CRX F20B + B series Rebuild "who care when it's will OTR"

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Virqai, is this car road legal? I'm sorry if I missed it if you have mentioned it.
Sory sir,i cannot specific with u question sir...in kad its say,Name-:itsme:,..Model-CRX..No Chs-EF8 1******(same)...and 2 x i asking puspakom guys check,even no need to open that black windscreen cover but i help to open its..... and want him to help me for inspec clearly this car...
Eng No-B16A 5******(same)...other-same
Y.O.M-1990...,Y.O.R- 27/**1990, Kenderaan Import Baru,...Insurance and R.tax my name and valid till Ogos 2012....
??????? legal or not this car....:deal:
all number at this car are not photoshop or else, modification,turbo or superchager with big..big intercooler now they says its just Acc../ after market intake or header-Acc/Sport Rim-Acc/ pipeing exs-Acc/ Sun Roof-Acc /.....lots more to says..

But if u see them in big job OPS...its mean u are very lucky guys sir, when they ask u to open the Hood and see what engine stuffs u have..??? "is this OEM"...Then they will say ITS MODIFICATION !!!!
that time is that u car legal or ilegal OTR sir?:biggrin:

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Haha. Let me rephrase. Will you be using this car for races only or use it as your daily car?

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Haha. Let me rephrase. Will you be using this car for races only or use it as your daily car?
Ohhh,i see....OTR use sir,this car will be belong to my wife,since i still have tersadai 2d Eg and crx ballade,Q to rebuild for my own ride sir..that way i sell h22a and put F20b...and sure my wife not race its sir...:boxing:

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
getting my acc compressor today,Daihatsu Hc,clean up its...one off simple and easy to find,many model use same like this...pressure at high side 3.53MPa and low side 1.6MPa.not much different than honda denso...but small pulley and no ceramic at clucth...oso light weight... reduce 2.5kg somemore...little2 baru bleh jadi bukit...:listen:

Here Tein absorber i want to use,long time at my store...need to polish...give chance to Rex to use its laa...dont know what type tein is this...why must custom??:confused: its for EG/EF..so lighten,without spring..its only 1.8kg...my EG HKS w.out spring 3.5Kg...

And here change for new setup front disk brake...last time use twin port from toyota...need some fancy looking then plan to go for 4pot Nissan.aluminium body....but i still want to maintain disk diameter to 275mm,same like Toyota and Vr4 Rs...CRX caliper screw hole to hole is 150mm,Toyota twin port 141mm,Vr4 Rs 138mm and nissan 110mm.....
Lucky la..Japan spell its with 2 "S" ...if its 'NISAN' dont know laaaa:biggrin:

this is 2 type,red is from rb20 h.cut,silver from rb25 h.cut (dont know what body code)..i can simply polish the rb 25..and i like when the crome turn to yellowish..(i need to try to turn its to bluewish,if S.steel i know how,aluminium i not try yet)...and that red one i can paint it with any colour...dont know which want to use yet..just prepair both.

Toyota disk C.H hole is 54.5mm../Vr4 Rs 68.5mm../Nissan 66mm

Toyota twin port calliper weight is 4.6kg.../VR4 twin port 5.2kg.../ BB? h22a 5.2kg.all without Pad..pad mybe + around 700 gram i think...accept this 2 Nissan with Pad...

Just for preview and compare..Pad

here the way how i measure off set disk..CRX 40mm../ DC? or EG 43mm../ Toyota 2pot 41mm../Vr4Rs 42mm
Nissan 41mm..

P/s-Diameter for inside disk to Hup (or Hup out side diameter) for CRX 139mm../ Vr4Rs 143mm../
Toyota 2pot 130mm (need to machine my crx hub to fit this disk and lose some weight lor)

Last weekend job paint CRX Rim...Ok or kO? this rim is when i get this Rex,its only Taiwan made but i like the petern..who know what ori rim that taiwan copy for?

Playing with balance2 colour left,mixing colour then spry its to under stering rack cover..this its looks..

I still have this old Mugen for standby and need some touch up..have a time try to paint that colour..

Last edited:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Nice2.. keep updating bro. I enjoy reading your rebuild thread :top:. By the way, do you know which lightweight aircond compressor I can use for my civic SO4?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
nice bro....

i wanna wait for ur brake upgrade... siap pasang etc... coz i oso had plans to use nissan 4pot with 282mm H22A rotor...but dunno can fit under 15" or not...

why u dun wanna use 282mm rotor?

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Nice2.. keep updating bro. I enjoy reading your rebuild thread :top:. By the way, do you know which lightweight aircond compressor I can use for my civic SO4?
Thanks bos...yeah hope everybody will enjoy and share...and i also hope i can keep posting any update
here till my wife Rex can OTR,since i know my bad altitude is always not in consistent mode...:musicus:
for your car,what engine u run now sir...if B series i oso use this comp...but its not simple swap sir. For EG or EK...need to custom and fabricate bracket (always i use aluminium braket from CRV block) coz there have mounting stebelizer to...pipe work etc....and other thing to match...but what for ur want its lightweight sir..ur car 4 door right.? the only reason..i much care about front weight is to balance its at back..:burnout:
if ur problem is cooling...i always upgred acc condensor to big one and put nicely inside nose frame..and change inside cooling coil use wira...u know la wira acc like ice box for me...
waaah... need to go kedai mamak now for teh tarik....maDmaN i see u latter..multiquote oledy but cannot tahan laa...:smokin:
nice bro....

i wanna wait for ur brake upgrade... siap pasang etc... coz i oso had plans to use nissan 4pot with 282mm H22A rotor...but dunno can fit under 15" or not...

---------- Post added at 04:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

nice bro....

T.q...better i settle this brake upgrade first la...pipe line etc....still much lazy to touch the engine..just new make a template for eliminate balancer sub,belt cover and for some other stuff to fabricate... mounting just ok la already accept front..wiring start a bit jeer..then stop

Can see the colour turn to "Dust Effect" haa..haa..haa..:rofl:

Ok sory..back to the brake story....yeah its good brakeing oso looking if use this 4pot..hemm ..282mm rotor maybe can fit to 15" but try to use more off set disk and need to make custom breket for caliper la kot.. Not sure need to try first..if can,the inside rim clearance must be "seekor semut"....
BTW what master pump and body valve u plan to use? can i know?....Nissan servo and master pump can simpley fit to Ef,Eg,Ek...i also will fit its under 15" rim...But for me 275mm disk enough use already,like wira evo set brake...last time i test brake for wira vtec with front evo set,rear oem disk(croos drill) oso good absober, at puspakom its can reach RIGHT-89 / LEFT 87 / Rear RIGHT 78 and Left 76...enough for me but dont know on your side..

If EF,EG,EK i like to change the body valve to Mits..coz our car brake its will feel.... like,like,like semi ABS..BIPP...bippp...BIPP...Tahannn...Lepas...Tahannn (mybe its just my feel,sorry if i'm wrong ok,,lets me call Bomba first before u fire me..ha..ha..ha.. how to gelak in English haa?can't find in this kamus)

I set this divider to High pressure for front and Low for rear...even with oem brake set its will give much diff brake respond...this pics i take from my sadai EG

Last edited:

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
maDmaN, i try random fit this 285mm disk to my rim...that grey one off set 40 and mugen hentian rehat is 38....all two can but mugen need specer...i think can la...but just try gitu2 jer..can't take a pics coz i need to hold the disk with nissan caliper and hub somemore...but like a say grey rim clearance just 3ekor semut..but mugen lot more...i think h22a disk cannot la...unless need to custom Hub and specer for move your disk more inside..if just specer only i afraid its not in line with rear rim..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i have no idea wat pump etc im using... i only know im using BB1 caliper and rotor...

i have a friend whos using BB1 rotor with nissan 4pot...but not sure the 4pot from which car... could be silvia as theirs are smaller.

sitting under replica 15" type c

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i have no idea wat pump etc im using... i only know im using BB1 caliper and rotor...

i have a friend whos using BB1 rotor with nissan 4pot...but not sure the 4pot from which car... could be silvia as theirs are smaller.

sitting under replica 15" type c
is this rim that u said...if yes...its should be can la..this car oso use 282 5 lug but 2pot caliper only..and still need to use specer...if your friend 4pot caliper more small and the material not aluminium,yes its might be from silvia model

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
yeah that rim...but i wonder if the r32 or r33 caliper with bb1 rotor can fit under that rim (or any other riim) or not..

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah that rim...but i wonder if the r32 or r33 caliper with bb1 rotor can fit under that rim (or any other riim) or not..
sorry maDman that i'm not sure...i keep thinking why not i try..285mm with r32 calliper to rex, since i already have all that...even this car for sure the driver will not go for laju-laju...:rofl:

some update for Rex,minor thing only...after machine inside main pulley...hope this clearance i will get..
this the advantage if doing without kits...i'm really don't want to bang the chassis...

Will make its same like B-series...inside and out side belt washer...that mean i need to custom timing belt cover..:bawling:

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Long time no updated here...today really hot day and feel so tied..so decide to make something light work.. acc stuff for REX

Fabricate Oil Catch Tank

And this to....

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
love the oil catch tank....especially that radiator cap thing...hahahah

but i think for the air filter a Velocity Stack would yield better results in terms of air flow...dyno proven

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,

I drive a year 2001 SGTi with mmc ecu.Mods that I've done are:

1.HKS air filter
2.Powerzone Hi cams & extractor
3.Rebored TB
4.Adjustable cam pulley
5.Volker Iridium spark plug
6.Matspeed J5 management(not yet install)

However...with the current set up my engine is knocking at certain RPM.I went for dyno but the dyno guy was affraid to push the throtle to maximume due to engine knocking.Thats mean I didn't get the complete figure on the dyno charts.My questions are:

1.What...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience