Hard to shift after start engine in evo7

Raymundoo

Jan 15, 2006
Dear sifus,
Is there any previous post on why is it hard to shift after just started the engine on evo? Just recently it is quite difficult to shift after i start the engine. To move it into 1st gr/2nd/reverse...etc. The gear won't engage..like stuck. But once I manage to engage the first time (after repeated and hard forcing movement)...the rest is OK. Just a problem on initial gear change. Any ideas? I just bought my evo7 in March and haven't change any oil or done any service yet since I don't use the car on daily basis. Thanks in advance.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
its time to change clutch plate.....

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

maybe some sifu in here got other opinion...i am just sharing...

Raymundoo

Jan 15, 2006
oh man....hope its something cheaper...=) w8 other sifus insight lah...

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Raymundoo,

Base on the symptoms probably u need to change the clutch plate.

This information I gather from the older thread which all the sifu discussed.

1. Difficulties to engaging the gear unless by force.
2. When at high speed the car felt does not want to go.
3. When at the slope area, clutch slip & no grip.

Hope this might help... Clutch plate kinda expensive for aftermarket unit.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Dear sifus,
Is there any previous post on why is it hard to shift after just started the engine on evo? Just recently it is quite difficult to shift after i start the engine. To move it into 1st gr/2nd/reverse...etc. The gear won't engage..like stuck. But once I manage to engage the first time (after repeated and hard forcing movement)...the rest is OK. Just a problem on initial gear change. Any ideas? I just bought my evo7 in March and haven't change any oil or done any service yet since I don't use the car on daily basis. Thanks in advance.
last time my evo 3 like this also and the mech told me clutch pump fail already
so i changed both the clutch pump and then gear shift dam smooth already :biggrin:

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
bro,
change ur gearbox oil.Only on 1st engage after start. After warm up later no problem right?
Make sure its GL4. Clutch habis will slip.

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
yea,
first change the oil first.. then if issue still persist then only go for the hardware... check clutch pump. and check on clutch plate.. if all still ok.... last only check your gear ratios.... which is a bummer to do...

Raymundoo

Jan 15, 2006
kewl...great idea. Better try the simple n cheap ones first...if persist...then will check hardware as u all recommended.

Lanevo..yes..the prob only when 1st engage after start. After warmup OK edi.

I plan to service my car very soon...here are the info I collected from other thread. Pls correct me if I am wrong. I plan to go to mitsu service center and request the following:
- engine oil = motul turbolight (already bought myself)
- gear oil = torco
- AYC = diaqueen
- ACD = torco

Will the service center have the following product? Can the do balancing and alignment as well?

If I need to change the clutch plate finally...what's the price for the original ones?

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
just changed the oils last month, hope someone will guide me:-

1) Transaxle (Front) : MOTYL Gear 75W90 approx 1.4L
2) Transaxle (Rear) : MOTUL Gear Competition 75W140 approx 700ml
3) AYC : MOTUL ATF-1A approx 1.5L (with bleeding process)

How to check the gearbox oil?
At the moment, changing gear still smooth.
I intend to change the clutch kit soon (maybe aftermarket unit)
Base on the previous thread MOTUL Gear Competition 75W140 (GL5) not suitable for gearbox.

Anyone has tried the following item for the gearbox?
1. Motul Gear 300 75W-90 GL4 (Easter Base) or
2. Motyl Gear 75w-90 GL4 (Semi Synthetic)

Last edited:

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
Its always recommended to use back Mitsubishi Diaqueen for the AYC oil.
Agree on your statement. But Mitsubishi Diaqueen seems impossible to get in Sabah/Sarawak.
Even Brunei also... Mitsubishi Centre in Sabah very small.

If we try to source it from Peninsular. The price seems unreasonable due to transportation cost.
So the best replacement is the MOTUL product.

Thanks.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Oner Electronics Technology Limited
Oner is a professional company in offering GPS tracking solutions. We are one step ahead in hardware development and integration, also focusing on security solution and web tracking system, being exclusively a GPS research and development company and manufacturers of covert vehicle tracking systems, GSM tracking, GPS tracking, GSM/GPS tracking, fleet tracking, and real time tracking, personal security, vehicle security, home security. It is an low-cost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience