Honda CRX EF7/8 Question...please help!

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
Hi dear forumers,i am a newbie here, nice to be here... i have a great interest towards honda cars as they build really amazing cars and i do hope to join the honda club one day.
Anyway i have a particular interest on Honda CRX, decided to find out some more info, i hope the bros here can help me out.

Q1. Whats the difference between CRX EF7 and EF8? ie: engine specs/year etc..
Q2. How do we tell the difference? (Physically/internally)
Q3. Whats the price difference of this 2 model?

i hope some gurus here can enlighten me, btw please only post in english. Thx!

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

hmm...seems like to honda experts want to help out?? =/

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
Si CRX
DOHC D16A8 1.6L Si Non-Vtec Engine
Items to Note:
"Cam-Gear Lump" on passenger side middle of the bonnet
2Seater, Rear is Storage Compartment, Speedo will read upto 240km/h

JDM Si CRX
DOHC ZC 1.6L Si Non-Vtec
Items to Note:
"Cam-Gear Lump" on passenger side middle of the bonnet *note: some Limited Editions come with SiR bonnet & headlights etc.*
4Seater(rear seats may be removed), Speedo will read upto 180km/h

JDM SiR CRX
DOHC B16A 1.6L Vtec
Items to Note:
Raised centre bonnet, Longer headlights, Wraped Indicator lights in front bumper, VTEC embossed on engine rocker cover, Speedo again reads upto 180km/h

JDM CRX
SOHC 1.5L Carby Non-Vtec
Items to Note:
With this model there are variations, some will have the Si bonnet and headlights, and some *Limited Edition* the SiR bonnet & headlights etc.
again speedo will read upto 180km/h
Engine will have a DUAL-CARB system

hope dis can help....or u can visit malaysia crx owner forum @ teamcrx.tk

chassis of ef8 more rigidity than ef7...n de price for ef7 i think is around 15k-25k....ef8 is 2xk-3xk...depend on the condition...... fyi:ef8 is very limited @ ourland......

Last edited:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
thanks alot khoo198 for the reply...i think now i have a better understanding of what is the difference between the 2 in terms of specs. btw are you a crx owner?

ps: you mean the crx owners in malaysia don't post here and post at the website you provided?

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
thanks alot khoo198 for the reply...i think now i have a better understanding of what is the difference between the 2 in terms of specs. btw are you a crx owner?

ps: you mean the crx owners in malaysia don't post here and post at the website you provided?
my ex-car......u can get more info frm there coz tht forum only discuss about crx....

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
haha...im kind of new to this site and its function but yea i saw wats in ur profile...nice car you have there...

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
wow...the crx seems much higher than the market rate of 25-30k for the ef8...

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
"Market Price" doesn't really applies in old but 'cult status' like CRX EF8 with lots of enthusiasts....it was collector item+buyer willing to buy......seller willing to sell.........try to nego with them if u r really serious buyer......good luck bro......:driver:

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
oh ic...haha thanks alot of the information...as for me buying, its not the time yet...but hopefully in the near future...hehe :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hohuum...............Gen2 with a butt. Nothing to be aawed about. Persona to save proton? hahahhahaahaha............side bets anyone?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience