Noisy sound after changing spring (kelisa)

yukikaze26

Apr 22, 2009
Terengganu
I had 2002 Perodua Kelisa with millage over 200k km. A few month ago I change the rear spring since my old spring doesn't work perfectly. I change new one with the brand APM. But the problem come after I change the spring. A strange noise come up whenever I drive over bumpy road/ uneven surface. The sound come from the rear left tyre. It sound like something loose (kinda of screw or bearing loose...). I send the car to several workshop but none of mechanics could fixed it. Also to mention here, my rear left tyre is different with the rear right one. Is it the problem because of the tyre or spring??

leynye yamin

Known Member
Sep 30, 2011
Sabah Sandakan
the spring must wraped with water hose for better insulation, take out back the spring and wrap with water hose, around one coil is enough for upper and lower part of spring for each side.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

also check your rear absober, it might be jammed, and need replacement. it happened to me as well, brand new rear absorber, after few days usage, noise came out from the rear, make me go out and replace the rear absorber again, after replace only then the noise gone.btw, use oil absorber for quite use.

boi

Known Member
Sep 4, 2008
check the spring sit properly or not...

headshot

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
also check the rubber boot for ur spring

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
I had 2002 Perodua Kelisa with millage over 200k km. A few month ago I change the rear spring since my old spring doesn't work perfectly. I change new one with the brand APM. But the problem come after I change the spring. A strange noise come up whenever I drive over bumpy road/ uneven surface. The sound come from the rear left tyre. It sound like something loose (kinda of screw or bearing loose...). I send the car to several workshop but none of mechanics could fixed it. Also to mention here, my rear left tyre is different with the rear right one. Is it the problem because of the tyre or spring??
how different? the width and series is not the same?

if the right one a 165/55/14 and the left one is 175/50/14, possible the wheels touching the spring seat. But I doubt any tire shop would ever do that. :rolleyes:

is the APM a low spring? Possibly you are rubbing the wheel arch (fender).

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
My experience, after changing new absorbers front and rear, my left rear tyre area have noise. So send back to them the next day, they
check and confirm absorber faulty. Change a new one for me then settle already now.

You using different brand of tyres for the rear? :stoned: Your tyres are gonna wear off very differently and you won't be able to do
swapping during alignment.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bros,

i need some advice with which turbo timer 2 get... rite now im using an apexi pen timer but i cant use the air fuel ratio function cuz my car originally doesnt come wit O2 sensor....

So i want 2 chnge turbo timers... which turbo timer has speed, rpm and voltage readings??? Plz help me out fast cuz wana chnge soon... thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience