Exhaust Notes: An exhaust sounds thread.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Well.. there are those that wonders what the heck is the difference between the many type and models of mufflers, so I thought maybe I should start a thread so people can post their exhaust sounds, just so that people can hear the differences between brands and models, as more people contribute.

I recorded mine by stuffing my h/p in my rear boot, since it's not soundproofed anymore, the sound comes out quite clearly. It was just a spur of the moment idea so don't complain about sound quality lah.. :P

The method of recording is up to you, so note in your post how you recorded it, so we can estimate how it sounds from the interior or outside.

Like lightning field says, border has the most ganaz sound..
but my car is slow.. uhuhu (x_x)

The sound a bit 'pecah' because the handphone mic cannot take that loud a noise.. hahaha... Even the sound of backfire from the exhaust sound like my gears clicking into place. Too rich a low end.. ROFL!

It was worth a try though.. will try make a better quality one next time.
The sounds of Border304max

Notice that when the engine is properly warm... it's quite quiet at idle.

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
shiroi,
i downloaded the mp3. is that the one listed for sale?
Yeah, that the sound of the border304 that's on my car, and yes, they are the same as the ones listed for sale. (mine has been modded for fitment purposes).
The one for sale are complete sets for EK9. So it's a bolt on fit for the EK9s and require extending a bit if on EG sedan or modding the mounts for EG6.

So far, the people over here like the sound of borders best.. dunno if got any other models that also sound garang like this, so maybe more people post and we can see how other ones are better or not.

Like it or not, borders are getting rarer, so I'd need to at least get some form of replacement for people who like these kinds of exhaust..

Only two unit left, and dunno if can get more or not.

Edit: Actually 3, but the SPL one probably too noisy for road use.

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
QuickSharing.com - Files Shared Quick! Up to 500MB!

here's mine, abit soft though. Using apexi muffler. Taken going up genting.

Any other 304bordermax clips? They sound awesome.
Got.. there's one that shows the startup and cold idle.. that I did last time. I'll look for it now.. cannot simply go start the car and go 'tarik' now, since it's like crowded here? :P

Your one oso not bad, can hear vtec engage easily.. mine actually I hear it very distinctly, but dunno how come it does seem so in the soundclip...
but you forgot to mention
what model and how did you record it? inside the car with the windows down?

Anyway.. if you're interested in the parts, pm me.. This is not a sale thread, but a thread for noisemakers!!

So post more sounds!!..hahaha :P

I'm thinking about getting exhaust notes from an Amuse exhaust set, but dunno when I'll be able to meet the guy, or another guy with a 5Zigen ProRacer.

Hopefully I can get more sources so we can compare.. not everyone like the sound of border, I admit, but not everyone like the restrictive exhaust systems either.

Last edited:

- J f D -

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
hehe...

Yeap a friend of mine recorded it whilst sitting at the back ... using Nokia 6280/88 if im not mistaken. Windows were down a little. Well im not sure about my muffler model haha, previous owner said its a apexi hayabusa, but i cant seem to find the name on the muffler itself. It sounds very loud under full throttle especially after vtec engages. Planning to change it in the future... seems like the border304max is a target

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
hehe...

Yeap a friend of mine recorded it whilst sitting at the back ... using Nokia 6280/88 if im not mistaken. Windows were down a little. Well im not sure about my muffler model haha, previous owner said its a apexi hayabusa, but i cant seem to find the name on the muffler itself. It sounds very loud under full throttle especially after vtec engages. Planning to change it in the future... seems like the border304max is a target
Good luck searching.. they're not so easy to get as a complete set, or a tad expensive considering they're only selling the muffler.

about that other clips.
400m sprint
400m sprint one.. stock flywheel and clutch.. cannot shift so fast.. hehe.. :P
This one was inside the car with the windows open.
I used the SE w800 to record.

cannot find the cold start one dunno where already.. but it's quite loud in the morning when you start it cold.
edit: found.. early morning cold start. recorded in the garage, so it's a bit echo-ish.
Morning cold start

Last edited:

- J f D -

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
ganas! .... how much are the border304's going for? Complete set means piping and all?

Any other muffler recommendation with a loud and growling sound for vtec?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
ganas! .... how much are the border304's going for? Complete set means piping and all?

Any other muffler recommendation with a loud and growling sound for vtec?
Price tag 1.25K

As for other mufflers, I am also looking for replacements, as border304s are a dying breed.. by the end of the year, I don't think can find so easily anymore.

So post more exhaust sounds.. friend's one oso nevermind, as long as it's honda, just remember to mention the brand and model of the exhaust.

Got a friend using spoon b4, he says sounds like bordermax, but that one even more harder to find.. supposedly has two version, the later version with different sound.

Last edited:

Shoken7

Known Member
Oct 15, 2006
wonder if this would work..i only have this one
mines the white eg

<object width="480" height="395"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="movie" value="http://images.multiply.com/multiply/player2.swf"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="vidurl=http://images.kenvjm2.multiply.com/content/movie/kenvjm2:video:12/kenvjm2/12.flv/Vy8tG36,jRsyG1A7aPYUxA/flash&vidlength=58&numericid=12&userid=kenvjm2&baseurl=http://kenvjm2.multiply.com"></param><embed src="http://images.multiply.com/multiply/player2.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="395" FLASHVARS="vidurl=http://images.kenvjm2.multiply.com/content/movie/kenvjm2:video:12/kenvjm2/12.flv/Vy8tG36,jRsyG1A7aPYUxA/flash&vidlength=58&numericid=12&userid=kenvjm2&baseurl=http://kenvjm2.multiply.com" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

type_one

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
Shiro,
i'm using spoon n1.. very loud.. somewhat similar to a 304..
2 diff versions? If its the n1, the newer ones have a longer tip i think, no difference in terms of sound.. unless he means the street muffler v the n1 muffler..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

i would like to ask wether BOV can produce pss sound on 1 to 3 psi or at 0.1 and 0.2 bar? if possible, what type bov u guys recommended - and as for me, i need a pull type bov instead of push type as u can see only 0.2 bar has been boosted.. actually i manage to close the bov at idle, but i just wanna ask about this cool sound appearance, wether they got or not at 0.1 or 0.2 bar? or it just a flutter?

ps - sorry for my dumbness
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience