Do skirting really help down force the car

Ray

Known Member
Jan 26, 2004
skirting?
which part?
front one! off course!!! 100% got function!

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
9 out of 10 cars on the road with skirts are for show purposes

If you want to see real skirts that do wonders...must watch those cars on the races... and they are generally ugly.

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Short version. No, not unless your skirt actually touches the ground.

Long version. Google for Lotus and skirt and aerodynamic.

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
means...the lowest a possible...
where the pressure above the car is faster...n below the car slower...which make the slower pressure under the car sucks n make ur car sticks to the ground...similar to the picture laaa ?

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
nope. that's still not low enuff.. its just for styling.

AE80TypeD

1,500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Puchong
Visit site
im offering u a layman's explanation. its dumb and im sure it's incorrect in most ways, since its only based on my own noob intepretation and from watching a show on Discovery Channel; showing a number of F1 car features/modifications that were banned over the years.

some information was also taken from a website discussing the ideas in building a GT NSX. the discussion is in zth.com, but i have forgotten where it is. sorry for the laziness to quote properly.

if it provides u with some insight and understand the concept better, then all is good. if its wrong i apologize. i am very sure the others will help u correct me.

*note that u CAN make a custom kit that would try to simulate the desired downforce effect and use it on a street car, but the question will be how much $$$ u have to spend and how it will hold up against our bumpy roads. koyak liao if langgar uneven surface.

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
Last time in physics class..lecturer mentioned about some bodykit do provide stability function..aerodynamic. When fast air flow along the skirt..upper part of the skirt will hav higher pressure than lower part, hence will hold down the car. But wat how fast will it need?! F1 speed?hehe..go make a prototype n place in wind tunnel la..hehe..

goosfrabar

Known Member
Mar 20, 2005
Pee Jay
Visit site
of course man.... any form of bodykit sure got function wan.

the only thing is that, they will only come into function when it 200km/h and above.

eddie

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
some kit manufacturer like c-west have figures to show it does work. the most impresive by far are the GT-wings..... :p

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Previously, we had taken a glance into the ultra-rare and uber-cool automotive engineering that had together made TIMETOATTACK livelier. And now, it is time to shift our attention to the ones that originates from the Land of the Rising Sun, where some of them might look like a simple sedan or hatchback, but could also double up as a dangerous track weapon; the JDM machines...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience