Exhaust System: Mugen Twin Loop

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
Hi guys. What's up? Just bought the Mugen Twin Loop exhaust system (piping from DC2, muffler from EK9) recently but still don't have the time to install it. Anybody use the same exhaust system? What I want to know is why the piping size is not the same from front to rear? It is like 2.2 inch from extractor to center bullet. From center bullet to muffler flange it gets bigger to 2.3 inch. From muffler flange to muffler it gets back smaller to 2.2 inch. Please take note that I only estimate the size because I don't really check. Others who also use the same sytem, I highly appreciate if you can comment on it. :biggrin:

skye_n1

Mar 21, 2009
B18C originally comes with 2.3" piping, u'll find some is with 2.2" because in japan they simply change the broken/corroded pipes to complete the car.

twinloop for B16B is with 2" piping, B18C 2.3" piping.
You'll notice there slightly drop in torque if u put twinloop from 18C to 16B (which means slower pick-up and higher fuel consumption) but u'll get higher top speed.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
do you mean that for b18c the original mugen twin loop piping size from front to back is 2.3 inch? does this mean that mine has already been modified/mixed between b16b/b18c?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.
My ride is a wira SE (manual). I notice that my steering wheel vibrates quite alot when idling. The dashboard all ok..nvr vibrate..only the steering vibrates quite a lot. I have changed my front and rear bush to superpro. Even the steering rack bush is superpro. I actually chamged it hoping it will solve the problem but it didnt. What could possibly be the cause of this vibration?

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience