DIY daytime driving lights

votech

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.votechperformance.com.my
xcmeo said:
votech, expensive but not until rm500 la... Piaa really sotong us...
hehehe...definately no need Rm500...i think around 20 to 25% of the price they charge you can DIY a very good one already with alot of LEDs.

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
"light them up using squarewaves so very low power consumption and longer LED lifespan compared to continous on"

what is squarewaves??

votech

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.votechperformance.com.my
Pulses of On and Off at certain frequency. If you have a scope, it looks like Squares or rectangles depending on the on/off time. Anyway, it is use for blinking the LEDs at high speed however this blinking will not be noticeable by the eye. Alot of LED torch light use this concept to save power.

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
the BMW 7 series rear LED lights uses squarewaves....right?

no wonder if you look at the lights from the corner of your eyes, the LED appears to be blinking.

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
LEDs

xcmeo said:
simefly, add more bright white LEDs la.. A pair too insignificant to be seen. I hv 5 at each side, still too small, plan to hv 10 each side.. Yes, these LEDs ain't cheap, so remember to put resistors to prolong its life, and also your battery.

LEDs can't really illuminate as well as normal bulbs but the direct beams from the front of the LED can be very visible from a distance. That is what a daylight driving light is for, to let ppl notice you are 'there'; during the day (well, maybe not during noon when the sun is so damn bright) but not to replace existing car lights.

votech, expensive but not until rm500 la... Piaa really sotong us...
5?!?!? :eek: hehehee whoa, that is alot of LEDs man... ok ok i will try la.. been very busy and seldom online nowadays... sigh... I miss DIY, have not been doing it for weeks now.:p

headshot

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
Noob question: Where can I get some infor on "sqarewaves" rectangular waves... these kind of thing?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,

i decide to Mod E3 bumper on my wira..
but do it Agains..JPJ Laws?
when kena road block by JPJ/polis..

will they stop u?
any hv exp on this?

need Feedback~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience