Questions about Corolla SEG 1.6A EFi

I

ibnhazm76

Salam..

Just bought Corolla SEG 1.6A EFi 2 month ago. But being bit frustated with the perfomance. not so pickup. my previous car was Proton Saga 1.5M. is it normal for this kind of auto car?

My 2nd question to our lovely friend is what type/brand/anything when it comes for me to change/upgrade the rim. current rims are Toyota rims standard. My interest is 16". is it can be installed to the car (due to this is car is auto car).

Thanks. (Maybe my question little bit silly:banghead:)

TRD.AE92

Apr 10, 2009
Salam..

Just bought Corolla SEG 1.6A EFi 2 month ago. But being bit frustated with the perfomance. not so pickup. my previous car was Proton Saga 1.5M. is it normal for this kind of auto car?

My 2nd question to our lovely friend is what type/brand/anything when it comes for me to change/upgrade the rim. current rims are Toyota rims standard. My interest is 16". is it can be installed to the car (due to this is car is auto car).

16 inch rim can be install, but problem is it kill alot at acceleration.
Suggest to have a 14 or 15 inch rim + using open pod AF + lighten crank pulley + Nice muffler = should be much better

Jun 28, 2006
can get better performance if added some stuff....or mod up somethings.....rims ar...16 anything can fit in if offset is right..summo it depend on ur budget of rims...toyota better use toms lor

wfhan

ibnhazm76,
welcome to the toyota world. SEG 1.6 auto, what year was ur car, is it SEG ae101 or SEG ae111 ?
maybe the gearbox is showing signs of aging, perhaps cleaning of throttle body and/or decarbonizing could regain some/little performance. for further improvement of performance,
i'll let other sifu here guide u la.... :)

promoting tom's rim, eh ? got some tom's to let go ka ?? :rofl:

corolla613

Jun 11, 2007
Hi guys. I'm new here and driving 4afe also. But mine's a manual. Bro Trd.ae92, where to buy the lighten crank pulley? Can recommend any brand?

cruiser78

Jul 5, 2008
maybe his SEG is 101, because my friend's 111 can cucuk Camry 2.4 until cut off at 180, his breakaway acceleration is par with my 20V before VVT kicks in

Hi guys. I'm new here and driving 4afe also. But mine's a manual. Bro Trd.ae92, where to buy the lighten crank pulley? Can recommend any brand?
Go for turbo la, 4A-FE is low compression already. Lots of banana extractor for 4A-FE

I

ibnhazm76

Me using AE111 year 2001 (manufactured 2000). Toms ar? how much RM u know for 15"? This pic is my car. sangat sayang oo this car (although telan minyak alot!)

Bump: Any friend want to sell tom's rims arr?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jun 28, 2006
toms new action 15 " wif lips currently market hit RM 1.9k plus wif or no tire depends on cond...

lesliekhim

Aug 31, 2009
Pulau Pinang
hi ibnhazm76,

Your car will abit swaying or not when u high speed. i feel my car real absorber too soft.
1.)Is it normal? my fren ask to add hard rubber on the real spring.
2.)any1 know about it? any1 had been added it?

cruiser78

Jul 5, 2008
Me using AE111 year 2001 (manufactured 2000). Toms ar? how much RM u know for 15"? This pic is my car. sangat sayang oo this car (although telan minyak alot!)

Why telan minyak a lot? is it standard 4A-FE or already using other engine. coz AE111 is not a fuel guzzler.... (if compared with kelisa of course la the opposite happens)

KHWONG

Jun 29, 2006
that was ae111 last batch crystal light.. shud be very good in Fuel consupmtion..

4afe is very good FC engine
power not tat bad as i know..

shud be something happen ... pls send to mech hav a check..

engine clocking how many KM oledi ?

chnage to 16" rim will only made u more sufferin term of power and FC .. haahahahaha

15 shud be the best ... hahahhhah

nappx

Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
Salam..

bro...4afe - mean for ekonomi
rims...better used 15 inch...find lightweight rim...what brand..ask ur pocket

want performance...if got extra money..can play with 7A or swap engine to 4age

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

hi ibnhazm76,

Your car will abit swaying or not when u high speed. i feel my car real absorber too soft.
1.)Is it normal? my fren ask to add hard rubber on the real spring.
2.)any1 know about it? any1 had been added it?
hik...hik...if got budget go to aftermarket absorber...adjustable better..or find good combination for aftermarket spring & absorber....

guys recently my mom painted the house. during the process lots of paint dust have setteled on the car body and glass. wont seem to go off. i tried polishing the body and glass, using thinner on the glass. any shop can remove this?