Civic EG vs Satria Gti

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
Buy newer GTI. Better in term of value and cheap maintenance. No head-ache etc. Chap Ayam parts a lot. Honda parts damn expensive. Not suitable for student pocket. GTi Better FC.

Somemore EG/EK consider besi buruk already.

Talking about fast, how fast u wanna go?. How fast Honda can go?. ...Drivr slowly. Gti more than enough.

BTW, is it Honda that good on topspeed arhh?.

You are student. so buy something that suit your pocket as a student. Don't listen to the rest. They are already working adult. Save more for your studies or buy something appreciating, not depreciating.

Chap ayam parts worth the money? in the long run? :confused:

Somemore EG/EK consider besi buruk already. = You sure you know what you talking about? i dont wanna say anything to piss proton owners,after they think i'm flaming...but you seriously gotta get your facts right bro.

something appreciating, not depreciating. - better go survey 1st bro and see honda civics value now(14 years ago also can) and compare proton cars value now after 5 years onwards.

Last edited:

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
hmm...if you go buy a modified EG...you would save a lot of money considering most of b series parts are expensive...you already have a modified engine...no need to spend time...money...energy....headache on which part are better etc...just maintain it...and touch up a bit the parts that you dont like...but the maintenance gonna be a little bit high compare to stock...(just a little bit)...go for b16a first bro...you can mod all the parts and leave the block alone...one day..when all has been done...and still not enough power...just upgrade to higher cc...simple as that...

but if you wanna start for stock...also can...but be ready for the $$$ it will cost....surely more higher than buying a modified one...but the experience selecting the parts yourself n the right recipe for your car is more satisfying...(if the result if good lah)...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

aja..
i've been using my EK for 4 years already...from the day i buy that car...up until now...the price is still the same (some are higher)...and people still keep buying them...so think bout it...which manufacture is more besi buruk, honda or the thundercat badge car....

Last edited:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Chap ayam parts worth the money? in the long run? :confused:

Somemore EG/EK consider besi buruk already. = You sure you know what you talking about? i dont wanna say anything to piss proton owners,after they think i'm flaming...but you seriously gotta get your facts right bro.

something appreciating, not depreciating. - better go survey 1st bro and see honda civics value now(14 years ago also can) and compare proton cars value now after 5 years onwards.

How fast Honda can go? - Below is a EG8 b18c on dyno...its on 4th gear.How fast you think it can go? this is only lightly modded...ecu rev cut removed,piggyback,I/H/E...cams set for drag...not for top speed.

YouTube- XH Racing..EG8 b18C Dyno1

YouTube- XH Racing..EG8 b18C Dyno2
hehehehe. That a good thing about Honda owner in ZTH. Very2 DEFENSIVE!!

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
honda civic hatches are always good commodity

especially there is no competitor in that segment, for cheap cheerful hothatches.

ive owned a b18c2 integra dc2 before and a mitsubishi lancer CK 1.8 4g93sohc before (similar engine to the gti)

though the lancer has better torque range, the honda is a better free revving horsepower machine. i sold the lancer right after i test drove the integra. the integra has insane handling and pickup. it was just that good, comparing itsself to a similar class of car, coupe vs sedan

if anything, civics will not depreciate. it is a known fast FF hatchback car. if you want to be different and go for the turbo approach, there is always the evo 3, 180sx, s13 silvia and perhaps rx-7 FC. sometimes you could pick up a r32 gts-t at that price.

what is your real budget? the real amoutn you are willing to spend and also the real money ur willing to dump. if anything, a honda's high revving engine is unmatched by any other make. be it vvti or mivec, it will not give you the pleasure of a honda. hope this helps, decide wisely on what you want to spend. im doing up my honda, though 45 years old now, but i gotta love the high revving engine

WRM

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
You are student. so buy something that suit your pocket as a student. Don't listen to the rest. They are already working adult. Save more for your studies or buy something appreciating, not depreciating.
That is reali gud point n stuck in my head now bro!hehe..
yes i bliv thts my big concern,thts y im opting for a Honda wic does nt deprciate like a proton.like AD_EG n camshaft said.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

aja advise are very useful...another advise from aja..not me..just buy kancil to serve you from point A to point B during your studies, study hard & smart, get 1st class result then work with big company..save money then buy ori type R like AJA..hehehe...
Ameng i shudnt b sayin this,but kancil is juz a mistake.it shudnt b on the road.Possibility of dying after crash is too high..Its like letting a mouse run under 1000 elephants in a confined place.

Last edited:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
hehehehe. That a good thing about Honda owner in ZTH. Very2 DEFENSIVE!!
bro,

i was not being defensive at all... :biggrin:

i think my post was extremely polite...

this is a forum,and ppl expect to read TRUE or CORRECT info so that ppl dont get misguided..

if i was being defensive,i wouldn't have posted facts,i would have posted something immature and which can possibly start a flaming session.This is a forum,where ppl learn...so i believe with my post you have learned something new(hopefully)

even if this wasn't a honda topic, if it was a nissan,mitsu,proton or any other...i would have still posted the same thing,provided i had the facts....that's all....Good day bro aja...:shakehands:

WRM

Known Member
Dec 30, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hmm...if you go buy a modified EG...you would save a lot of money considering most of b series parts are expensive...you already have a modified engine...no need to spend time...money...energy....headache on which part are better etc...just maintain it...and touch up a bit the parts that you dont like...but the maintenance gonna be a little bit high compare to stock...(just a little bit)...go for b16a first bro...you can mod all the parts and leave the block alone...one day..when all has been done...and still not enough power...just upgrade to higher cc...simple as that...
I guess its best for me to buy a stock/modified b16a vtec and maintain it.FC muz b ok plus get the perfomance i nid.Kev,the THING is im NOT into these turbo/modding kaw2. Juz looking for a comfortable car tht has ample perfomance to get from point A to B with sum excitement..
Anywy THANKS guys, u all are very helpful..im gettin a picture of what i need now.

Last edited:

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
Just FYI, b16a stock FC, RM70(ron 97= RM 2.050l) can go up to 400km(seldom but vtec got scream) , if everyday high rev like nobody's business one also got bout 320km. Consider nt bad d.

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
I guess its best for me to buy a stock/modified b16a vtec and maintain it.FC muz b ok plus get the perfomance i nid.Kev,the THING is im NOT into these turbo/modding kaw2. Juz looking for a comfortable car tht has ample perfomance to get from point A to B with sum excitement..
Anywy THANKS guys, u all are very helpful..im gettin a picture of what i need now.
so..b16a is enough i guess...can get a lot of fun with that high revving engine...8000RPM all the way~ happy driving:driver:

aziziell

1,500 RPM
May 9, 2007
my comment may be not bious coz i don own honda or proton..but i used to drive both of them..i u get much cash money sure go for honda..coz honda loan difficult to get,,,if u goverment staff u can use personel loan laa....hahaha....

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
have you considered honda integra and honda prelude? these cars are within your price range. as you have stated, you are looking for a cruiser with ample power? or you don't have a thing over coupes

personally, i just gave out my 2 cents on owning these cars, as ive owned both the 4g93 and b18c powered equilavents. a honda will always satisfy your N/a thirst, period

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
yeah, DC2 sounds okay too :top:

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

yeah, DC2 sounds okay too :top:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

From a necessity, the internet has evolved into one of the most important communications medium of today. And with such importance stands today, Malaysia’s first national automotive maker Proton had announced their collaborative move with one of the most advanced 4G networks in the world, Yes, in producing Malaysia’s first 4G internet cars. This new feature will be as a standard, starting from the upcoming new...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience