Choosing between Myvi SE and Neo CPS...

zedz

Known Member
Jul 13, 2004
Hello all...

I'm in the market for a new car and my budget is 50K to 60K category. Actually I have decided on the new Myvi SE but after reading newspaper today about Neo CPS, I somehow started to fall in love with this car (Neo CPS).

My current car is 96' Satria 1.6(M) and I was a petrolhead last time but before deciding on Myvi SE, I have educate myself that I need a practical, good FC, and best for value car. But its all change when I read about this Neo CPS and I feel like my "petrolheaded heart" has rise. I also understand the fast depreciation value of 2 doors hatch and of course, Proton. On the other hand, despite of Myvi being the practical, good FC car and all, I still thinks that Myvi is seriously overpriced car and still people buy it like everyday!

Please help me to choose between these 2 cars and just FYI, i am planning to get married next year but I dont see having a 2drs car is a problem here. My sister have a Kelisa and she already got 2 kids.

Help me out please!!!

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
Personally, I don't know much about the neo cps but what i can tell u is, myvi auto drinks petrol. i've sat inside an auto myvi, which clocked 298km and the reserve petrol tank light is blinking already.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
if u wish to upgrade to the same family, neo is ur choice....since u r riding satria.

if u wish to change to another category of car, myvi SE.

myvi SE auto some said fc high, but some fc low.dunno wats wrong....but so far no major complaints....

and there is a wide range or modification u can done...:love:

ks_phang

Feb 15, 2009
I have a friend drives a Myvi. His driving speed is contantly 80kmh hence he is able to reach 400km/tank(30L). I believe it is due to the 1.3L engine, logically save fuel if you are soft on it, and drinks crazy more fuel when your are hard on it(which for most cases of the drivers in Malaysia are driving their mean machines hard). Peace!

nas85

Known Member
Oct 15, 2005
vote for neo...but if u dun care about power myvi also nice..supports our local brand:biggrin::biggrin:

DaDoctor

Known Member
Aug 2, 2008
If you go for Myvi SE choose the orange colour:biggrin:
If neo CPS the white colour:biggrin:
Anyway i think the Myvi is better in terms of practicality
furthermore the neo rear sit is too 'sempit'....
But in terms of looks the neo wins hands down...:listen:

Zidane

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
if looking for sporty car that you want to terrorize the streets, the highway, the roads on the hills, mountains etc..., go for Neo...

Family city car, choose myvi

heir_rule

Known Member
Jul 21, 2006
both got style and nice looks, since you said you have no problem for 2 doors car go for NEO cps instead of Myvi SE because the NEO looks more menacing.:driver::driver::driver:

Dougster

Known Member
Jul 17, 2004
Kay Elle...
members.cardomain.com
Im assuming budget isnt an issue :)

Go for the Neo CPS(m) if....
1) You're a driving enthusiast
2) You're not very tall
3) You don't mind having 2 doors, instead of 4
4) Serves as a real good platform to learn more about car performance modifications. (since ur a petrolhead
*don't get the Neo CPS in automatic, defeats the purpose of having a Neo... The torque curve has been fixed and is more linear but they haven't done anything to the Auto tranny which isn't really intelligent....

Go for the Myvi if...
1) You want a good A to B mode of transport
2) Nice creature comforts, ergonomics and features (head room, USB player, more comfortable seats, hands free with speaker etc)
3) You're planning to fetch passengers often
4) You're on a slightly tighter budget
*Note that on a straight line, the Myvi would still be able to keep up with the Neo CPS.. but around bends the Neo pips it by a mile...

That's a roundup in layman terms :)
Hope it helps with ur selection....
Although the Neo is a better head turner :)
I say.... Buy the one which makes u go WOW....

Dougster

Known Member
Jul 17, 2004
Kay Elle...
members.cardomain.com
Yup... but not the Neo CPS... Went for the launch but didnt get to test drive it..

But the normal Neo manual makes for some good fun la.... i dont think any new car within the range of RM80k can give u a nicer drive...until the Suzuki Swift comes into play... which is above the RM80k mark anyway..

So yea...good entry level car if u enjoy driving...

But i'd rather spend a bit less....and get a Proton Satria GTi... :)

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
i have myvi n my bro drives neo (not cps though)

myvi is such a boring car. lousy handling, lousy braking. not fun at all but that is the whole point of a practical car. its boring as hell. but 2 years, zero breakdown! thats how reliable it is!

the neo, on the other hand, is a fun car. it is sporty, handling nice, but lacks the practicality of a myvi. i have transported complete front e3 bodyparts (including bonnet, bumper, fenders, etc) from shah alam to penang, all squeezed into my myvi. try doing that in a neo.

so it all depends on what u want. u want sporty or practical?

i have a fun weekend car so i dont mind driving a boring car for daily runaround. choose wisely hehehe... good luck!:driver: