civic eg or satria??

yip

Aug 15, 2005
perak
hi,zth members...,i got some question to ask i nid some command,now i'm thinking buy a second-hand car,i like 2doors car,like eg hatch or satria,which car better?about body which car more great?cos i heard some forman say satria body is better than civic eg,some friends say eg better than satria..?make me so blur le...,can anyone giv some commmand ??..thx

babywolfz

Known Member
Dec 14, 2004
all comes down to how much u willing to spend on... got money then get eg lor.. no money satria also can :)
just my 2 cents.... hmmmm which mech tell u that? satria's body better then eg? serious ar?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
lightningfield said:
whats d proof of satria's body better than eg?
Why satria body better ah?

1) It's a proton! Local cars are better than imports :P
2) It's cheaper to mod.. h/cut for a lancer GSR turbo isn't that expensive.
3) It's lighter.. (I think... not sure)
4) easier to ketok, because the panels are thinner.. :P
5) makes sense to change to plastic windows since you're probably not going to use the p/windows anyway :P

And I've got a satria for sale... (just kidding!)

Last edited:

yip

Aug 15, 2005
perak
shiroitenshi said:
Why satria body better ah?

1) It's a proton! Local cars are better than imports :P
2) It's cheaper to mod.. h/cut for a lancer GSR turbo isn't that expensive.
3) It's lighter.. (I think... not sure)
4) easier to ketok, because the panels are thinner.. :P
5) makes sense to change to plastic windows since you're probably not going to use the p/windows anyway :P

And I've got a satria for sale... (just kidding!)
thx for all bros giv a comments and information.:),and one more think i wan to ask,if i get a eg,how much i nid spend can get b16a engine?if big TEV nid mod camshaft?i heard frens say mod civic nid spend more $ than satria,cos i'm thinking buy a car come bak spend 8-9k to mod.can any eg kaki or civic kaki can giv some info?
i nid some info of market price (b16b,b16a),or MIVEC1.6,cos i like NA.
thx.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
around 5K for EG halfcut.. conversion cost varies depending on how many things you want to change and how much the workmanship fees.

note that you'd probably need about 1-2K for 'in case' parts such as gaskets, rubber seals, etc.

apart from that.. you'd probably want to invest in some exhaust and intake systems, and a aftermarket regulator.

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
yip,
i think ur asking d wrong Q in d wrong forum ler...u come into a honda forum asking whc is better btween an EG n a Satria?wat kinda answer ur expecting?of coz every1 will say d EG wud b WAY WAY BETTER,right?......best is,u gotta go out n sample sum of d cars u intend 2 buy...prolly get 2 know sum frens dat own either an EG or Satria....n c 4 urself..talk 2 them..c how much they spent on mods n wats d results like..does it suit ur need n budget?......dis is d best ler...u come ask here sure got bias opinion 1..ehehhehe.....
anyway,just wanna make a super BIAS statement...in NA form,stock to stock..nothg beats DOHC VTEC.... =)
dun shoot me..i'm not really a Honda fan..i just love d technology..
peace

lithium2

Jul 8, 2006
Bro, I was making the same decision between the two cars 2 months ago. And my decision was EG!!!!! And NO REGRETS!

Actually the conversion cost of both cars are similar, should be around 10k for everything (assuming Mivec 1.6 for Satria, B16A for EG).

Car Year: 1997(Satria) 1992(EG)

Car Price: 13k(Satria) 18k(EG)

As you can see, the main difference is the price of the car and age of the car. Satria is way cheaper and newer but I will still go for Honda (but find a well maintained one la!)

1 more problem you might need to consider is the loan amount on both cars, you will need to put up more downpayment for EG since it's older! As for satria, I think you can get full loan, and get cash back somemore depends on the seller.

Well, good luck! Go for EG if possible! EG is evergreen! If do conversion properly it can be a better car than the NEW CIVIC! Faster!! HAHAHA!

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
akuma said:
yip,
i think ur asking d wrong Q in d wrong forum ler...u come into a honda forum asking whc is better btween an EG n a Satria?wat kinda answer ur expecting?of coz every1 will say d EG wud b WAY WAY BETTER,right?......best is,u gotta go out n sample sum of d cars u intend 2 buy...prolly get 2 know sum frens dat own either an EG or Satria....n c 4 urself..talk 2 them..c how much they spent on mods n wats d results like..does it suit ur need n budget?......dis is d best ler...u come ask here sure got bias opinion 1..ehehhehe.....
anyway,just wanna make a super BIAS statement...in NA form,stock to stock..nothg beats DOHC VTEC.... =)
dun shoot me..i'm not really a Honda fan..i just love d technology..
peace
Hoi... I sokong satria what... of course, my credibility sure zero because I drive an B16A EG.. :P

vanila

Known Member
May 4, 2006
hurrmmm, if u ask here sure ppl will say honda is better, if u ask in Mits. sure they ask u to use satria... :D for me Honda is the best.... :X-:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

From a necessity, the internet has evolved into one of the most important communications medium of today. And with such importance stands today, Malaysia’s first national automotive maker Proton had announced their collaborative move with one of the most advanced 4G networks in the world, Yes, in producing Malaysia’s first 4G internet cars. This new feature will be as a standard, starting from the upcoming new...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience