DIY - Cooler AirCon for FREE

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Good article but to layman like use still understand slightly only.....:biggrin:
Haha..very simple. The enthalpy is energy (which is the x-axis in the graph). So if heat goes into the refrigerant in the evaporator, enthalpy is increased. We call it superheat. At condenser side we call it sub cooling (reject heat).

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
so that means, insulate the line going to compressor is better coz reducing the risk of overheating the compressor for better performance, so the best way to improve performance of our AC is to insulate all so it runs under its circulation temp with lesser interference from outer temp. correct me if i am wrong sifuses

wifey lenovo wit tapatalk

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
so that means, insulate the line going to compressor is better coz reducing the risk of overheating the compressor for better performance, so the best way to improve performance of our AC is to insulate all so it runs under its circulation temp with lesser interference from outer temp. correct me if i am wrong sifuses

wifey lenovo wit tapatalk
You hit the spot! But insulating cold side has more effect than insulating the hot side

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You hit the spot! But insulating cold side has more effect than insulating the hot side
Like Vr2turbo told me yesterday. If the hot pipe is hot enough best to leave it. Unless is not hot enough the insulaflex will help. Cuz if it is very hot, if insulate, the temp would be trap inside and containing the heat inside and the heat cant disperse easily if were to compared with hot pipe unwrap right?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Like Vr2turbo told me yesterday. If the hot pipe is hot enough best to leave it. Unless is not hot enough the insulaflex will help. Cuz if it is very hot, if insulate, the temp would be trap inside and containing the heat inside and the heat cant disperse easily if were to compared with hot pipe unwrap right?
fark.. so do I wrap everything or not?
Wrap the suction line first.. Then if got extra, wrap the suction line of your other cars. If after that you still have extra then only wrap the hot line. No harm wrapping the hot line, just that it is not as good as wrapping the cold line.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wrap the suction line first.. Then if got extra, wrap the suction line of your other cars. If after that you still have extra then only wrap the hot line. No harm wrapping the hot line, just that it is not as good as wrapping the cold line.
But after wrapping and not enough you know who to look for......hahahhahahahhaha:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But after wrapping and not enough you know who to look for......hahahhahahahhaha:rofl:
Mine 1 piece enough for 1 Kelisa and Kancil :biggrin:

Anyway, sharing my part. Mind the poor quality of photos...Cartel phones is not much to offer.

This was easier to be done, compared to my mousedeer which the cold pipeline is just too close to the chassis wall. Struggled longer than having it installed in my kelisa. Photos are kelisa.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Sorceryyyy~ wahaha

Some cars are very difficult to install this, like FD. The suction line is deep inside near to the firewall

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Sorceryyyy~ wahaha

Some cars are very difficult to install this, like FD. The suction line is deep inside near to the firewall
Ya sorcery, mira slightly more responsive after that :rofl:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sorceryyyy~ wahaha

VR and Hyundai same, behind engine close to firewall. Hyundai may have some room but VR really tight space....But suction pipe very short only. Out firewall and reach compressor already as it is located near firewall....

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
I just add another fan for cooling system. Got 3 fan under hood now. working good so far. cooler a/c and engine temp.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I just add another fan for cooling system. Got 3 fan under hood now. working good so far. cooler a/c and engine temp.
same as mine... :biggrin: :driver:

2 main fan running for radiator...

another one in front of a/c condenser coil.....

if a/c not on...during rising radiator temp, only 2 fan will be running.....

if a/c compressor kick in, all 3 fan will be running.....so now even in hot sunny day stuck in traffic jam also no worries a/c not cool enough :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I'm in such a dilemma. Been checking on all past posts and trying to merge everything for me to make the wisest decision to lower my car.

Btw, im driving a stock standard Wira 1.5 with 15inch rims (50 series tyres), promote bumpers without diffuser.

I'm more into the look than the performance of a car to be frank.

What would be the wisest decision?

Perhaps just lowered the car to 2-2.5 finger by using APM sport springs? Or using adjustables? Or changing to a bigger rim ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience