Engine Noisy After going thru flood

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Zidane

Known Member
Guys,

Last friday, I had to go thru a flood. Didn't want to but there was a whole lotta cars behind me and at least 5 cars made it thru.

Anyway, I went for it. I made IT! YES! But i promise nvr to do it again on a rainy day.

And the following day after popping my my hood, the engine bay was covered with mud.

And there was a noisy sound coming from the timing belt.

Any1 of u experienced this?

regards,

timing belt? or the fan belt?

if timing belt makes sound then something's major is going to happen.

issit the screeching sound when u accelerate? should be the fan belt... and yes i experienced it, just last week when i got into a flood at cherating... but after a few minutes of slow driving, the sound went off by itself.

Nope. It's not the fan belt.

I know the fan belt coz i've experienced it on several of cars.

I'd say its probably some dirt or lack of grease in the timing belt's bearings or something similar. Send it for a wash/cleanup and re-grease lor, worst is having to replace the timing belt set.

what kind of noise?? that's the most importatnt thing.

is it screeching noise? squeaking noise? tapping noise?

so is mine

heard a tapping sound after going throug flood..u know what??
the problem solved by changing to a new gear box!!!total lost mate....:angry_smile: stupid road

mine is the sreeching sound.... kinda noisy when u wanna move from standstill..

i noticed most of the replies came from members with Z infront.. =_= tooo sien ...

acura said:
mine is the sreeching sound.... kinda noisy when u wanna move from standstill..

i noticed most of the replies came from members with Z infront.. =_= tooo sien ...
your's sounds like the fan belt.... try tightening the pulley, or if the belt's deteriorating.. change it b4 it snaps.

try to press and check the tension of the fan belt 1st..if its loose..than just thighten it..if its tight and still makes that sound...time for a change.

yupp, its the auxiliary drives belt either for power steering pump, alternator or air-cond compressor.

adjust as necessary, not too tight but gives some freeplay. if belt found to cracked, change instantly.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom