evo7 repaint

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
hi all, i'm gonna respray my e7. Currently is stock black. I just want spray same color.
Just repaint outside.

just want to ask.. what thing should i check when i collect my car? except the paint job.

i mean something about roof rubber.. door handle..perhaps rear trunk?

most worry me is i dunno what parts they need to dissemble for spray.. and put back. After time being, the something like rubber might fly off while in high speed..
i kind of have this experience happened at my old car civic eg.. XD

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I will check the following based on my experience.

1) Body work/smoothness
2) Paint work like orange peel or corp circles which is only visible from the side.
3) All the glass, make sure no twinkle stars of paint everywhere (I have this in my car, even the inside window and door panel - my car is silver, so it's very visible)
4) Rubber lining, not only around the door but around the outside handle too. (Mine was painted body color)
5) Make sure badges are removed for painting and put back the original spot (my badge was put senget, only noticed after months and was too late to relocate it)
6) Grills - front bumper upper and lower, don't paint it. It's fugly!
7) Tires and rims - some times, they are lazy to wrap the wheels completely before painting, so paint spots can be found on the tire and rims. Just before you collect the car, they will paint yr tire with black paint!
8) Exhaust, exhaust, exhaust! I hate it when there are paint spots on the shinny stainless steel N1 muffler!

Since you're painting only the outside, they seldom remove the inner cabin parts. So by all means, ask them to WRAP it properly, else fuck them!

Last edited:

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
stutzedward, bumper grill dont paint.. i can imagine.... but bonnet vent is ok, right?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Bro, if your bonnet vent is original matt black, do you want it to look shinny black? If yes, then u can have it painted but for me, I want it to be as original as possible.

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
uh oh. my bonnet is white.. just bought it not long ago..cuz mine e7.5 has no vent.
i gonna send my car at next week. i gonna need to tell them abt the things u mention.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Is the vent also white? Do check out to see if original comes in white. I think it's matt black.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
Pls read post #5...
his ori one no vent... He bought one wif vent from halfcut which the whole bonnet is in white...

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
not yet send into paint.. delay till end of this month. will sure update u guys with pics.. ^^

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
today i just sent her to paint.. expect next week or longer to take back...

i didn't get the spoiler.. just found out each design has their own style.. i think i better appreciate Evo 7 old style for a time being.. thanks for ur link anyway..

btw the sunway dude very funny.. i go ask how much the spoiler (i was driving myvi go there).. he told me drive the car come first lar... = ="

now i looking for headlamp which is orange stripe on top..

here is the pic b4 before i go respray today.. (bonnet gonna change to E7 with vent, car plate gonna move to side as normal evo)

Attachments

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
today i just sent her to paint.. expect next week or longer to take back...

i didn't get the spoiler.. just found out each design has their own style.. i think i better appreciate Evo 7 old style for a time being.. thanks for ur link anyway..

btw the sunway dude very funny.. i go ask how much the spoiler (i was driving myvi go there).. he told me drive the car come first lar... = ="

now i looking for headlamp which is orange stripe on top..

here is the pic b4 before i go respray today.. (bonnet gonna change to E7 with vent, car plate gonna move to side as normal evo)
Bro, if you ask me, I will keep the E7 as ORIGINAL as possible. The hood change is cool but I will maintain the squarish bumper and rear spoiler. Many like to upgrade their E7 to E8 or E9 look but to me, E7 has the most 'tough' look among the 3. It's my favorite too. So bro, good choice keeping the stock spoiler!

By the way, nice rim color combination too!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Must be automatic, cause my mother cannot drive manual.

Priority in order of importance
1. Comfort king among pickups/4wd
2. reliability/problem-free
3. fuel economy (diesel sure beats petrol right?)
4. power
5. not older than 2010, preferred if in warranty
6. no lite versions, or pissed down versions, the full manly version please

Please don't suggest Amarok, Cayenne or things that costs more than RM70k.

Mostly city driving, will modify it with bull bar front and back. Off-road...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience