Corolla SEG -(KL west till east side's club)-

eeheng

Known Member
Apr 10, 2007
20k is just for engine ... then u can feel the real differ...

hahahah

20k for whole car modification .. u can have comfortable drive and nice exterior and ok ok engine performance..

just my opinion..

need to c ur budget vs how addicted urself to power.. hahahahah
i think end of next year i will just call done of my project... Haha, hopefully...
But quite confused, i want a comfort ride but the other side i want performance. Engine that side will spend more, i willing to do so for 4A-GE BT... WTF man, help me from the poison...:stupid:

jim260184

1,000 RPM
Jul 19, 2005
Seremban
www.meshio.com
sure power wil cum out from those thing.. but how much u expected??
is depend on how u wana mod ur cam.. da higher of cam degree.. da power will cum out on higher rpm.. which mean u wil need do forge ur bottom part.. such as piston.. conrod.. bearing..
i think cam/pulley/ and spring will cost u 5k+- NOT include management (u will need 2 consider a piggyback or standalone), metal gasket and labor n top set...
and no need help from da poison.. u jz go inthere.. taste it.. n cum out poison other.. hehe.. tat da best way...

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

your car sounds like mine... mine bumper front and back different colour.. front bumper missing one spot light... hatch also different colour.. one rim from red faded into a pink colour... one fender kena gigit anjing... they all still friends with me... so you should be ok la... :biggrin:
ya... at least got a car man...

eeheng

Known Member
Apr 10, 2007
sure power wil cum out from those thing.. but how much u expected??
is depend on how u wana mod ur cam.. da higher of cam degree.. da power will cum out on higher rpm.. which mean u wil need do forge ur bottom part.. such as piston.. conrod.. bearing..
i think cam/pulley/ and spring will cost u 5k+- NOT include management (u will need 2 consider a piggyback or standalone), metal gasket and labor n top set...
and no need help from da poison.. u jz go inthere.. taste it.. n cum out poison other.. hehe.. tat da best way...

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

LOL, that one must experience one by one and see which one suit me the most.
My plan is 20k for a car, hopefully could get a SEG that already loaded with BT. The other 20k to modify. 40k to cure my cancer of poison.:smokin:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
your car sounds like mine... mine bumper front and back different colour.. front bumper missing one spot light... hatch also different colour.. one rim from red faded into a pink colour... one fender kena gigit anjing... they all still friends with me... so you should be ok la... :biggrin:
hakguai,
wah, pink new action, gotta see ma...

wmb3223,
u got seg also ka ?
u drive ur other monster come join la (let me kno if u joining, then i come to meet u also)
:rofl:

normally only rich ppl will say something like that ... :listen:

karhoe

From Facebook
Dec 2, 2009
Hi

I currently have one AE101, just bought from 2nd hand car shop, the aircond vent is all broken. I plan to

1) Change all 4 aircond vents
2) Change to sports RIM, Vios stock RIM would do
3) The safety belt is broken - where can I find the clip?

Cheers

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
firstly, pepet u danny and kitkat.. nia me r.. shoot kao me until like Burung Puyuh goreng agian r.. hahahha!!!

i knw where is cheras alam damai bt dnt knw wht time and the shop is heading..:dontknow:.. pls advice as i dnt kn Mr. Ah Kai............:wavey:, thnks...... bt seriously my SEG is very ugly one alredy is nvr paint and jst leave it like tht for the past 4yrs.... so later if u ppl laught at my poor car thn i feel sorrow for my car .......... and dont call security to lock my car wheel as if i double parking and block ur car by any one of u:secruity:
U need the map r? hahaha!!! I pm u the url la.hahaha!!! and Mike... u said he got other car ka? :D then u need to come also lor.. hahaha!!!! and btw, my name is NOT AH KAI!!! That is NICKNAME LA!! hahahahaha!!! IT'S KYLE!!!!! :D call me KYLE!!!!

Hmm... I read a tread here before, they said that 4 throttle wont give much power? I thought it would raise the torque...
Ya i know it is a never ending story once you transplant...:nurse:
But my mind still so itchy always think of it...:stupid:
220kmph.. :D hahahhaa... 280kmph with just 1600cc also can... thre is one person who can do this here.. with just stock... but u will lose the first pickup, but u will lead all the way once u hit 220kmph above.. hahhaa!!! but 200kmph... that is about drag le.. ^-^ corner 200kmph... i think my balls run ding dong everywhere ady...

Hi

I currently have one AE101, just bought from 2nd hand car shop, the aircond vent is all broken. I plan to

1) Change all 4 aircond vents
2) Change to sports RIM, Vios stock RIM would do
3) The safety belt is broken - where can I find the clip?

Cheers
bro, you need to find Ivan. :) but i think he just finished selling his airvents le... last time he got 1 box.. he is our JDM seller... ^-^

wmb3223

Known Member
Dec 20, 2008
Puchong
tht is nice match so powerfull:top:....:rofl::rofl::rofl: ........... mine sport rims kena gigit motor front bumper habis calar side rear seat wheel base kena fiber, driver door side kina tembak by fiber, all arnd the car pain faid like kena acid, the best thing is anytime will break down......... :driver: still can drive as my bro is staying vry near to tht BRJ hahahahaah :smokin:......... bt im shld b vry happy to knw u all there..... :beer:

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

hakguai,
wah, pink new action, gotta see ma...

wmb3223,
u got seg also ka ?
u drive ur other monster come join la (let me kno if u joining, then i come to meet u also)
:rofl:

normally only rich ppl will say something like that ... :listen:
yes i did have an SEG as is my 1st car whn at my 1st job last time........ i jst dont let i go away so may keep at mum as aunty car to the wet market....... hahahahaha, c u at this friday MIKE :wavey:

keithkeat

3,000 RPM
Jan 6, 2005
kapateS
just call ah kai oh ah kai.......hahaha
ma ah kai.......ur word back to normal liao.........i like the un-normal word when u're shit hitting fan time which is the tread u c8 early nov....if u cannot remember, let me remind u the gov project.....that time ur word really un-normal.......hahahaha :biggrin:

karhoe

From Facebook
Dec 2, 2009
Hi guys,

I just bought a second hand Toyota Corolla SEG AE101, the car seems to have a low mileage (140k), but the interior isn't in good condition. The aircond vent has all broken, but I managed to open the front panel and managed to improvised and repair the aircond vent :thumbs: (fixed it already, so I left 2 broken vents, will consider getting from Ivan)

While opening up the aircond vents, the plastic that holds the vents together are so brittle! I could easily snap them like crispy crackers. I used some teflon to hold the vents together, now I'm pretty sure they will last forever. No more koyak vents.

Then I noticed some light bulbs are not working, being the demister and hazard light buttons are not illuminated. I opened up and managed to find the bulb, it looks something like this

Sorry for the out of focus image, camera not with me

Comparison with 5cent coin

Then, the light bulb that illuminates the aircond control wasn't working either

The one at the bottom

So now my questions are

1) Where can I buy the bulb that illuminates the hazard light and demister button?

2) Where can I buy the bulb that illuminates the aircond control?

Apart from that, the dashboard light seems to be dull, yellow light, I am thinking of changing it to white LED, is that possible? How much would it cost?

This is how my dashboard looks like

Ignore the speed, it was photoshopped :P

I'm quite adventurous so I plan to dismantle the dashboard myself and fix the light LOL, any sifu here can advice? Where do I start removing the screws?

Thanks

Last edited:

wmb3223

Known Member
Dec 20, 2008
Puchong
Hi guys,

I just bought a second hand Toyota Corolla SEG AE101, the car seems to have a low mileage (140k), but the interior isn't in good condition. The aircond vent has all broken, but I managed to open the front panel and managed to improvised and repair the aircond vent :thumbs: (fixed it already, so I left 2 broken vents, will consider getting from Ivan)

While opening up the aircond vents, the plastic that holds the vents together are so brittle! I could easily snap them like crispy crackers. I used some teflon to hold the vents together, now I'm pretty sure they will last forever. No more koyak vents.

Then I noticed some light bulbs are not working, being the demister and hazard light buttons are not illuminated. I opened up and managed to find the bulb, it looks something like this

Sorry for the out of focus image, camera not with me

Comparison with 5cent coin

Then, the light bulb that illuminates the aircond control wasn't working either

The one at the bottom

So now my questions are

1) Where can I buy the bulb that illuminates the hazard light and demister button?

2) Where can I buy the bulb that illuminates the aircond control?

Apart from that, the dashboard light seems to be dull, yellow light, I am thinking of changing it to white LED, is that possible? How much would it cost?

This is how my dashboard looks like

Ignore the speed, it was photoshopped :P

I'm quite adventurous so I plan to dismantle the dashboard myself and fix the light LOL, any sifu here can advice? Where do I start removing the screws?

Thanks

try to ask frm the accesories shop they shld b abble to help u on ths, as i did mine Altis aircond ignition bulb last time, nt all shop will do it bt u may try out with electrical wire guy at workshop too so gd luck guys........

karhoe

From Facebook
Dec 2, 2009
I hate paying for their workmanship, but would consider doing that as a last resort. Any of you have successfully opened the dashboard?

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
dashboard or meter cluster ?

if meter cluster for local SEG...
unscrew 2 screw on top of the meter front cover...done that pull it out...
there's another 2 screw...unscrew it...
pull it out...unplug 3 wire connector...

wallaaa...your meter cluster is out...

about the bulp...i got spare meter...thus got a few spare bulbs...

karhoe

From Facebook
Dec 2, 2009
dashboard or meter cluster ?

if meter cluster for local SEG...
unscrew 2 screw on top of the meter front cover...done that pull it out...
there's another 2 screw...unscrew it...
pull it out...unplug 3 wire connector...

wallaaa...your meter cluster is out...

about the bulp...i got spare meter...thus got a few spare bulbs...
Err, should be meter cluster then.

Well, I just unscrewed that 2 screws on top of the front cover ! , then I see 4 more screws, 2 on top, 2 on bottom, I stopped there because I'm not changing the bulb now.

Btw, the stock meter uses bulb, can I just switch to LED like that? I also plan to change the cabin lamp into white LED

Cheers

Last edited:

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
opss...yup...sorry bout that...there are 2 more screw at the bottom... :D

nope...
tried to change it into LED...it will burn immediately...need to put some resistance, which will make it much more complicated !

just use the stock bulb...
if wanna change the color...perhaps you need to put a colored sticker at the back of the clusters...

karhoe

From Facebook
Dec 2, 2009
opss...yup...sorry bout that...there are 2 more screw at the bottom... :D

nope...
tried to change it into LED...it will burn immediately...need to put some resistance, which will make it much more complicated !

just use the stock bulb...
if wanna change the color...perhaps you need to put a colored sticker at the back of the clusters...
Yeap, just read about it here

Replace you cars instrument panel lights with LEDs.

That dude used a multimeter to test the voltage, then solder a transistor to the LED, maybe that is what I will do, but have to make sure the LED can fit into the holder.

If put colored sticker, then the brightness will reduce already, I want to put white LED, so it will be as bright as those on Civic/MyVi

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The reason I start this thread is I've notice for a while now since 2007. Most car that are stolen or break in are either those car that took part in Autoshow , appears in car magazine before or are well known around a certain area due to it's specialty like it's fast or got some goodies inside the car. I'm saying this by seeing the real things that happen and not guessing.

Autoshow can be a chance for the thieves to see what's in your car much more better and know every bit of things you...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience