXX.

I done some survey online for those slightly price performance tyres & shortlisted some of it. Among them are GT Radial HPX, Yokohama A.Drive R1, Nexen N8000, Achilles ATR Sport but personally the price for GT Radial is pretty reasonable & that's why I asked whether anyone of u guys using or used these tyres before.

How's the overall review for it? I would like to get some personal reviews from u guys whom have used it or using it currently on your rides. Thanks!

P/S: This is the sample photo of how GT Radial HPX tyre looked like:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Of the tyres mentioned, the Nexen N8000 have quite many feed back and are mostly positive.
Looking at the two tyres in the picture, why not try the HPY instead or do you prefer directional tyres. I almost tried the HPY, but just before I did, GY Asy 2 came along, and I tried that instead.

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the positive feedback bro vr2turbo! I've got a friend who's using Nexen N8000 on his ride & the threadwear seems to wear off quite fast according to him. He travels quite a lot daily & same goes to me too, that's why I'm looking for higher threadwear tyres.

I checked that Nexen N8000 have threadwear of 280, Yokohama A.Drive R1 have 300, Achilles ATR Sport have 320 whereas GT Radial HPX have the highest which is 340 & I do know that higher the threadwear, tyres have less grip on road.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The thread wear numbers is just an indication and some says it defers from manufacturers to manufacturers. Some have used tyres of same thread wear numbers but got different mileage out of them. Some using same tyres on different ride also getting different mileage, therefore the number are just an indication. Car weight, suspension setup, driver's driving style, route used, weather etc., all plays a part in tyre wear.
As for higher number less grip, I also cannot say for sure. GY low end entry level tyres have thread wear of 240 to 280 or so only. New top of the range GY Asy 2 I think is 300 now, up from old model of 280 but grip is awesome.....:biggrin:
I have never followed the thread wear numbers. For me I read the reviews, test, feedback and more or less compile them. These are more accurate as used on the road daily by members.....of course there are also not so accurate feedback but if have more positive, more or less they are good, More negative then sure to be bad already.....

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Treadwear does't dictate grip amount. It only dictates how fast is the wear and tear. Just because it's hard doesn't make it less grippy.

nd4ever

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
KL, PJ & S'ban
www.facebook.com
Bro vr2turbo, thanks for your kind reply. All this while, I thought that the higher the threadwear the longer life span the tyre will last BUT less grippy. Well, it proved to be wrong after read your reply. Thanks again for the reply bro & I appreciate it a lot.

FYI, I've just purchased a 4 pcs of GT Radial HPX tyres for my ride & running it now before giving it a test on its grip.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Treadwear does't dictate grip amount. It only dictates how fast is the wear and tear. Just because it's hard doesn't make it less grippy.
Oic, thanks for your reply bro. As I've said, all this while I thought that the higher the threadwear the less grippy the tyres are BUT last longer. I guess it proved me wrong & I've bought a set of 4 GT Radial HPX for my ride. Now running it in before giving it a good test on how grippy it is.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe not be much different from 200 to 300, but may differ for those with 500 to 600 thread wear.....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
nd4ever - dude, if you want to proof, try buying those soft compound Indon tyres. I shall not name the brand but the treadwear is 200 which is kinda low but apparently for 'high performance' tyres.

These useless tyres have less grip than the old GY NCT5 and when they give way, they don't make noise at all.. they just slide. Scary like hell I can tell you that.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my fren car was stolen on tuesday (30/08/2005) around 5 pm in the
evening. the location at TAMAN SEGAR , JALAN LEMAK 2

the car is a wira dark grey color, just convert to 4g91 recently.
15 white BSA inch , 10 inch front windscreen sticker , skirting and exaust

this happen when he found out the key hole at the rear bonet was missing
he go home and call his fren to check for the price. On the same time , he heard
the car alarm trigger. when he went out, he saw the thief is driving his car...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience