Engine Oil for Mivec 1.6 DOHC 4G92

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
my next engine oil change ...almost here, and i notice when the next oil km getting nearer the sound of the engine bit louder, not too but just a bit..notice that! i got another 900km to go.
im thinking abt to try other brands...
any one tried Royal Purple for Mivec 1.6 DOHC 4G92

cheers

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
my next engine oil change ...almost here, and i notice when the next oil km getting nearer the sound of the engine bit louder, not too but just a bit..notice that! i got another 900km to go.
im thinking abt to try other brands...
any one tried Royal Purple for Mivec 1.6 DOHC 4G92

cheers
i am using royal purple...so far its ok...but tappet noise is apparent.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
is there any Q8 dealer in jb?? thinking for using one...

currently using hi-force full syn, sucks... i saw one shop has rm90 service pkg using idemitsu 10/40 semi syn, is it nice?? idemitsu fully syn rm190 and speedmaster fully syn rm245

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
i am using royal purple...so far its ok...but tappet noise is apparent.
but overall engine sound beside the tappet?:driver:

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

is there any Q8 dealer in jb?? thinking for using one...

currently using hi-force full syn, sucks... i saw one shop has rm90 service pkg using idemitsu 10/40 semi syn, is it nice?? idemitsu fully syn rm190 and speedmaster fully syn rm245
not sure about Q8 dealer in JB , but i can provide you contact for one of the Q8 dealer in Klang valley located at Damansara Damai probably you need to ring them up...:driver:

modesto007

Known Member
Sep 17, 2008
mates im in penang for a week, anyone selling Royal Purple in Penang ha... any idea?

cheers

Aug 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Well bro, actually i'd think it's fine whether u Motul, Q8, Idemitsu, Torco and some other high profile brands on yr Mivec. More or less it's quite smooth n responsive and i've tried all these brands. Actually, I'd not suggest u to use thinner engine oil especially if u have any tappet problem. The "train" sound is very obvious during cold start. Kakaka..Most importantly for yr Mivec, as long as you're using higher viscocity engine oil >40 and be able to sustain the heat in yr engine. Also, pls pls if not necessary "do not" use any addictives or what ever lubricant and mix with yr engine oil. If you dun believe, do a top overhaul and see what is covered on yr piston rings..Cheers bro..:biggrin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In the past, automakers have tried to either eliminate the wipers or to control their speed automatically. Some of the schemes involved detecting the vibrations caused by individual raindrops hitting the windshield, applying special coatings that did not allow drops to form, or even ultrasonically vibrating the windshield to break up the droplets so they don't need to be wiped at all. But these systems were plagued by problems and either never made them to production or were quickly axed...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience