hard to shift to 2nd gear

aycy

3,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2006
Penang / Butterworth
www.facebook.com
Hi guys, my e9 when i shift from 1st gear to 2nd gear i have to push harder to get the gear in, and its not smooth like other gear,someting like krik krok then gear in, and only hapend to 2nd gear,other gear no problem, and also it only happend when i rev at lower rpm. mean low rpm rev on 1st gear then clutch to 2nd gear only got this feeling. if i rev to higher rpm on 1st gear like 4000rpm-5000rpm the 2nd gear will go in smooth. anyone know what is the cause? is it the syncro problem or oil?? thanks...

mzs_15

Known Member
Dec 24, 2007
Putrajaya
bro..wat gear oil u use just now.. try change ur oil,
change a minor things first..i recommand u use torco sgo..
my problm as same like u,before dis i use castrol lsd,
my 2nd gear stuck every time i change it..but after i change d oil,
my prob solve alrdy..back to the normal..
gud luck bro!!!

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
last time i used redline oil, i also got the same problem.
then, i change to motul oil and its ok already. (but very expensive).

i think redline oil is too think for this 6-speed gearbox, the gear sets are too sensitive to that.

aaloon

Known Member
Nov 16, 2006
What they said is correct but i more clarify it. I also facing the same problem as the foreman let me know that the oil i used is too thick so it need warm up 1st to make the oil hot then only u shift the gear will more smoothly. It only happen in early morning? cox engine & oil still cold!!

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
last time i also changed redline oil 2 times (wasting money) and still the same,
then tried using original Toyota gear oil, very smooth gear, but no confident because it is cheap.
then change to motul oil...

TomicaGTR

Known Member
Jun 6, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
What they said is correct but i more clarify it. I also facing the same problem as the foreman let me know that the oil i used is too thick so it need warm up 1st to make the oil hot then only u shift the gear will more smoothly. It only happen in early morning? cox engine & oil still cold!!
Same as me. I use kaaz need to warm up first after that very smooth n happy :burnout:

khsim

Known Member
Apr 16, 2009
bro...since u alrd use redline gear oil or u can try to mix some redline shockproof.....

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
I thought i was the one who had imagination about this. And now i know is not my imagination.
I'm having the same problem as well, and also just changed to Redline MT90 for front, 75w140 for transfer case and rear differential last saturday.
Not sure what is happening though. But i realize 1st->2nd, and 3rd->4th also having same problem.

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
it is ok to use redline oil in transfer case and differential. in fact, it is good, because thicker means more protection.

once you change the gear oil to the thinner one, your gear shift should be smoother.

at least above is my experience.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Number plate : ADU 6618

light blue wira 1.5gli

gt wing at the back (very high)

14 inch rims i think

lifted back end ( rally style )

small double eksos muffler

special edition face lift front end ( bumper etc )

front bares undergrnd sticker ( windscreen )

basic desciption...driver thinks its a lambo !! dangerous driving around setapak...spotted arnd jalan genting kelang and danau kota area many times...keep a look out guys as he thinks he owns the road.....just a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience