Need Advice on Fuel Regulator BT20V

chuckie

500 RPM
Jun 17, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hi to all sifu,
I need advice bout installing fuel regulator on my ae100 with ae111 balck top 4age 20V. currently i'm using standard ae111 balck top 4age 20V
1) what the suitable brand can be use?
2) what's the common setup for fuel regulator?
3) where can i buy the fuel regulator and how much does it cost?
4) where i do the installation (recommended mech or shop) and tuning after installation?
5) what's the pro and contra using the fuel regulator?
6) is there any other part i've to install to make the fuel regulator function well?
thank you for viewing and hope to hear the advice soon.

20vturbo

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Sarawak
www.club4ag.com
1.sard type rj
2.45psi
3.rm300-400 depend on budget.aerospeed/sard
4.depends on mech..hard to answer..as long as you dont go to 7 eleven to pasang
5.can control fuel pressure,can safe minyak a bit.
6.need adapter for 20v..usually package come with adapter.need to custom mount the unit.

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Actually I dont see the need for aftermarket FPR when the engine and fuel delivery system is totally stock. IMO, FPR is better suited for turbo engines (or NA) with bigger injectors and stuff. The gain on stock engine should be close to nothing. Better save-up for ECU... it offers better fuel management than FPR.

vh-101

500 RPM
Dec 14, 2006
Agreed. When got turbo bolted on, ECU is better than FPR. If got standalone/piggy back ECU, FPR not really need de cuz ECU can do better than that.

Pls correct me if i am wrong.

kennix

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
45psi..so that's the recommended pressure? Hmm...I've been always wanted to ask about this. Anyone care to share more?

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Actually i think you guys need to note that the pressure is for WOT(no vacumm) setting, later idling with vacumm also set so high, then will come up a thread saying FC increase after installing fuel pressure regulator :bawling:

On my near stock SVT, i'm running 41psi with no vacumm going into the FPR.

sexycar

4,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2004
©ït¥ ðf Thïêvê§
Visit site
there is no recommended pressure setting... even if 2 cars is identical, 1 single setting might not work for both. U tune FPR according to your car until it is right for you.

kennix

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
Alright. Thanks for the information. It's really helpful for noobie like me. Cheers.

S

sincere1

Actually i think you guys need to note that the pressure is for WOT(no vacumm) setting, later idling with vacumm also set so high, then will come up a thread saying FC increase after installing fuel pressure regulator :bawling:
agreed
for best setting the fuel pressure..u need to install a fuel pressure meter inside ur car...read and set the appropriate pressure during on-road running

there will be different result when you do the pressure setting where
1) u do it at workshop that jack the wheel and running,
2) on-road running

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
fuel pressure regulator also maintain the pressure lor rite....anyway i been thinking having it also ...wit port and polish together ....

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
becareful if you wanna place the fuel pressure meter IN the car cabin. the last thing you need while having a ciggie in the car is fuel leak through the hose, spraying petrol all over.

S

sincere1

many turbo car place the fuel pressure meter in the car cabin....
the meter got digital type, right !

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
i'm talking about the mechanical meter, which is more accurate. up to the driver to choose. there is one i car i knew in K.Kinabalu got flamed coz of not careful enough with the installation.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My 120Y is juz lag of power theseadays..although i have tuned up to 1500cc from the original 1200cc..but it's seems to be getting older..juz wanna get some comment from all you expert guys what engine should i put in and how should i tuned my 120Y..all your advise will be much appreciate..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience