DIY Oil Change and Flush

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
try goto bigger shell station. not all shell station has it.
i also searching for a few shell and finally i end up with a bigger shell that has more than 15 pumps and the business si beh good. this shell got sell a few bottles of flushing oil.

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
Been using the shell flush since I got my car 3 years ago. Its been working great :top:

I usually do it every 3 oil changes. My oil change interval is once every 15,000kms, as i'm using either Mobil 1 5W-50 or Castrol Edge 5W-40. (still prefer Mobil 1, engine revs easier :driver: ). Of course, oil filter change every 5k. :biggrin:

Really, i think its one of the best engine flushes - the other method is to drain the old oil, pour in a bottle of engine oil, drive and rev for 30 minutes, then drain again. Then pour in your preferred oil. ( expensive lor... :frown: )

CarroTT

Known Member
Nov 9, 2006
can anione teach me how to change oil on a viva ? :burnout:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
Been using the shell flush since I got my car 3 years ago. Its been working great :top:

I usually do it every 3 oil changes. My oil change interval is once every 15,000kms, as i'm using either Mobil 1 5W-50 or Castrol Edge 5W-40. (still prefer Mobil 1, engine revs easier :driver: ). Of course, oil filter change every 5k. :biggrin:

Really, i think its one of the best engine flushes - the other method is to drain the old oil, pour in a bottle of engine oil, drive and rev for 30 minutes, then drain again. Then pour in your preferred oil. ( expensive lor... :frown: )
how much u bought for the Mobil 1 5-50 and how much is the castrol edge 5-40? and wat engine u are running? are u driving a mivec?
i havent try fully syn oil in my engine. plan to try it out. all the time i was using semi syn which cost me rm80-90.

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
can anione teach me how to change oil on a viva ? :burnout:
i teach u.

release the oil nut.
let all oil drip out.
replace oil filter
then pour in new oil.

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
i teach u.

release the oil nut.
let all oil drip out.
replace oil filter
then pour in new oil.
:rofl: kakaka....
missed out one thing.....

release the oil nut.
let all oil drip out.
replace oil filter
screw back the oil nut (if not, pouring untill when also cannot full):biggrin:
then pour in new oil

:rofl: :rofl:

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
Northiswara,

I bought the synthetics during promotion, so they were easily RM50-60 cheaper than usual. Bought a few bottles, Mobil 1 ard RM140/ 4L bottle and Castrol Edge ard RM145/ 4L bottle.

Used to use Motul semi-synthetics, RM135 per bottle, last only 5000 kms, already feels heavy, so changed to thinner fully synthetics.... damn syok wei...

Now the Mobil 1 in the car already 12k kms, still feels like new.....

Semi for 15k kms = (RM135 + RM10) x 3 = RM435 burned :vollkommenauf:

Fully for 15k kms = RM145 + (RM10 x 3) = RM175 only. :driver:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
:rofl: kakaka....
missed out one thing.....

release the oil nut.
let all oil drip out.
replace oil filter
then pour in new oil

:rofl: :rofl:
thanks bro. but now i got new recipe.

oil flushing steps :

release the oil nut.
let all oil drip out.
replace oil filter
then pour in new oil

oil changing steps:

release the oil nut.
let all oil drip out.
replace oil filter
then pour in new oil

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
Northiswara,

I bought the synthetics during promotion, so they were easily RM50-60 cheaper than usual. Bought a few bottles, Mobil 1 ard RM140/ 4L bottle and Castrol Edge ard RM145/ 4L bottle.

Used to use Motul semi-synthetics, RM135 per bottle, last only 5000 kms, already feels heavy, so changed to thinner fully synthetics.... damn syok wei...

Now the Mobil 1 in the car already 12k kms, still feels like new.....

Semi for 15k kms = (RM135 + RM10) x 3 = RM435 burned :vollkommenauf:

Fully for 15k kms = RM145 + (RM10 x 3) = RM175 only. :driver:
the mobil that u bought must be from carrefour larr. this mobil looks a bit different from the mobil that i saw at car accessories shop. these promotion mobil seems like replica oil larr. cozs they use stick to stick the mobil brand on the bottle and the bottle quality looks cheap. end up i dont dare to buy it.

u use wat engine bro? i also from penang.

to me:

semi for 10k kms= (rm 89 + rm12) x 2 = rmrm202
fully for 10k kms= rm145 + rm12= rm 157.
hmm................... not bad. hehe...........

comparing mobil1 fully and castrol edge fully which one better?

DLegend

Official Contributor
Feb 16, 2004
Penang
jayjaynyc.blogspot.com
yeah, the Mobil 1 is from Carrefour. As far as I know, they have this 5W-50 Rally Formula oil in Sweden and Australia. :ridinghorse:

i'm running a 4G18 only, just want the best for my car :burnout:

Comparing Mobil 1 and Castrol Edge ? Actually during daily driving, no difference at all. But Mobil 1 produces less sludge when draining out and flushing. Dunno why... :hmmmm: Maybe just coincidence.

Remember to flush your engine properly before switching to fully synthetic ar....

BUT... to tell u the truth, if I can afford, i'll go for Motul 300V anyday....

Last edited:

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
yeah, the Mobil 1 is from Carrefour. As far as I know, they have this 5W-50 Rally Formula oil in Sweden and Australia. :ridinghorse:

i'm running a 4G18 only, just want the best for my car :burnout:

Comparing Mobil 1 and Castrol Edge ? Actually during daily driving, no difference at all. But Mobil 1 produces less sludge when draining out and flushing. Dunno why... :hmmmm: Maybe just coincidence.

Remember to flush your engine properly before switching to fully synthetic ar....

BUT... to tell u the truth, if I can afford, i'll go for Motul 300V anyday....
i just flush mine when switching from magnatec to caltex semi syn. my caltex semi syn still running in the engine. maybe will change to castrol edge.

GT'd

Known Member
Jun 7, 2006
how much actually castrol edge oil?now using magnatec, thinking want to change to fully syn.....

Northiswara

2,000 RPM
Dec 21, 2005
edge rm145.
magnatec rm80++

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
i oso just switch to Castrol Magnatec.
same same only with previously Petronas Semi Synth.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi.. I'm new here. Could you guys tell me if I might come across any side effect of switching transmission from an Auto Putra to a Manual one?

And also, usually it costs about how much? Thanks to all the sifu out there.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience