auto tranny exhaust mod..really confused..help!!

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
hi all,

i really need advices from sifus,anyone basically

today i had discussion with eric ex-avantgarde mech regarding exhaust mods for my jazz i-dsi 03, he got his buddy to inspect my ride. the guy told me to fix a 4-1 extractor, 1.6" piping, midbox and sflow muffler for practicality claiming i'll feel power gain on every rpm with good top speed including low end torque but i felt that he's the type who will suggest mods towards race performance, not "economical" performance which i prefer in

i've been reading a lot on exhaust mods in ZTH, from what i read, a lot agreed a 4-2-1 is more practical for auto ride not 4-1, keep cat-con to maintain backpressure for low end power, swap bullet and pickup gone,also someone said probably best to just change only stock muffler to a sflow without touching other exhaust system parts claiming its more than enough for city drive auto ride

now i think back a 4-1 can do good for auto as well if everything, correct piping placing and size, good muffler but im not so sure about the midbox tho

anyone mind sharing their exhaust mods especialy on city driving purpose car (jazz,city, vios etc) and how they feel about the mods they did, satisfying or just total disappointment?

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
bro,if i am driving proton 1.6 auto can give opinion?currently my ride is with 4-2-1,bullet and s-flow muffler,i felt that is suitable for city driving and not consume alot of petrol,pick up also better and rpm easy to climb up fast,my piping all remain same,didn't change.

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
glad to hear that bro.so pickup better as in even faster acceleration than stock exhaust isnt it?what about the exhaust sound compared to stock bro?nice bassy or pekak loud?

btw if the exhaust works well for ur proton then shud be ok lah, ur setup is consistent with wat most ppl discuss here when it comes to auto exhaust setup, 4-2-1, bullet, sflow for city driving, practical and look sporty.im not an expert..ayam2 lagi hahaha just wait for some sifus to comment on 4-1 extractor for city driving

lkc

Known Member
Mar 3, 2010
petaling jaya
the sound more garang than b4 standard lor,then at first the sound a bit loud, but after 1-2 weeks will softer down coz the muffler stilll new,performance wise no regret,pick up / acceleration/ climb hill like genting also felt better than stock,i suggest if u want to change,get a better muffler,even cap ayam also got more expensive and better 1,the sound won't be very noisy for s-flow,that u don't have to worry,unlike straight flow,very noisy 1,the noise level is acceptable unless u change to open port air filter then the sound will be louder.

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
its a jazz la dude...no matter what you do...its still a CVT gb...its not going to give you a ball shrinking feel of power...change a manual...finish...thai n spore got sell :P

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
try looking at tanabe hyper G medalion...not bad sound. bassy but not irritating. idle nto much sound but oni when higher revs will hear the rumble.

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
its a jazz la dude...no matter what you do...its still a CVT gb...its not going to give you a ball shrinking feel of power...change a manual...finish...thai n spore got sell :P
ball shrinking feel isn really necessary for me la bro haha just trying to squeeze out as much potential power from stock engine n gb only. some adrenaline rush would be good enuf haha

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
,also someone said probably best to just change only stock muffler to a sflow without touching other exhaust system parts claiming its more than enough for city drive auto ride
i couldn't agree more on this setup for your requirement....:adore:

corret me if i'm wrong :adore:

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
From my experience on my B16A Auto,

1) Stock Standard piping - good torque & response at low RPM (1000 - 3500), at mid range to vtec point (4800) its abit sluggish, from VTEC open (4800rpm) it pushes ok again to about 6500 but then its slows up to 7800

2) 4-2-1, no cat, 1 mid bottle, 5zigen Fireball exhaust - Low RPM torque & response very sluggish (1000 - 3500), at mid range to VTEC point it stars to pick up gradually with better response. From VTEC open (4800 - 7800) it starts to scream like woman having an orgasm :laugh:, the sweet spot.. move though the VTEC range with ease till RPM cut.

3) 4-2-1, no cat, 1 mid bottle, stock muffler (EG6) - Low RPM torque better than setup (2) less than setup (1), at midrange to VTEC point (3000 - 4800) best response and torque compared to setup 1 & 2, at VTEC point (4800 - 6500) a little bit sluggish than setup (2) but better than setup (1), from 6500-7800 it starts to slump same as setup (1) but not as much.

Ranking best to worse
1000 - 3000 rpm - 1,3,2
3000 - 4800 rpm - 3,1,2
4800 - 6500 rpm - 2,3,1
6500 - 7800 rpm - 2,3,1

So in summary,
Setup (1) - Best for jiwang drivers (drive slowly/city driving) & very2 rarely engages VTEC (quite)
Setup (2) - Need to take a shit driver :driver:, likes to engage VTEC 24/7....good for track & rempits. ( very2 noisy)
Setup (3) - Good for all rounder driver, not too slow/not too fast and cruising just below VTEC on, uses VTEC ocasionally (quite)

For fuel consumption, it really depends on how u use your right foot....there no real big difference IMO

Personally I went with setup (3)

Last edited:

caleb_5375

1,000 RPM
Jul 21, 2007
u mean ah lai checked ur car ??? but to me just keep that car stock lah easy...no more u waste the money coz i have few customer who change their piping of their beloved jazz...power = same nia ....dude is a jazz ...save ur time and money ....

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
yeap...we're not talking bout normal A/T...this is CVT GB we're talking about...it doesnt really handle stock stresses let alone 'modified' stresses...

you won't feel significant changes with CVTs...its all bout psychology ony...garang sound means garang go...

i broke my CVT on my jazz and it'll cost me RM3.5k to get a recond GB....damn it...my Jazz was the 1st gen batch which is known to have GB issues...but HM never ask for recall...now rosak have to pay ourselves??

Nicely done Hondumbs...

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
thats a nice quote..:biggrin: well... he's right the jass is built for eco... if you start messin for more power on the cvt gb... ull end up killing it...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hmm...I knw tis is about car crimes and security post but my story is not relate 2 car crimes n security 1...jst wanna share a story which experienced by myself...

hmm...i was studied at penang n which my hometown at sungai petani which at kedah state...it happend at the sunday night which i m going 2 penang...i was b with my fren with my fren drive another car...here is the story..whn i was at the highway,the traffic gt abit jam...so only can 100km/h at the 2nd lane...whn i see rear view...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience