Evo7 vs Subaru V8....help me...

Turbohead

Known Member
Feb 1, 2010
Perak
Well nowadays almost everything is a target to any thief. My wife's Lancer GT side plate got yanked. My friend's Lancer GT antenna got stolen. My friend's friend Type-R got robbed inside of his own house. What to do? :bawling:

sarawak

Known Member
Oct 16, 2005
aiyo...so sad lor.....very dangerous lor....aiyo....scary also to have one..so many story..hehheheh..
ok...let me ask again....actually i already look at the e7, then also e8....both a very good to me....(subaru also best, but i think i will prefer the evo...hehehhhe...)

just want to confirm about e8 and e8MR...i read from the forum, say that there is a different between this 2....the owner claim to me that his evo 8 is MR type, but look likes is normal e8.
Why????
because:

1. the car has a sunroof....(but maybe install new...i dun know, but the owner say that this is original)no modification.from the forum say th MR is no sunroof...
2. There is in the granr\t write the EVo8-MR...forum say should written in the grant as well.
3. at speedo meter that have i colum written evolution(evo8) but Lancer(evo8-MR)

so fren, is it true for all the tip to differentiate the eo8 and evo8MR.......can anybody confirm this above statement is true...cause i want to buy that car....really very good, and i think i want to buy that car........please help me..........cause i dont want "kena tipu lor.........the price is quote for evo8MR..cause he claim the car is MR....
(price rm165K, Evo8-MR: already converrt everything with evo9 bumper, light, also all the accessory, adjustble absorber, timer, turbo timer, meter. etc...but is it ok with the price..????

please help me...i really need some advice fren..thnk you very much...

Last edited:

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Hi Sarawak,

1) MR series doesn't came with sunroof if recond unit from Japan (stock condition).
But, if brought over by Mitsubishi Malaysia (Local AP) it comes with sunroof for Non-MR series.
The roof slightly different compare to others. It have a FIN at both side edge (right/left).
Please refer the picture as a original 8MR roof.
Basically MR body parts are lighter & materiel is aluminum .

2) In the Pink Slip/Grant it only state as Mitsubishi Evolution 8 (normally-maybe the salesman too lazy to write down the MR)

3) The meter should written "LANCER" as per picture. But if he change then different story.

4) MR steering is black color not silver (for non MR series, but this can be change)

5) Gear console also written LANCER EVOLUTION MR (unless he change lar...)

6) Better to find someone familiar with EVO to check on the unit.
Maybe can ask Mr. Ah Kit/Evokit (012-610-7616) to look over.

7) You can also check the Manufacture Year from this link (thanks to khsim):
http://www.japan-partner.com/check-manufacture-year.php

8) A friend of mine also bought the E8MR with E9 bodykit conversion (bumpers & side skirts) . But all the listed above stay intact.

Hope this might helps....

Last edited:

sarawak

Known Member
Oct 16, 2005
Dear Bro Pangyau..........
your written really give me all the information....TQ vm bro.i'm really appreciated...
I will check onces again, but I think the one that the owner show me before is evo8 only.not e8-MR.............

so maybe others friens can update me on the prices: in this time what is the price for e8 and e8-MR.........

The one that i go foris rm165K, but everything , alll the accessory already put in. sunroof, titanium piing, 6defi meter, 17'sport rim ce37, double deck radio, turbo timer, adjustable absorber, and oters electronis accessori..........(got sunroof)........

to all bro.is it ok if i take the car..???is it to expensive..???
please comment..and give the opinion............TQVM members........

flanker c

Known Member
Jul 24, 2007
buy evo is good decision...coz lot of potential for upgrade..lot of performance part..you wont regret..last sunday my brother subaru ver9 sti got smoke by old Evo4...i think that evo4 was upgrade...who shame??? :mad: he very2 angry coz evo guys saja2 cari pasal...:thefinger:

sarawak

Known Member
Oct 16, 2005
hahha...I like............

pLEASE let me know if any one of your frienh want to sell the e8....hehheh..
seriously looking for e8 or e8MR.............

sarawak

Known Member
Oct 16, 2005
Dear all the Senior...
Just short question: please inform me regarding this 2

1. EVO8 come with 2 spec or only 1 spec???: 5 gear and 6 gear??
meaning that evo 8 got 5 gear and 6 gear..is it true...???

2. Evo8-MR: come with only 6gear.(This is confirm rite..???)

So we can conclude that evo8-MR come with 6speed gear, and evo-8 come with 2 spec..5speed, and 6speed gear..???is it rite???

sarawak

Known Member
Oct 16, 2005
Bros...........
just short question...
why meter sometime 180, then sometime 260????
which one is the original one for evo 8..?????
or it maybe depend onthe spec???
japan spec: 180??
us spec: 260???
please let me know bro....

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Yes.. japan spec 180kmh, uk spec 260kmh etc..

BLADE888

500 RPM
Aug 24, 2005
PENANG
MITSUBISHI LANCER E V O L U T I O N !!!!!!!!! :top:

kawamx2

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
bro, my 5 speed E7 gear 5 macam manyak lose la, gear 4 sangat tarik, ratio out?

sarawak

Known Member
Oct 16, 2005
Tq bro's.........
Anywy...anybody can suggest me the best workshop can go at Shah Alam area????
or IPOH area..??
Tq bro..

ulat50

Apr 2, 2006
bro Sarawak...i got 1 e8 GSR year made 2005..i plan to sell it..
if u interested do pm me..tq..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Since crime rates are always in the rise I have a question to ask fans of ZTH here. Are weapons and arms necessary to be kept in the car to protect ourselves?
IMO I won't and don't keep any of these items including steering lock to protect myself as I believe I'm protected if I don't leave my vehicle if I encounter with a road bully of theft. In such cases where theft (i.e: breaking your window to get your handbags or monies left on the passenger seat) is concerned we cannot do much since...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience