Kancil Noisy Engine

twistedpotato

Aug 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hello people, i'm kinda new here. Would like to get some recommendation for my car problem.
My 850 kancil's engine been noisy for a while now. My mechanic has recommended me to overhaul the engine if i want to get rid of the noise but he told me that my engine is still powerful so it's not necessary.

Is there any cheaper solution to get rid of the noise or do i really need an overhaul? So far as i heard of carboniser and another one Liqui Moly ceramico which was recommended by Izso.
Just wanna make sure my car is fine so i can sell it.

Here is how the car sound. I'm referring to the low sound ya not the high one which has been there since i changed my alternator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL_00kkinNo

Any input would be useful thank you all :adore:

Last edited:

desmond0318

Known Member
May 31, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
The noise sounds like pulley loosen or some belt not tighten enough.. There is no such noise before you change the alternator? Alternator is recond set?

twistedpotato

Aug 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
The noise sounds like pulley loosen or some belt not tighten enough.. There is no such noise before you change the alternator? Alternator is recond set?
The engine (low pitch noise) has been like that before i changed the alternator. The high pitch squealing sound only happened after i changed my alternator. Alternator is new set but idk why is it so bloody noisy.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Maybe can send to vr2turbo's regular mech to check. They are quite good to me :smile:

twistedpotato

Aug 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
maybe its the aircond compressor.. did u service it recently?
Aircond compressor eh? I barely use air cond in the car since it's slows the car down and recently the gas finished i think. Would it be noisy even if my aircond is not on?

Maybe can send to vr2turbo's regular mech to check. They are quite good to me :smile:
I guess i could try if it's nearby. Care to share where's the location? :)

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Aircond compressor eh? I barely use air cond in the car since it's slows the car down and recently the gas finished i think. Would it be noisy even if my aircond is not on?

go to 3,4,5 @ 6 other workshop & hear them out & see which have similar solution oso can

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Is in Puchong before Bandar Puteri Puchong., there is a Flyover to U-turn to the
opposite side of the road before Tesco.

Indian Temple/Honda Service Center is the landmark. Don't know why this Honda Service Center is not shown on google map but it should be around Jalan TPP 1/16. Is at the middle along that road. Consider Corner shop. U can search in google map. U will roughly know where.

Friendly boss. Vr2turbo's 20 over years mech if not wrong. Hard to find a trustworthy mech nowadays. :top:

twistedpotato

Aug 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Is in Puchong before Bandar Puteri Puchong., there is a Flyover to U-turn to the
opposite side of the road before Tesco.

Indian Temple/Honda Service Center is the landmark. Don't know why this Honda Service Center is not shown on google map but it should be around Jalan TPP 1/16. Is at the middle along that road. Consider Corner shop. U can search in google map. U will roughly know where.

Friendly boss. Vr2turbo's 20 over years mech if not wrong. Hard to find a trustworthy mech nowadays. :top:
Thanks bro for the detailed direction and recommendation! Will keep that place in mind. Btw would you know any good shops nearby kepong? :)

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks bro for the detailed direction and recommendation! Will keep that place in mind. Btw would you know any good shops nearby kepong? :)
Bro. SF is a die hard. He is from Kepong and he goes to Puchong to service/repair his car....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya, bro vr2turbo already stated there. :rofl: I live in Kepong but go all the way there to service.
I don't mind the distance. I just don't want to get chopped or get those not so trustworthy workshops.

Bro. SF is a die hard. He is from Kepong and he goes to Puchong to service/repair his car....:driver:
I just so hope that he would move his workshop to PJ LOL! But by then I think the price have to match the area and rental of that place :rofl:

twistedpotato

Aug 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Ya, bro vr2turbo already stated there. :rofl: I live in Kepong but go all the way there to service.
I don't mind the distance. I just don't want to get chopped or get those not so trustworthy workshops.

I just so hope that he would move his workshop to PJ LOL! But by then I think the price have to match the area and rental of that place :rofl:
Haha so dedicated ah. I guess I'll try going there too then. What's the name of the shop? Or is it the only car shop in that row?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Haha so dedicated ah. I guess I'll try going there too then. What's the name of the shop? Or is it the only car shop in that row?
Ya along that road, look to the right. Is on your right. 1st timer, I afraid you might miss the U-Turn. So, alternative longer road will be to go through Bandar Puteri Puchong to that workshop. If you have GPS would be better or just use WAZE.

1st map is to go through by the U-Turn Flyover.

Keep to the left lane best before IOI Mall at the opposite. If not you won't be able to turn into the lane that leads to the U-Turn flyover since it was barricaded.

2nd Map is through Bandar Puteri Puchong Giant there.

U-Turn under the flyover. Then after U-Turn, cut back to the right to the flyover and stay left lane. Turn Left, you will see an indian temple on your left and in front there is a turning to the left before the Honda Service Center. It may just appear as an empty box in google map next to the Indian Temple.

Attachments

twistedpotato

Aug 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Ya along that road, look to the right. Is on your right. 1st timer, I afraid you might miss the U-Turn. So, alternative longer road will be to go through Bandar Puteri Puchong to that workshop. If you have GPS would be better or just use WAZE.

1st map is to go through by the U-Turn Flyover.

Keep to the left lane best before IOI Mall at the opposite. If not you won't be able to turn into the lane that leads to the U-Turn flyover since it was barricaded.

2nd Map is through Bandar Puteri Puchong Giant there.

U-Turn under the flyover. Then after U-Turn, cut back to the right to the flyover and stay left lane. Turn Left, you will see an indian temple on your left and in front there is a turning to the left before the Honda Service Center. It may just appear as an empty box in google map next to the Indian Temple.
Thanks a lot bro. Appreciate your time for writing it in detail. :adore:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all...
Do anyone know how to changed meter panel ( i mean the display only, the speed/rpm/fuel/temp number).
TQ
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience