Works Fuel Regulator

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
Hi bros... need some help with my newly installed Works fuel regulator.

Here's the issue :

Everything went perfectly after it was installed until i re-started my car few hours later. This weird whistling noise came out from the regulator. i've tried pulling out the vacuum pipe that connected to it and the whistling sound came out even louder from the regulator. so, i thought it was the faulty regulator's prob. yesterday, went back to the shop and exchange for a new one. after installation, everything is perfect again.

Then this morning when i started my car, the whistling sound came up again. is this a vacuum problem? i'm using the vacuum pipe from the standard fuel regulator (which is using the power of 1 piston vacuum). should i find a 4 piston vacuum line? Anyone facing this issue with Works regulator?

Need all of ur imput as this sound is very annoying. FYI, the pressure adjusted still stays there @ 3 bar. nothing wrong with the pressure.

pls help... thanks

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
According to my mech it is common sound for the last few batches of works fpr. You cannot do anything except changing to other brands

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
hmm... other engines also affected? wanna sell to my fren la.
i just cabut out and use back stock regulator. ordering a original sard d...

thanks

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
hmm. this is not good news. then i'm selling back to the shop for rm200 :( shit la... used not more than 24 hours only... sigh...

all u guys out there just be careful on Works regulator... not trying to condemn it but it's just my feedback. hope u guys are not as 'lucky' as me...

boode

Known Member
Jul 11, 2006
erm..gt warranty for lifetime rite..
mine oso the same..but after change it for the 5th time..
thn ok la..hahahaha...

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
erm..gt warranty for lifetime rite..
mine oso the same..but after change it for the 5th time..
thn ok la..hahahaha...
at least got some ppl facing the same prob as me. the shop wouldn't let me exchange for 5 times though... =/
i've asked the shop to try it on other cars. if same problem occurs, then they'll refund me full price. if other cars no prob, then it'll be like i'm selling off as 2nd hand for rm200.

futeball

Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.4aeoc.org
My friend been using works fpr for quite sometime on Blacktop engine with no problem. also 1 of my friend just bought it end of 2009, and installed it on his kancil L2s turbo with no problem.

So, it's hard to say that this product is not good.

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
My friend been using works fpr for quite sometime on Blacktop engine with no problem. also 1 of my friend just bought it end of 2009, and installed it on his kancil L2s turbo with no problem.

So, it's hard to say that this product is not good.
oh, don't get me wrong. i didn't say it isn't good. the product itself is good, maybe the QC of that particular production batch i got is not so good only. :rolleyes:

aziziell

1,500 RPM
May 9, 2007
my friends 400hp drag car also use work fpr don have problem....huhuhu

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

ur car is NA? coz i see few members complaint oso on NA rides

me n my frens turbo engine..all using this no issues
this fpr no good for na ke...i saw last time many vtec drag car such as conggo car use this fpr..200hp plus somemore..don have problem what...pluss the system of work fpr more advan than sard fpr what..

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
1st few batch no hal but lately got alot of hal. You search the forums for complains about works fpr and you can ask around some mech who got same experience

futeball

Known Member
Jun 2, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.4aeoc.org
oh, don't get me wrong. i didn't say it isn't good. the product itself is good, maybe the QC of that particular production batch i got is not so good only. :rolleyes:
Sorry if my statement makes u feel uncomfortable. I'm assuming that u feel this product is not good based on your statement. Coz u remind ppl beware of this product. So, the intention is there.

Maybe my assumption is wrong. That's my bad. My apology.

Last edited:

sideksepakragabulat

Jun 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi all..i'm now experiencing some problems wit my works fuel reg..i've install a 210lph walbro fuel pump and for the 1st 2-3 month i have no prob whatsoever..

now i'm facing wit fuel pressure drop issue..before dis,my fpr were set at 5 bar becos the old safc setting is on a weak 4g93t fuel pump..after installing this walbro i have to set it also at 5 bar becos any lower than that my car is suffering from fuel starvation..after a few month maintaining the old setup,i noticed that now the fpr meter are now clocking only 3 bar..cannot adjust it to go any higher..in result my car now have jerking prob whenever it hit boost..

is it the fpr prob?becos i've tried installing an imitation turbosmart fpr and still it cannot go higher than 3 bar..at first i was suspecting maybe the pump have fail on me but when i install the "ayam" fpr it broke after just 4-5 time static revving..in result i cannot start the car and have to play with the gas pedal in oder to start it..when it start at last,along came the heavy black smoke and the smell of petrol is so strong..if the pump are broken,it cannot pump enough fuel to make the car richer than before right?

so is it the pump or the fpr is the prob?hoping someone can give me some answers please..tq

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have a 1981 Datsun 120Y which very often has trouble starting in cold weather, especially after overnight rain. Even using the choke doesnt seem to work. I'm pretty sure the problem lies somewhere in the carburetor, but my dad suspects the ignition coil isnt making enough voltage for the spark plugs.

But then again I do notice my battery is significantly weaker in colder weather and the cranking isnt as strong. When I give it a jump start the engine would start almost all the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience