hard to shift to 2nd gear

H22-C

500 RPM
Jul 23, 2007
i really dunno my motul grade, you can try to ask Ah Loy if you want.

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Hey bro, any solution or updates from it? I'm getting annoyed whenever the 2nd gear is hard to shift. Sometimes cannot shift at all and have to repress clutch only can engaged.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
looks like all car owner here are rich and using high end brand oil:adore: mine only using mitsu diaqueen lsd gear oil for front gearbox, mid and rear differential :bawling: no money, but shift is still ok, just 5th gear hard cause suspected syncrho gone...lol

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
Waa bro, like that I also need to look for a new syncro
Meh? :(...
Just because of changing gear oil can cause so much prob... Btw now, my first gear sometimes wan to shift from 1st gear to free also got problem d even the clutch has been fully pressed. Is like I'm forcing to switch the gear. Dam

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
synchro is the mechanism that match up ur gear speed in order to made a smooth shift, if synchro got problem, symptom probably like mine, when slow or low speed shift to 5th gear fast, smooth, but, if u rev high or change gear fast in a faster speed like over 80km/h to 5th gear, it can be shift but u will heard some kind of sound like "gruok" that will make u feel bei song, luckily it was no the gear grinding "krack" sound, synchro can be replace , do found out few service provider in zth, guys can search in zth.......

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Got a spare synchro with transfer case for CP9A ...

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
I think i am facing the same issue as well, I can feel my 2nd gear is a bit difficult to enggage it feels like gear tak masuk with a bit locking feel and some noise.

At first i think i did fully step on the clutch by i was wrong it happens a few times but sometimes it not happen.

Other gear no proble at all. I will check what gear oil i use. Anynsolution on this?change oil?what brand and price?

By the way i am driving evo ix.

greenmivec

Known Member
Nov 10, 2005
Guys

Is it possible that the clutch need to be adjusted to remove the problem?

skyboy

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
KUL
Hi Guys , i got the same issue but this happen after my engine warm up.. the.. first 20 - 30 km the gear shift is smooth later i'll have problem shiftin 2nd and 3rd , I've change my clucth recently (3 months) , pls advice.

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
I think i am facing the same issue as well, I can feel my 2nd gear is a bit difficult to enggage it feels like gear tak masuk with a bit locking feel and some noise.

At first i think i did fully step on the clutch by i was wrong it happens a few times but sometimes it not happen.

Other gear no proble at all. I will check what gear oil i use. Anynsolution on this?change oil?what brand and price?

By the way i am driving evo ix.
Bro try to switch 1st-2nd gear in 2k rpm and below, you will find it no problem. But if you switch to 2nd gear in 3k rpm, then problem arise.
Mine still like that for more than 3 months d after i changed my gear oil to redline. I got no idea what is going on. Have you change your gear oil as well?

aycy

3,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2006
Penang / Butterworth
www.facebook.com
Bro try to switch 1st-2nd gear in 2k rpm and below, you will find it no problem. But if you switch to 2nd gear in 3k rpm, then problem arise.
Mine still like that for more than 3 months d after i changed my gear oil to redline. I got no idea what is going on. Have you change your gear oil as well?

yaya u are right... below 3k all ok
above then got problem. is it really got problem or the gearbox itself is like this?:hmmmm::mad:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

needed help...
im drivind a kenari and wanna know how much is tanabe sping will cost include install... where is the shop... thanks 4 ur help...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience