Greddy Emanage, Ultimate & V-Manage

ivan78

Known Member
Mar 24, 2005
if selling off original ecu, will enough to cover everything for adaptronic. and you can choose what ignition, and any size injector. and control a lot of extra thing.

ivan78

Known Member
Mar 24, 2005
cuscostrutbrace said:
For low impedence injector can use also,have to add resistor pack inline with the injector.For ignition i dunno,havent read thru the manual yet
any idea where to find resister pack? inline mean serie?
if change high impedence injector? any one try before?

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
ivan78 said:
any idea where to find resister pack? inline mean serie?
if change high impedence injector? any one try before?
i think some cars comes with resistor pack in standard form,but i dunno which car,try check mitsu vr4 if any.Inline= in series(positive side).If u change to high impedence,no need resistor pack.

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
ivan78,
Adaptronic is a new ecu??
how much is that????
whats included in it?

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
GT20v said:
Normal efi operation is....sensor send signal to ecu.ecu will do the math and send signal to injector,solenoid etc to run the engine.

SAFC
safc mode of operation is to sit between the sensor and the ecu.This mean safc manipulate the sensor voltage.it will lower down or increase the voltage to give a modified signal to ecu.Then the ecu will do the nececassry 'thinking' and give the instruction to injector and other stuff to run the engine...

Sensor>>>>SAFC>>>>ECU>>>>injector and such...

EMANAGE
Emanage on the other hand..is quite different.
Sensor will, as usual provide feedback in voltage to the ecu.then the ecu will churn out the instruction.Emanage then will take over this signal.emanage then churn out its 'own' instruction to the ijector n such.Meaning to say that emanage will have the last say.Ecu already did his duty.Even though the ecu will keep modfied its instruction to injector,emanage will still calculate his own instruction,no matter how.

Theres a trick.to use emanage in0v need its full harness.ignition n fuel.

Sensor>>>>Ecu>>>>Emanage>>>>Injector n such.

what do you think??Feel free to add to discuss.

Thank you.:regular_smile:
Hi there,

Im no expert on emanage, but having installed the blue by myself on my 4g13, heres my 2c.

the blue emanage works the same way as safc with some additional features such as vtec control,extra injector driver, injection harness, ignition tuning etc.

It will still intercept the MAP or MAF sensor signal to trick the ecu. The injection harness in the blue does not work the same as the ultimate. the blue inj harness is wired in parallel wif ecu, and will only allow the user to add injector bandwidth. any reduction in fuelling must be done on the MAP/MAF map.

The Ultimate, however, supports a few configurations. U can wire the inj harness exactly like the blue, and the result also just like the blue. OR, u can wire it so that the ultimate intercepts the injector drive signals from ecu, and the injectors are driven directly by the ultimate. this will allow user to add or reduce inj duty cycle independantly of ecu. which may also allow revcut caused by ecu inj fuel cut to be 'disabled'. heheh...

the ultimate has many many features, most of which i still am figuring out. The cost of installing will vary with the amount of features u wanna 'play'. So dont just get the cheapest price, u may just have the MAP/MAF harness installed, with the function of just an safc.

but just a side note of advise, one of my friends installed microtech lt8 replacing his emanage blue on his 4g93 sohc. he gained about 15-20hp at the top end. In normal circumstances, most people would be quite satisfied already. Problem is the lt8 does not control aircon and cold start idle (ISC). So, having to warm up his engine for 10 min every morning, he got fedup and went to emanage ultimate instead. The ultimate, like other piggybacks, have the luxury of the stock ecu mapping to fall back on. Tuning a stand alone is not a 1 day job. no matter how expert the tuner. there will always be some 'blind' spots. So choose your stand alone ecu wisely!

Regarding tuning settings being reverted, are u referring to the actual settings on the piggy (safc/emanage/unichip) change after a while (like just say u set +5% on safc, next day u see it shows +2%?)? Or are u referring to the ecu revert the air/fuel mixtures back to normal? normally, cases like this means the ecu using closed loop lambda to relearn the mixtures. one way is to use a relay on the vtec output to cut off the lambda signal to ecu. meaning to say, after a preset rpm, your engine will be running open loop all the time, regardless of throttle postion. greddy sells this product, although a diy wouldnt be too difficult. this approach, imho is crude. a more elegant approach i guess would be to piggy the lambda sensor wif an old safc, although i have not tried it myself.

Regarding the injectors, I used honda b16a 240cc injectors no problem. Of course this is high ohm (about 12 ohm) so no issues here. For the extra injector i used gsr (low ohm 3.8ohm) and placed a resistor (about 10ohm) in series wif the emanage output. So far so good.

hope this helps

Last edited:

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
great info here you've provided 140db.

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
thanx for the reply 140db..

i cant find the info i got my theory from.site is down at the moment..
but in there...they been talking aboout the diff in wiring emanage blue versus safc...this is where i got the explnation from...and its quite acceptable in term of technical explantion.bare in mind this is more to to 4age 20v...but i guess same as other car..

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
140db,
The Ultimate, however, supports a few configurations. U can wire the inj harness exactly like the blue, and the result also just like the blue. OR, u can wire it so that the ultimate intercepts the injector drive signals from ecu, and the injectors are driven directly by the ultimate. this will allow user to add or reduce inj duty cycle independantly of ecu. which may also allow revcut caused by ecu inj fuel cut to be 'disabled'. heheh...

Do tell me,what will happen if we wired the blue same as ultimate wiring..ie use ae111 Ultimate wiring diagram to do wiring for blue in ae111.

thanx

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
eh.after compare both wiring ultimate and emanage.
both are the same!!

Right is Ultimate wiring..

source:mohdparts.com

Last edited:

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
arghhhh!!!

anyway i received a feedback from user of emanage blue.he said he email trust in japan...they said no problem to use it.

and his been using quite some time already without any reverting back setting issue.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Wahahaha. Trust in japan always said no problem one. Ask thm for technical support la...

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
hahaha...TRUST japan cannot trust 1 leh... d greddy or trust race car all pakai hks fcon v pro as their ecu 1 leh...why dun they pakai e-manage?:X-:

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
mohdparts.com selling ultimate for 1.8k only....add postage maybe around 2k

EG9

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Subang Jaya
How about installation and tuning cost?

Instalation is easy with diagram but tuning may cost some there.

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
GT20v said:
eh.after compare both wiring ultimate and emanage.
both are the same!!

Right is Ultimate wiring..

source:mohdparts.com

http://onfinite.com/libraries/1021620/b11.jpg
U are so absolutely right.

they are the same.

however, the ultimate wiring for the injector harness is different. this will give all the difference in functionality of both units!

make sure u have the rotary switch settings correct, and try to have a scope in handy to double confirm all the wirings. good luck

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s all about the upcoming Hari Raya festivities and NAZA Quest, the official distributor of Chevrolet vehicles here in Malaysia has just provided a series of discounts and even a complimentary car for your convenience – all for the sake of ensuring that you’ve got yourself a Chevrolet that’s in good working condition for that long-haul back to visit the relatives...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience