Evo IX

Stormvolution 9

Jun 18, 2005
Cannondale,

Thx for de info ya~ :_: Weighing up all possibility now... even sourcing those used i/c kit oso... hahaha...

EE9,

Apa macam bozz lately? How's ur car stickers going? Chun not??? LoLzzzzzzzz... If ok, send me some pics ya... Me stil waiting waiting for all my thingy to b ready... then onli can arrange to install la... Sien...

azizi.aziz

Jul 5, 2006
Hi Andy,
Long time didn't hear anything, busy huh? Just to ask u about after market turbo kits for E9 from N1 (according to the sales person from US??not sure) good or not?? They say the response and turbine material is much better. Any info on this ??

What your upgrading plan?? Mind to share??

Heard that Tomei expreme manifold for Evo4-9 available now at SS , plan to hv a look.

Soundstream

May 2, 2004
NR MY
I'm a newbie here just to ask about mod-ing the evo stage 1,2 n 3...actually is there any right procedure to mod from stage 1 till stagex ? mind to list down the things need to be mod for every single stages ? coz i want to know where am i now..hehe

sorry to interrupt the topic...

cheersz all !

Stormvolution 9

Jun 18, 2005
Azizi,

What brand is tht N1 selling? XS Power??? If yes, there r few shops selling it at Sunway area... Parts such as manifold or turbo outlet, v got members using it... But not de turbo kit yet... Heard de turbo is not ball bearing type if its XS Power turbo, tht's y de pricing r more 'frenly'... hehehe... But able to chun out 400hp... Some said it can b use since our ori Evo turbos oso non-ball bearing type... Haha...

As for SS, i jus went over on Wed... But didnt see their Tomei manifold le... But Joe told me his container is on de way again la... Haha... Shld b soon... n yep, interested to go over to hv a look... Mayb i buzz u or u buzz me la if u happen to b there...

Am doing air intake system, i/c piping/kit, exhuast system except manifold, BC, meters, fuel system n etc... Prepare to boost up ard 1.5-1.6 bar... Aiming ard 320hp +/-... :_:

Soundstream,

Stage 1 is mainly those basic thingy such as full intake n exhuast system, i/c kit, radiator kit, cams, ECU, chasis n etc...

Whereas in stage 2, things start to get serious such as drop in a bigger turbo kit + all those related performance parts...

In stage 3 it is de track setting liao... take off whatever extar tht can save weight, even 1-2 kgs... such as floor map, rear seats, doors n lotsa more...

:_:

Soundstream

May 2, 2004
NR MY
S9,

Thanks for the info sharing here...hmm talking abt i/c kit and exshaust system..which is recommended come 1st ?

i/c kit > is the HKS type S or R is recommended ? let's says plan to mod till stage 2....coz is a 1 time buy....u guys know how much ? the type S kit or type R kit ?

Stormvolution 9

Jun 18, 2005
Soundstream,

Btw Exhuast system (including manifold, turbo outlet, front pipe, straight pipe, exhuast) n i/c kit - exhuast system is recommended to do 1st... Ori CT9A i/c claimed to b able to withstand up to 380hp from Mitsubishi Japan... So if u r not going to do above tht level jus yet, u can choose to do so in de later stage!!! Bigger i/c need higher pressure/ boost in order to avoid lag or drop in pressure... So setting must b done properly!!!

HKS i/c kit r selling ard 4k++, not sure which model... Currently Greddy/Trust r hving so call super deal where their i/c kit r going below 3k... Its all depends on what hp u plan to get for ur car... If below 420hp+/- GReddy shld b fine... If more than HKS is de BEST!!! Haha... Oso de ARC i/c, its really top range products!!! Check tht out too!!!

Cheers!!! :_: Hope this simple info helps!!!

Soundstream

May 2, 2004
NR MY
Sure and thxs man...guess would go for a exhaust dulu...hehe
less than 3k is a good deal lor including all the s/s piping and so on....
hmmm if were to aim higher bhp the bov aso need to change then...woooo lotsa mod-ing stages....blurblur..hehee.... :)

azizi.aziz

Jul 5, 2006
Hi S9, thanks for the info , btw just curious , do u plan to change ur turbine as u plan to boost ard 1.5-1.6 , if no , what other required parts to support that kind of boost.. mind to share. thanks

DDgreystar

Sep 20, 2004
if u can further afford....change to ARP headstud kit...top n bottom bolts....SSracing have it :D

DDgreystar

Sep 20, 2004
n make sure u r using a better BOV (race proven 1s dat allows stability to hold higher boost) if u have a wastegate is even better...able to transfer engine exhaust heat off to the ground at certain BAR....for example 44mm wastegate 1 bar boost will start to CHARRRRRRRRRRRRRR n off goes the exhaust heat

Stormvolution 9

Jun 18, 2005
Azizi,

As far as i know, de E9 pistons n conrods r de improved 1 from de E8MR... So with de above mentioned parts, its ok to boost ard 1.5-1.6 bar... Oso make sure de fuel r enough (fuel regulator is needed) for de engine while boosting high!!! Yep, DD is right too... If wanna stable boosting either a harder actuator is needed or a wastegate... It can stabilize de boost level accurately with either 1 of those parts... But for me not yet lo... Haha... Budget budget 1st somore not at serious modding stage yet, so jus do those essential things 1st... I oso changing de radiator hoses n all pipings, cos during higher boost de ori rubber pipings or hoses might expand (mengembang la those hoses) thus cant sustain a stable boost...

After this, 2007 project wil b a exh cam + ECU... This wil enable me to rev til 7,000+ rpm without de power declining... Currently our dyno chat (for ori E9) showing at 6k+ rpm onwards de power started to come down... so no point draging more than tht rpm, as it onli wasted more fuel... :_: With de right combination with cams, ECU, fuel pump but with de ori E9 injectors n turbo, this setting is able to give u ard 380hp engine power!!! Which is really more than enough for me liao!!! :_:

azizi.aziz

Jul 5, 2006
Hi S9 , thanks for sharing the info, for that kind of hp~ 380hp , e9 ori clutch plate still can stand ? or need to change oso? sorry too many question.

Stormvolution 9

Jun 18, 2005
Azizi,

Definately need twin plate clutch le... Haha... Sure ori cant stand tht kinda power transmision... Wil hv to change 1 shot... No pro le... V r all sharing here ma... Oso i might consider to upgrade those plug cables, spark plugs n some electronic thingy in de future jus to make de car more stable n capable!!! :_: Sure pocket wil got a big hole by then!!! Haha...

Its not a race to watch, but let us have a feel in both cars.

While the heavy Veyron with a 1000-hp quad-turbo W16 engine through a 7-speed dual-clutch semi-automatic gearbox, powers all four wheels, the super-light F40 is driven through a conventional 6-speed manual by a twin-turbo 3-liter V8 to the rear wheels. The Veyron is one of the most complicated cars ever devised, let alone produced, while the...