Comments Needed On Corolla SEG

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Planning to get a corolla SEG. Let's say I get a unit as old as year 1992 or newer due to price factor and most likely auto transmission will be opt since it will belong to a lady driver, do you guys think this car will give out a lot of high cost maintenance and major repair problem?
I know common wear and tear is unavoidable since it is a used car.

This car will be used as a basic daily driven car only. Anyone has got any bad experience or good reviews to share for some preparation b4 getting this car?

Thank you very much...

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Dont think that lady driver means car condition is good, sometimes lady driver never change engine oil for very long time, radiator fluid also use until change colour etc

The gearbox is hard to die, unless you pass 300,000km you wont need to do anything to it except changing the fluid

If there is anything, its the suspension and the tie rod and drive shaft

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
well...based on my own personal experience...the only problem i face when i got my car (a 1995 1.6 ae 101) is a leaking power steering...changed the whole steering rack but still leaking...but that maybe just happen to my car...other than that...i never encounter any major problem or what so ever...

rubber stuff, bushing drive shaft boot wear and tear is normal...

in terms of engine...the standard 4afe its practically bomb proof...

gearbox also not bad...as long as you change the fluids on a regular intervals(mine's auto tranny sometime seems refuse to shift up even when i step hard on the accelerator...change the atf and the problem goes away)...

spare part are abundance...since people will convert to either BT or ST...so no worries there...

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
my SEG is year 92. 3rd hand somemore. only a few prob. mounting damper pecah (steering vibrates like hell), rear anti-roll bar bushes kong (mouse squeeking sound on uneven road surface), absorbers and a bit makan engine oil (no white smoke though). other than that nth else.

KHWONG

3,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2006
keep ur SEG as standard as u can.. then u will feel very good in driving oledi

Dun modded it.. original is the best match ....

hahah

3,000 RPM
Jun 28, 2006
keep ur SEG as standard as u can.. then u will feel very good in driving oledi

Dun modded it.. original is the best match ....

hahah

come into dis ZTH, u could remain original without mod.??...i oso cant resist....:bawling:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Maybe 5115 tai kor can give you some feedback geh...:biggrin:

I have a fren that own a SEG but modded la with 4AGE Blacktop engine. So far, not much of a complain from him. And like they said, parts can be easily source since a lot of people are modding SEG. Maintenance also not very high from what I was told.

Get a car that service regularly lar since you are buying for a lady to drive. I mean *Touchwood* if breakdown for a lady out of nowhere is kinda dangerous.

SEG worth buying la...yet is Toyota, Means reliable. :biggrin:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
SEG is OLD toyota...very reliable...NEW toyota...not so trustworthy anymore hahahha but i guess cos everybody oso wanna untung nowadays.

the SEG damn chun car. 1 of my supplier driving it as daily driver...his is manual but stock standard. FC damn good...about on par with myvi. but this guy drive very slow so maybe thats y so save petrol. good car to buy but must think no more loan for this age car...must pay cash money leh unless can get personal loan.

Last edited:

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
thanks everyone for the comments... I had came across many good reviews for the manual version. But how bout the auto version? Does the auto gb givs a lot of headache?

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
My auto lasted from 1995 to 2009, until I transplanted blacktop in. Didnt change the gearbox oil for around 50 000 KM still no problem

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
friendly owner, nice car, his LE also nice...hehehe... how much bro?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi i am interested in waja bodykit..the g concept or srx kit.....anyone got ar for sale....or can tell me how much is it roughly....... i was quoted 2.5 k for a whole set of srx kit in melaka plus painting.... ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience