DIY daytime driving lights

nuggyn

Known Member
Feb 12, 2004
fuankee....cool!

come, let's meet up...i wanna learn how to make that. can??

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
nuggyn said:
fuankee....cool!

come, let's meet up...i wanna learn how to make that. can??
get PIAA Deno 1 LED lamp la...RM500 only ...nice somemore..im using it now..

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
sabelt said:
get PIAA Deno 1 LED lamp la...RM500 only ...nice somemore..im using it now..
is the number that i saw is correct :eek:? rm500 ka???:eek: or rm50???:confused: if rm500 better add up some more and buy hid kit:rolleyes:...

fuankee

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
2nd, grind lines according to the markings,
dun cut too deep, later the whole thing patah..
cut bout half the diameter can edi..
purpose of doing this is to make the lights travelling inside the rod visible

fuankee

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
3rd, tape a LED at the end of the rod, connect a 220ohm resistor to the positive terminal of the LED (the longer leg).. the connect it to the battery.. done!
add a switch if u wan to..

if u wanna make it on together with yor headlight.. well, that 1 u hafta ask the sifu-sifu here edi.. that 1 i cant help.. hehe

Last edited:

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
use 220ohm resistor?? i normally use 1K for LEDs... depending on colour lar.. i think using 680ohm still ok... but 220 kinda low.. ur LED may not last long..

fuankee

Known Member
Sep 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
true.. i would say it depends on the quality of yor LED and the brightness u want.. cuz lower resistant, brighter it'll be..
i choose to use 220 cuz i scare if i use higher resistor, it may not be bright enuf to light up the whole rod..
but true la, low power resistant might shorten the life of yor LED, so get a good 1..

its a good thing to try higher resistors though.. do post comment and pic after any1 has done that

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
xcmeo: well, my buzzer got disengaged long long time ago... might want to do it this weekend... sounds interesting... THANKS

xcmeo

Mar 1, 2005
simefly, how is ur diy project?

Since you guys on this perspec project, check out this site on how to make angel eyes... or any other shapes you fancy.
http://aboutaccords.netfirms.com/tech/diyae.htm

The led light reflected on a perspec rod would not be bright enough as a daylight driving lamp but looks cool at night.

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
not very nice. LED not that bright in the daytime. Can't actually see it unless if i got into dark areas like underground carpark... hehehe So i scrap this project and looking for alternatives la... but the battery is a very good idea tho... no headache just direct bolt on in my car cabin hehehehe.

Materials used was two 5ft wire, one pair of LED and a 9v batt connector hehehe Wanted to see how it looked like.

Too bad i dont have a camera if not i can share with you all

votech

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.votechperformance.com.my
LED can be very bright and visible in day light...just for example, the LED used in traffic lights. Well, they key is to use good ultra bright one and light them up using squarewaves so very low power consumption and longer LED lifespan compared to continous on. But good LED aren't cheap and cost a few RM a piece, and that's y those driving lights are expensive.

xcmeo

Mar 1, 2005
simefly, add more bright white LEDs la.. A pair too insignificant to be seen. I hv 5 at each side, still too small, plan to hv 10 each side.. Yes, these LEDs ain't cheap, so remember to put resistors to prolong its life, and also your battery.

LEDs can't really illuminate as well as normal bulbs but the direct beams from the front of the LED can be very visible from a distance. That is what a daylight driving light is for, to let ppl notice you are 'there'; during the day (well, maybe not during noon when the sun is so damn bright) but not to replace existing car lights.

votech, expensive but not until rm500 la... Piaa really sotong us...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

heyd top of my car boot is rustin away.currently got 3 patches..so how do i stop it frm rustin more?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience