Perdana v6 engine hard to start after overheated.

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Well I made a previous thread here regarding on a better cooling system
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...g-system-for-engine-perdana-v6-manual-na.html

but today i had some other problems..
during engine start up it takes a bit longer to start sometimes and when it starts normally it should rev up to 1.5 or 2 if im not mistaken but now it doesnt, it does not rev but when the temperature is cold it slowly goes up to 1.5 so i believe nothing wrong with the thermal sensor.. but it just doesnt rev up.. i dont know whats the problem could it be the battery, spark plug, starter or something else.. any sifu here can give me some guidance? Trusted mechanics all still closed for CNY so got no hope for now.

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Now running with no themostat temporarily and the problem still got , could it be fuel pump or something bro

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Water pump last changed was around last year april, and it seems to be working fine. The 2nd time it broke down when the hose cabut, mechanic never tighten it properly i guess or something wrong with the new themostat.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Now running with no themostat temporarily and the problem still got , could it be fuel pump or something bro
i think it is due to idler servo gear inside throttle body melted....because tb got small water circulation pipe (for cold climate keeping the servo from freezing) but here it acted as double edge sword..melting it instead of keeping it from stuck...

check with your mechanic on that part :adore:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ready to finish the renovation of my air compressor, Craftman. Got a single phase input to 3ph output VFD for 152$... So far Im way under buying just a nice branded electric motor.. A single ph 1.5 from baldors or leesons is approx 400dollars. Have looked at Baldors, and found one that is more or less compatible https://www.mrosupply.com/ what do you think of this Baldor brand? or is Leeson better?
Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience