DIY Oil Change and Flush

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
sorry i dont know.
but that one time at accessory spare parts shop got one unker intro to me to the ENEOS Semi synth Oil.. he said the oil makes ur car very very light and rev higher rpm. i dont know that means good or bad..

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
ENEOS oil good.
at least better than magnatec.

rockcity

Known Member
May 31, 2006
how you consider good bro? any technical info or experience? or you got eneos percent hehe

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
heard from some eneos user mentioning the oil is not bad comparing to other semi syn oil.

whitesouls

May 31, 2007
yes bro..how do you rate whether the oil is good or not.. I mean by comparing two brands...

Previously I used Stop OIL and for rm20 I can get only up to 120km..But now am using Elf Competition SM 10W40, I can get up to 75km for rm10..80KM if i dont rev and drive at 60KM/h:slug: laa...

My car is Honda Civic (1991) model and I'm using K&N Air filter with only the muffler modified :biggrin:..engine is d15b2 (carb)

Another thing, how frequent a person should change his spark plug?

DJgErM

4,000 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
SIC Turn 7 & 8
www.germ.cjb.net
spark plugs ah? i am not sure le...varies from car to car..but i change based on how it looked le...keke...soli ar..me noobie..

but i think for plug change is like around 60k right?

i'm using eneos 10-40 now...semi syn...so so nia la..normal..but at least the oil quality is maintained even sometimes i tarik until 7k mileage...overall..just so so nia la...but tthe eneo's price is at the mid-high range liao wo...rather use back 5-30 petronas oil for my stock 1.3 kenali..:biggrin:

BoxCarRacer

500 RPM
May 7, 2008
Johor Bahru
Question,

1. How many litre should we put in the flushing oil?

mine using campro 1.6 engine ...

2. Can we do flushing everytime we service our car ?

Thanks man.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Question,

1. How many litre should we put in the flushing oil?

mine using campro 1.6 engine ...

2. Can we do flushing everytime we service our car ?

Thanks man.

I'll be direct with your question. Here's my answer.

1) Shouldn't the flushing oil you bought comes with instruction on the bottle?

2) With today's engine oil formula and "cleaner" petrol, flushing oil is almost a thing of the past. I'll flush the engine as the last resort before opening up the engine due to major sludge built up or engine that is too old or engine "kong" too long ago...

Just my 0.2 cents worth. I might be wrong.

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
flusing the engine is to remove the old oil that still stuck in ur engine..
at least 25% is still inside ur head!

i did once b4 when change oil..open up the head cover..Bloody hell!! i was soo surprise with the amount of old oil inside it...

wipe with tissue/paper till clean..then pour the new oil inside....
but now to lazy to do it hehhee

remember something about engine oil....
not all oil is the same! the propperties inside the engine oil is a trade secret to the company.so it is hard to justify the oil change according to ur old belief anymore heheh...My engine oil at 20000km old might have a better protection than your 4000km old engine oil!

hehehe something to ponder eh?

lukeraj

Known Member
Oct 6, 2008
www.fuelstick.com.my
Hi we are giving away 1000 free samples of Fuelstick fuelsaver for your registered members.
Fuelstick saves fuel .clean.improve power and decarbonize your engine
The samples can be collected at the following address and its available only for Klang Valley customers your members are welcome to test and and comment in the public forum of their finding for others to know before they buy

Agents are welcome

Best seller in Malaysia
Best seller in lelong.com.my
Best review by autoworld members

Call or email me before you collect the samples.

Markora Entp
No 16 Jln 3/109c,Jln Desa,TmnAbadi Indah,
Jln Klang Lama
Tel:0379802974
Cell:0122005040
Email:[email protected]
www.fuelstick.com.my

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
I'll be direct with your question. Here's my answer.

1) Shouldn't the flushing oil you bought comes with instruction on the bottle?

2) With today's engine oil formula and "cleaner" petrol, flushing oil is almost a thing of the past. I'll flush the engine as the last resort before opening up the engine due to major sludge built up or engine that is too old or engine "kong" too long ago...

Just my 0.2 cents worth. I might be wrong.

1) haha... yup ken yeang is correct, actually all instructions is written on the bottle. flushing oil have many types. concentrated type normally is in small can. but normal one is in 4L bottle like the photo in the 1st page.

2) I beg to differ. flushing oil is not a thing of the past. the cleaner petrol only will clean at combustion chamber area. but below the piston, is a whole different story. thats y i show u this photo.. (after drained the old oil, the oil remained inside clinging to the wall of engines and crevices still very dirty.. only with flush, u can get it cleaned).

jon3171

Known Member
Aug 3, 2005
Malaysia
can the shell flushing oil be used to flush a manual gearbox as well? if so...is the flushing process the same as for the engine?

whitesouls

May 31, 2007
anybody knows where to buy good quality oil filters like Bosch brand and not the cap ayam & itik in KL area? :hmmmm:

thanks in advance..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Following two global recalls on certain Toyota and Lexus models, UMW Toyota Motor Sdn Bhd (UMWT), the authorised importer and distributor of Toyota and Lexus models in Malaysia will carry out Sepcial Service Campaign (SSC).

The First recall: To fix the possible crack in welded areas for curtain shield airbag inflators. If the inflator separates, it could cause an injury to the present...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience