fuel regulator leaking!!!

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
is tat meter(the glass 1) of fuel regurator got minyak?? wat minyak is tat? my regurator got minyak leak!! not petrol leak...is tat will cause the fuel regurator not function well??:confused:
tis is my 2nd fuel regurator claim in onli 1month :banghead:...is a WORK brand!!! donno the shop gv me ORI 1 or wat??? haizz...

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

suma_

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
DU
Re: fuel regurator leaking!!!

you mean the pressure gauge (for displaying fuel pressure) or the fuel regulator itself?
can you explain what is symptom or effect to your engine? is your engine running ok/knocking/else?
- if using stock regulator, it is quite impossible to kaput as it is a fix pressure setting type.

or is it the pressure gauge that you try to explain?

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006

you mean the pressure gauge (for displaying fuel pressure) or the fuel regulator itself?
can you explain what is symptom or effect to your engine? is your engine running ok/knocking/else?
- if using stock regulator, it is quite impossible to kaput as it is a fix pressure setting type.

or is it the pressure gauge that you try to explain?
YES..the pressure gauge (for displaying fuel pressure)...long story to tell, u go n look inside
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/toyota/377095-help-my-20v-idling-problem.html

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site

Alex, i suppose you should go back to the shop and ask for the replacement. There is nothing much we can do to see your post here.

Are you referring to the oil inside the pressure gauge? Is is leaking out from the gauge?

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006

Alex, i suppose you should go back to the shop and ask for the replacement. There is nothing much we can do to see your post here.

Are you referring to the oil inside the pressure gauge? Is is leaking out from the gauge?
thz wong ...i will go back to tat shop ask for replacement! yes is the oil inside the pressure is leaking out! is tat any danger?:confused:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
i've suffered the same prob, just change the meter..nth serious..

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
is tat meter(the glass 1) of fuel regurator got minyak?? wat minyak is tat? my regurator got minyak leak!! not petrol leak...is tat will cause the fuel regurator not function well??:confused:
tis is my 2nd fuel regurator claim in onli 1month :banghead:...is a WORK brand!!! donno the shop gv me ORI 1 or wat??? haizz...
from what i know the clear liquid in the pressure gauge is glycerin... this is use to prevent the needle from vibrating so you can read and calibrate properly and accurately...

you can get glycerin from pharmacy...how you get the glycerin in the meter...that i dont know...

if it glycerin then no worries...it is not combustible and non toxic...it actually taste sweet...

i've seen some FPR doesnt have a meter attached to it...so i guess it will work with or without a pressure gauge...maybe just harder to tune from the lack of some sort of visible indicator...

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
the small gauge is actually for temporary purpose only. after you have set to the desired pressure it is always recommended you remove that setting gauge. to monitor fuel pressure the correct way, please purchase gauges like DEFI, APEXi, GReddy or M7. (those meters have an external sensor attached to the fuel pressure regulator and the gauge itself is in the car).

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
The mechanical pressure gauge is for you to set the fuel pressure during tuning/setting and advisable to remove it once the setting/tuning is done.

if u wish to monitor the pressure permanently, it is advisable for you to get the electronic type such as defi fuel press meter, hks fuel press meter etc etc...this confirmed no leakage.

as for the mechanical fuel pressure gauge located at the fuel regulator itself, due to the vibration and heat in the engine cabin. the chances to get leak is very high no matter what brands you are getting.

E6XLancer

Known Member
May 2, 2010
1 Malaysia
Go buy Ori one from SARD...No WORK No others brand...No Bang Head...HahAHa:biggrin:

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
The mechanical pressure gauge is for you to set the fuel pressure during tuning/setting and advisable to remove it once the setting/tuning is done.

if u wish to monitor the pressure permanently, it is advisable for you to get the electronic type such as defi fuel press meter, hks fuel press meter etc etc...this confirmed no leakage.

as for the mechanical fuel pressure gauge located at the fuel regulator itself, due to the vibration and heat in the engine cabin. the chances to get leak is very high no matter what brands you are getting.
OIC...today learn a new thing! hehe...1 more thing to ask, how many pressure tat a standart 20v svt or bt set?? the foreman set mine to 2.9bar! is tat ok? but i found my car very makan minyak ron95 rm60-250km onli:confused:...b4 pump rm50 can reach 250km

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Go buy Ori one from SARD...No WORK No others brand...No Bang Head...HahAHa:biggrin:
ori SARD he say no warranty! WORK come with LIFETIME WARRANTY:biggrin:

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang

thz wong ...i will go back to tat shop ask for replacement! yes is the oil inside the pressure is leaking out! is tat any danger?:confused:
The oil in the gauge, is the damper for the needle to indicate a steady pressure than a fluctuating reading. How much u paid for it ?

I bought 1 for 35 RM from Visworks .. no problem at all.

Fuel wont leak.. but the pressure indicated could be error .. too many 100% imitations on the market... buy only from reliable sellers..

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

from what i know the clear liquid in the pressure gauge is glycerin... this is use to prevent the needle from vibrating so you can read and calibrate properly and accurately...

you can get glycerin from pharmacy...how you get the glycerin in the meter...that i dont know...

if it glycerin then no worries...it is not combustible and non toxic...it actually taste sweet...

i've seen some FPR doesnt have a meter attached to it...so i guess it will work with or without a pressure gauge...maybe just harder to tune from the lack of some sort of visible indicator...

The gauge will be useful for tuning.. During dyno .. U can verify the fuel pressure doesn't drop in high Rpm..if fuel pressure drops.. u need a better fuel pump.. Hope this helps.. :driver:

Last edited:

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006

The oil in the gauge, is the damper for the needle to indicate a steady pressure than a fluctuating reading. How much u paid for it ?

I bought 1 for 35 RM from Visworks .. no problem at all.

Fuel wont leak.. but the pressure indicated could be error .. too many 100% imitations on the market... buy only from reliable sellers..

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

The gauge will be useful for tuning.. During dyno .. U can verify the fuel pressure doesn't drop in high Rpm..if fuel pressure drops.. u need a better fuel pump.. Hope this helps.. :driver:
i bought it at
~fuel regurator WORK rm380
~hose n clip plus labour charge all in rm450

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
For that price, you could opt for Tomei original fuel regulator at ST Wangan Sunway. Confirm ori because they are the authorized dealer.... nowadays even some shops in Sunway are selling fake fuel regulators. So beware guys!

As for the fuel press gauge, it usually leaks... so no need to worry bout it. My external mechanical fuel press gauge is totally leaked & dried, but still working fine :D

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
For that price, you could opt for Tomei original fuel regulator at ST Wangan Sunway. Confirm ori because they are the authorized dealer.... nowadays even some shops in Sunway are selling fake fuel regulators. So beware guys!

As for the fuel press gauge, it usually leaks... so no need to worry bout it. My external mechanical fuel press gauge is totally leaked & dried, but still working fine :D
tat shop is a well know shop introduce by mr.levin818 to me wan...in puchong utama
...1 more thing to ask, how many pressure tat a standart 20v svt or bt set?? the foreman set mine to 2.9psi! is tat ok? but i found my car very makan minyak ron95 rm60-250km onli...b4 pump rm50 can reach 250km

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This thread is for Discussion on those workshop which Dishonest, Cheat & Acting Shamelessly only.

No Personal Issue, Racist & Religion Issue should be discuss in here!!

Noted:
All replies must posted with receipt/photo or whatever as proof. This is to be fair to both parties & it could avoid any argument here.(moderated by 5115)

List of workshop will be updated in 1st page.

**I(JINEIL2EN) & ZEROTOHUNDRED Moderators will not Responsible for any Legal Action! Post at your own...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience