engine jerking... b16a

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
Okok sorry. Haha. Can only test on the weekends la bro. That car is not my daily drive. Sorry. Jawapannya.... Selepas ini!

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
ya ya... go go test... syuhh syuhhhh....
reply asap k......

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
okla, drove my car last night... so far no jerking again.

i guess sandpaper-ing the distributor and cleaning the spark plugs worked for me.

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
yeah... that's cool.... relief headache meh.......

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
congrats bro...glad that nightmare is over

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
lucky for u la bro :biggrin: can simpan money for xmas present.....anything with b16a engine update here k for reference:driver:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
hmmm ok, i just tested it again and im in doubt again...

here's the situation, pls bear with my england. i dont know how best can i explain this.

driving on 3rd gear, 4-5k rpm... hold it constant at that range... the engine will suddenly JERK, not all the time, ONCE IN A BLUE MOON, which makes troubleshooting even more difficult.

the jerk is like, try holding ur car in high rev (4-6k rpm), gently tap ur accelerator (tap as in just tap, release full then tap it again, then release full again) tap it a few times, say 4-5 times.

ur car will jerk so bad that ur head will be like "head banging".

i experience that kind of jerk. i'm not sure if its because i purposely tap my accel to feel the jerk, then when the car jerk, it actually moves me front and back on my seat, which, unknowingly, i'm tapping the accel...

or is there something wrong with my distributor/plug cables... or could there be anything else...

fcuk man.. damn troubled by this small sh*t.. =(

no xmas for me.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro,

just see if your mech has a spare ecu in his shop...just try to change the ecu and test and see...
does this always happen or occasionally ?

or if he got a distributor for you to test?

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

it doesnt happen when you full throttle? only partial throttle ?

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
like that ar bro.....u already try check the injector or not....myb got pipeline dirty coming from ur fuel tank....better if u can try parts by parts exchange wit ur fren to make sure u didn't throw ur money buying wrong parts :smokin:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
ad_eg : i just recently took another ecu from my mech (for fun). he claims its FEEL'S replica. So if my previous ecu was giving problem, i believe i shouldn't have it now since i'm on another ecu. it happens occasionally, thats the problem! distributor, i will have to ask him to order 1 and let me test it out... =( it happens when i press partial of the throttle, full throttle no prob so far...

shah : injector cleaned 4-5 months ago, if pipeline how ah? sadly, i've got no friends running on the same engine as me =(

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
ad_eg : i just recently took another ecu from my mech (for fun). he claims its FEEL'S replica. So if my previous ecu was giving problem, i believe i shouldn't have it now since i'm on another ecu. it happens occasionally, thats the problem! distributor, i will have to ask him to order 1 and let me test it out... =( it happens when i press partial of the throttle, full throttle no prob so far...

shah : injector cleaned 4-5 months ago, if pipeline how ah? sadly, i've got no friends running on the same engine as me =(
this was also happening in your previous ecu i assume?

hmmm bro honestly...i cant say...you said your fuel pump you change 1 year ago right ? maybe its acting up now?

honestly bro..hard to say la..i am not sure of other possibilities for this..