engine hard to start when its hot

karhong

Known Member
Apr 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys...im driving a toyota ae111 or known as SEG with engine 4afe stock.
recently i found out that my car is hard to start when its hot...
like i part at convenient store to buy stuff,then when wanna back home,hard to start...
i already change the distributor,new plug cable and spark plug edi...
and somemore run diagnos to check got sensor broken anot...
and the problem is still there...can some1 tell me what is the problem?
when its hard to start, i can smell petrol smell... :(
i got phobia to stop my car now...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
does it crank when hot? crank but doesnt start? or crank, about to start but doesnt?

karhong

Known Member
Apr 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
it does crank...but doesnt start nomatter how long i hold the key...so i need to close and pull the key out and try again for few times only to get start...after start,engine is like not stable...rpm oso wan drop like that...so i press oil to make rpm go up and only it stable at 1k rpm...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
check plug white colour or brownish??

if white probably setting was lean...maybe fuel pump weak already?

or try adjusting ignition (via distributors or ecu)

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
this thing is actually happens to me...i'm using civic 2005....in the morning can start easily...but after go shopping or yamca for a few minutes in the afternoon or even wanna stop for refueling....car cannot start...damn!!!....check to the mech and add some relay..it helps only for few days...problem still persist...last2 i check my battery...its 2008..hahaha...bought new battery and its all SETTLED!!!...maybe this problem vary for different cars...but y not check your battery first....

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Starter too hot also can cause this problem my car also also same problem as you. When I go to pump petrol off the engine when want to start the cranking like battery want to dead after a while the 1 crank then start.

starwing11

Known Member
Dec 13, 2007
overheated fuel pump also makes the car hard to start....

Jakk

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Selangor
last time my car kena the same problem.

the culprit is the main relay.

hope it helps.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
for battery check, when u cranking...the starter cranking power strong or weak? strong = battery ok, weak = battery weak.

for fuel pump, some mech connect a fuel press meter at ur fuel line to check the pressure.

and make sure ur car petrol not always at 'E' level coz fuel pump easily get overheated when fuel level getting low in fuel tank... :)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:itsme:Hello folks

Summer greetings from Mauritius and best wishes to you all

The owner of this BMW came to see me several times but I couldn't work on his car due to my job and time constraints, and given I had to travel to China for a training in education, the school holidays were cut short. This is the last detail I did in 2013 and will be reserving the first week to work on my own car before school starts. actually, i completed this ride at 6 pm on the 31st.

The work on this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience