Honda CRX

mrtuner

Known Member
Mar 11, 2012
Penang
Hi all,
I'm looking into the Honda CRX and wondering if there are any ones with automatic transmission around. Don't know if I'm missing something or what but I just keep seeing manuals for sale.
Is an auto one really that hard to find?
Thx in advance.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hi all,
I'm looking into the Honda CRX and wondering if there are any ones with automatic transmission around. Don't know if I'm missing something or what but I just keep seeing manuals for sale.
Is an auto one really that hard to find?
Thx in advance.
You know why bro? Because the whole point of crz is to deliver manual fun. Having auto defeats that purpose man...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
veloc....he talking CRX...not CRZ :P

anyway....during the EF CRX days most cars were fitted with manual to complement their "performance" engines such as the B16A and the ZC.

auto is very rare...n most likely will be with the 1.5 SOHC carb engines...which, for the CRX is also very rare. especially since most would have thrown that ngine out and swapped in a B16

u want auto...ull have to do the conversion urself...

but honestly... with a CRX.. why bother with auto?

mrtuner

Known Member
Mar 11, 2012
Penang
Thx for the replies, guys. :D
Yeah, i know that u're supposed to enjoy the crx with a manual.
But I'm planning to use it as a daily driver and u know, penang always jam.
So... it is possible to convert a manual to an auto?
Or do u guys know of any auto for sale?

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor

anyway....during the EF CRX days most cars were fitted with manual to complement their "performance" engines such as the B16A and the ZC.

auto is very rare...n most likely will be with the 1.5 SOHC carb engines...which, for the CRX is also very rare. especially since most would have thrown that ngine out and swapped in a B16

Totally agree!!!:rock:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

Haha... I know... The legendary fun car...

Thx for the replies, guys. :D
Yeah, i know that u're supposed to enjoy the crx with a manual.
But I'm planning to use it as a daily driver and u know, penang always jam.
So... it is possible to convert a manual to an auto?
Or do u guys know of any auto for sale?
Not sure... But usually you can swap an auto gearbox from the same "family" of engines. Not expert on honda though... You should ask in honda forum..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Wait for the Auto Transmission Honda CR-Z instead :top:
Daily drive, hybrid can save more fuel :biggrin:

mrtuner

Known Member
Mar 11, 2012
Penang
Haha... I know... The legendary fun car...

Not sure... But usually you can swap an auto gearbox from the same "family" of engines. Not expert on honda though... You should ask in honda forum..
This is honda forum right?
BTW from what i see in the web, it seems that from auto to manual is much easier than manual to auto. Is this true?
And also, can anyone tell me how to do this?

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Wait for the Auto Transmission Honda CR-Z instead :top:
Daily drive, hybrid can save more fuel :biggrin:
CR-Z out of budget, bro...

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
u need to talk to a mechanic on how to do it... a possible option would be to buy the car... sell watever engine it comes with.. and buy an auto halfcut and put it in. easiest way

OR

u can just get used to the manual in the jams and later on being able to FULLY appreciate and enjoy the car

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
this thread confuses me big time.....

its like, i wanna buy a r34, but its difficult to source of an auto tranny

!!!

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I used to drive a 1.6l manual car while working in Penang a few years back. My flat was in Bayan Baru and I was working in Georgetown. I think it's not that hard driving in Penang in peak hours. CRX is a very light car, and even with B16a under the hood, the clutch should be light enough in traffic jams. I fully agree with mADmAN, once you get used to driving manual, it's not a problem anymore. Instead, you'll be able to enjoy driving the car to the fullest.

Just my 2 cents... :biggrin:

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
I think you will find getting an auto gearbox for such a rare car difficult to do. On top of changing the gearbox, you'll need to source the flywheel, wiring and ECM for it. Much easier if you get another car for daily travel in Penang traffic like Wira.

mrtuner

Known Member
Mar 11, 2012
Penang
Noted, guys.
Thx for all the inputs. I'll definitely reconsider buying a manual.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Driving a manual car in traffic is not really a problem. So far, I only heard people with super hard clutches complaining about it. If in stock form, should be no problem.

Besides, it's a CRX dude. I think you know how it feels when you see a car that looks good and fast and when you decide to have a closer look, only to find out its an AT car? I am not talking about those conti's but our very own Integra's and Prelude's. Don't make me feel the same when I see your CRX. Lol...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hii to all,,

Need help from all sifu...

looking wiring diagram for pivot acs-x a/f conditioner..it have 5 wires.red,black,white,orange n blue..and behind it got selector switch 3 step.cannot figure 2 connect to ecu..and one more wiring diagram for field sfc-multi.it also got 5 wires.2 black,red,orange,brown.need help from all sifu :adore:..tq.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience