engine jerking... b16a

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
need some help here bro....my ride keeps on jerking mostly during low rpm around 1k-2500 rpm....if use low gear not so bad jerking but if u use the high gear xpesially 4th gear will feel more jerk...
when check spark plug, 1st and 3rd plug got black mark and a bit wet......after clean/change plug ok but only for 1-2 weeks (jerk again).....ask fren they said need to top overhaul.......is it:smokin:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
engine jerking could be caused by several things bro... i would firstly check my ecu/chip. try to replace with a friend/foremen and test.

if still got, check the following:
distributor
plug cables
injectors
spark plugs (but u said u have checked)

thats all i can remember for now.

cheers. keep us updated

good luck

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
The plug is wet due to engine oil or due to fuel.. i'm sure you can tell the difference. If oil, then there's some leakage and if its fuel, then its overfuelling.

Don't tell me you floor the pedal at 1.5-2k rpm at 4th gear. Thats crazy hehehe.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro it could be your plug seals have gone bad.

if its oil,then you might have problems with your seals

if its fuel,its either over fueling or then your spark has got issues,distributor got problems....

is your car stock? any VAFC? piggyback ? fuel regulator ? what is your car setup?

shah5755

Known Member
Apr 20, 2007
Pj....kch
my car still std b16a oni changed exhaust to straight flow.....from my view it seems like wet coz of fuel.....after clean plug no more jerking but after use for 1-2 weeks start again but not so serious....high speed ok no prob hehe

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

my car still std b16a,exhaust oni change to straight flow....seems like wet due to fuel bro,will try to send my car for proper inspection......btw its only jerk during low rpm,but when high rpm no jerk.....no vafc,piggyback etc hehe std mendet....

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
hmmm ok...then it might be a spark issue....check ur cables and your distributor....try to ask your mech to swap your distributor if he got an y spare lying around and see if it solves the issue....

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Bro
Not everything is cause by ecu BUT
I have repair ecu that the customer
complained just like u... STD but have
over fueling....
So pls have a looking on ur ecu per my
posting on Ecu Warning....
Tq

Aug 15, 2010
perak
im facing the same prob here.... it happen bila2 dia suka. Last time i thought it was my gearbox. Yesss tukar the gearbox last year. It cost me 2k. But still the same prob happen. My foreman also pening kepala (maybe he's not very familiar with jazz auto). Then my wife notice something. The foreman use this oil that obviously stated "DO NOT USE ON AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION". When i asked him, he said "ok... no problem punya. Boleh pakai..." So pros, what do u think? I dun want to tukar my gearbox again. Raya is coming... You know what i mean? hahaha thx in advance. :hmmmm:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
well, describe ur jerking... it could be due to the above mentioned... gearbox wise, im not too sure...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm very interested to get an FD2R, also the price just dropped. Above that I'm putting a side about RM20k for car mod. What am I looking at & what could I get from that kind of budget?
I don't need a track car & not going to spend too much. If needing topping up above the budget abit would be fine. I'm asking this before getting the car...

What I have is mind is NOT to change the major parts in FD2R. What comes in with the car should be good enough already. Just mod it to the limit that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience