Choosing between Vios,Latio and City

Pisang GTR

Known Member
Feb 9, 2009
in a farm
Need info about vios,latio and city....which car has better ride comfort,perfomance,fuel consumption and safety...Planning to buy this for my mom...Any info and comment is appreciated :itsme:

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
Honda City! u looking for new or wat? if yes, do find me...haha:wavey:

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

I tink Honda City would be good in terms of fuel consumption. If u r talking bout the new one, go for it! looks good! :proud:

oh, if u do decide which to get, u can alwiz look for me to get it. :wavey: 0126703955.

Cheers bro

Pisang GTR

Known Member
Feb 9, 2009
in a farm
thanks for the info bullet nos...i am looking for the new city...if i decide to choose the city,i will surely buzz u...:biggrin:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
the new city nice...if not go for vios.i would prefer the city

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
Is the city's gearbox tend to breakdown easily?
the previous version Honda City uses CVT gearbox (like mine). If not taken care of properly, yes, it will be a Huge headache if problems arise. However, if you do not play with the tiptronic function too often, do not hantam and change shifts kau kau, and change the CVT gear oil with Original Honda CVT oil every 25k kms, should not be a problem.

As for the new Honda City, it is using the conventional Auto Gearbox again, with tiptronic function. No more CVT. So, it will be roughly the same maintenance as is with the Latio and Vios. As for the Latio, I find it abit high...but drive feel is ok.

I dunno if its just me, but the new City Interior is the best in its class. (personal preference here, dun flame me pls):rolleyes:

Cheers

JasonKam

Known Member
Jul 29, 2007
Tmn Kinrara S'2
hi bro,u mean new car?

i`m curently driving a 2008 vios and i bought it new car not 2nd,it`s got many problem and not just mine 1,my 3 frenz using the same car also got complain....

1.)engine valve knocking sound...(need to change whole valve cover engine top body,cam shaft,valve,gasket and many thing) cost around RM 5k,lucky the car still hv warranty...after all done it will be ok..........using around 2weeks to done up at UMW........

2.)Under power compare to old model............

3.)not fuel consumption compare to old model........

4.)rear suspension oil leaking after 1 1/2 year i driving this vios........

5.)front lower arm damage after 8 month driving this vios........

6.)original head unit lost function after 4 month used.....

7.)car battery....can be used for 8 month only.......

above is a few problem tat i hv....don`t know later will be more serious or not.....

(my vios rear suspension oil leaking,the services advisor told me they will order and change it,he also tell me it will take aroud 1 month to order then he will call me but now already 3 month still nothing...PLEASE DON`T GO TO TOYOTA SERVICES AT CHAN SOW LIN.......the services advisor cheat me already.....if u don`t trust me,go to try it yourself...........damn........

bro,honda city gearbox is already improved.....the 7 speed mode gearbox only got problem...cost around 20k above to change gearbox (if i not wrong bcoz my frenz work at Honda services center at old klang road-beringgit)........so just go for honda CITY....

Last edited:

ckyee22

Mar 14, 2009
u buy 4 ur mommy rite...?
plz go N ask her...normally antie like the comfortable, gd fuel consumption , easy 2 drive , save, big space.....!!
go n bring her test drive vios, city, latio ....let her choose loh..!!

Pisang GTR

Known Member
Feb 9, 2009
in a farm
Thanks guys for the input......Really appreciate it.....I am looking for new car...Just my luck,my 1st choice is vios...now after reading the problem,i am considering to take city rather than vios.....Any opinion on the Latio?

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
hi bro,u mean new car?

i`m curently driving a 2008 vios and i bought it new car not 2nd,it`s got many problem and not just mine 1,my 3 frenz using the same car also got complain....

1.)engine valve knocking sound...(need to change whole valve cover engine top body,cam shaft,valve,gasket and many thing) cost around RM 5k,lucky the car still hv warranty...after all done it will be ok..........using around 2weeks to done up at UMW........

2.)Under power compare to old model............

3.)not fuel consumption compare to old model........

4.)rear suspension oil leaking after 1 1/2 year i driving this vios........

5.)front lower arm damage after 8 month driving this vios........

6.)original head unit lost function after 4 month used.....

7.)car battery....can be used for 8 month only.......

above is a few problem tat i hv....don`t know later will be more serious or not.....

(my vios rear suspension oil leaking,the services advisor told me they will order and change it,he also tell me it will take aroud 1 month to order then he will call me but now already 3 month still nothing...PLEASE DON`T GO TO TOYOTA SERVICES AT CHAN SOW LIN.......the services advisor cheat me already.....if u don`t trust me,go to try it yourself...........damn........

bro,honda city gearbox is already improved.....the 7 speed mode gearbox only got problem...cost around 20k above to change gearbox (if i not wrong bcoz my frenz work at Honda services center at old klang road-beringgit)........so just go for honda CITY....
wah bro, sorry to hear bout yr vios man...i did hear some word about the previous version being better quality, but i din think it cud be true.

but yea, for a new Honda City Gearbox (previous version), a new replacement wud cost Rm20k...but recon about RM5k. That is if tak jaga as i stated above. If got jaga (like me), shud be no problem. using for about 4years now, no prob. :proud:

as for the new city, my buddy got 1 earlier this year...really fantastic car man. i love it. feel the i-vtec...with pedal shifts lagi...syiok...

Latio i test drove the 1.6 auto sedan before...well...i must say in terms of personal taste, the interior is abit more 'old man'...the car shape abit box-y. but the latio hatch back look cool (but Way more expensive).

chsyke

Known Member
Dec 13, 2006
I got chance get into a Vios type S and City type E.
Vios inside is too small compare to City. Vios size almost same like the saga blm. but P.Waja win both car interms of space at the back seat.

Vios engine ok but not as powerful as City.
Fuel consumption, im not sure coz i jes tumpang ride only... :biggrin:

For interior dashboard design, Vios engineers still far far behind City engineer, no supprise when get in a Vios.
At least City engineers really design the interior.

I have no chance to get into a Latio, as ppl around me dont like its design, too "box". but the Latio sport looks ok a bit but its too pricy...

Anyway, this all is my opinion, its still up to you and your mom to decide. i suggest you should go for a test drive before you make your final decision... :driver:

Pisang GTR

Known Member
Feb 9, 2009
in a farm
u buy 4 ur mommy rite...?
plz go N ask her...normally antie like the comfortable, gd fuel consumption , easy 2 drive , save, big space.....!!
go n bring her test drive vios, city, latio ....let her choose loh..!!
Actually,i plan to surprise her on her birthday next year....still have a lot of time left...who say auntie like comfort,save,easy 2 drive?my mom love lancer evolution very2 much...that's why she bought herself a lancer 2.0gt:biggrin:

JasonKam

Known Member
Jul 29, 2007
Tmn Kinrara S'2
wah bro, sorry to hear bout yr vios man...i did hear some word about the previous version being better quality, but i din think it cud be true.

but yea, for a new Honda City Gearbox (previous version), a new replacement wud cost Rm20k...but recon about RM5k. That is if tak jaga as i stated above. If got jaga (like me), shud be no problem. using for about 4years now, no prob. :proud:

as for the new city, my buddy got 1 earlier this year...really fantastic car man. i love it. feel the i-vtec...with pedal shifts lagi...syiok...

Latio i test drove the 1.6 auto sedan before...well...i must say in terms of personal taste, the interior is abit more 'old man'...the car shape abit box-y. but the latio hatch back look cool (but Way more expensive).
Bro,u from Diamond Zues club right???

Last edited: