engine jerking... b16a

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
ya i know, alot of possibilities...

fuel pump i've changed when i got my car back from the tranplant..

fuel filter changed, when i cleaned the injector...

left dist or plug cables... altho the cables i changed to NGK... but its used... haih pening pening

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
the issue definitely can troubleshoot but im certain your mech can find the answer...i tried asking my mech...and asked him wat could be the possibilities ...and he mentioned what we have discussed..after i told those has been checked...he said "Susah mau cakap,mau tengok baru boleh tau" ..sorry bro.

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
ya lor bro hard to explain without checking......coz sometime it only caused by different prob but the same symptoms :rolleyes:....here we only can try to help from wat we oredi xperience,maybe urs is different cause.....

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
ya i know =(
sadly i have to troubleshoot myself... weekends also not very free to visit mech, can only ask via phone..

i think i'll try getting another distributor... or hell, just get a fully refurbished one... if its not the problem, at least i can still sell my old one... hehe.. or keep as backup..

thanks for all the time invested here guys, really aprpeciate it.

apparently, clement also have same problem LOL

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
bro,juz notice for last night....y ar my engine when idling the timing@rpm is not stable.....not yet hv time to send to wshop hehe maybe can try to DIY if u ppl got xperience this thing...

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
when u mean not stable, u mean it fluctuates ? does it only occur when air cond is on? if so its normal cuz i go thru the same thing.

when my air cond is off, my idle is perfectly stable.

if it occurs when air cond isn't on, then perhaps u just need to service the IACV (located at the back of the intake manifold, between firewall and IM) cuz air cond idle is linked/related to that.

just to update u guys,

i've changed my distributor and my plug cables - problem still persist. i now think that its my fuel pump, since im still using the 1992 eg6 fuel pump which came with the halfcut....

thank god i didnt buy new distributor/plug cables. hooray to avantgarde for allowing me to troubleshoot.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
now just hope and pray its your fuel pump...cause if it isnt... :bawling:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Next week I'm gonna try another ecu and see how. Hopefully it's not ecu cuz the price is damn high nowadays... Haih.
aik....i thought you tried another ecu already?

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
I swapped the chip, not the entire ecu. Sorry for my misleading info. Ini spoon replica kut... Huhuhu

defari

Known Member
Feb 27, 2008
hehe your wiring pernah potong2 and mixed tak? i also have this kind of problem before, last last i found out...its my kacukan wiring from previous owner, then i tukar wiring without cut terus settle problem... so u need to check injector/distributor/fuel pump/throttle body & throttlebody cable(this one pun tak banyak orang kisah) and dont forget WIRING too hahaha. seriously this kind of problem will give u headache to solve

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
my rpm is not stable only when OFF aircond bro...this week is my bad week :banghead::banghead: my clutch lining out,my alternator out,my power steering oil leak :banghead::banghead:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
Fuel pump changed. Still got jerking!! Last item to change is ecu. Hopefully it's not wiring. Pening. :(

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Fuel pump changed. Still got jerking!! Last item to change is ecu. Hopefully it's not wiring. Pening. :(
bro....:banghead:

just try another ECU 1st...if ECU also doesnt fix it....really duno what to do or say ...just take from a friend and test...very easy and fast to do...

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
taking it from my mech.. hehe. yeah i know its easy, probably the easiest to swap.. but somehow i kept it as the last one cuz it will also be the most expensive one to change.. >.<

oh well. will do it maybe tmr.. drive my EK to work.. omg.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys! Im new here :P

I thinking buying 2nd hand sports car under 50k....which one will suitable to me?
(maybe prelude? altezza?)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience