4G93 tapet sound suddenly turn noisy

May 13, 2012
penang
Last night im driving my car from Perlis to Penang, suddenly i heard the tapet sound from 4g93 n/a turn too noisy than usual and the engine power also lost. Feel heavy and cant go to 140km/h. Continue drive slowly until reach the Penang Bridge, when i press the clutch the engine dead, also heard the high humming sound from tappet before that. Then engine cannot start, like battery low. Try to jumped the the battery also cannot. Then towed the car by Peronda Plus to nearby workshop. What exacly happen to the car? Still waiting the Pomen to solve.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
sounds like d timing belt skipped a couple of tooths,maybe more, and d valves hit d pistons giving u dat noisy sound.when left running in dat condition and tested at 140kmh,it got worse and dat made it impossible to restart. please verify dis and report back

kelone

May 13, 2012
penang
Hi, engine oil ok, temperature ok, mechanic said oil pump fail. oil cannot reach at the head .Need to overhaul caused the engine already jammed. $$$ gone :frown:

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
mmm..no oil light [at meter] ke..??
or no unusual sound before dat??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Made the following mods on my ATR....

- Apexi N1 Evolution exhaust (gives a nice rumble).
- Defi boost gauge
- SARD fuel regulator

This coming Saturday, I will be installing the Blitz i-color boost controller.

Ok, having installed the N1 I believe I have lost a bit of low end making city driving a bit more difficult as I have lost some back pressure which the auto does not seem to like....I'm hoping the boost controller will help with this as it will allow me to set boost...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience