Choices of cars to buy?

RM100k and brand new car. Which one would you choose?

• VW Polo Sedan 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia Forte 2.0

• Ford Focus Sedan 1.8

• Nissan Sylphy 2.0

• Toyota Vios 1.5

• Chery Eastar 2.0

• Mazda 2 Sedan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mugentan

Known Member
Jul 29, 2005
Pahang
Some of the cars in the list not even RM90K...
Please check the correct car prices before conduct this survey...

WTF this survey /poll is bias towards VW with all the lousy competitiors on the list...

Why not input some brands with some competitive edge, there's lots of car that is around price range of RM100K...

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006

WTF this survey /poll is bias towards VW with all the lousy competitiors on the list...

Why not input some brands with some competitive edge, there's lots of car that is around price range of RM100K...
This is not a a survey to compare which car is the best for RM100k..

Its just a survey to help Izso decide the best car for him...please note that...

mugentan

Known Member
Jul 29, 2005
Pahang
This is not a a survey to compare which car is the best for RM100k..

Its just a survey to help Izso decide the best car for him...please note that...
OIC... its for izso...

So better get the VIOS J spec, Cheap less than RM70K
Fuel economical, low maintanance, good second hand, cheap spare parts and most of all you don't lose that much when the Goverment waive off the car duty by stage of 3 years till 0% duty.

When 2016 when you purchase 0% / NILL duty car, at least you already have head start of saving when you save now your RM30K of your RM100k to purchase a RM70K VIOS...

Huhahaha!!!

FOrget the VW or other continental car for now bro..... actually they only cost less than RM40K, goverment take RM60K of the purchase price of RM100K.

Better get some property for your investment dude!!!

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
You see, this is why we never argue about anything. Cuz we have exactly the same ideas and thoughts.

I like you. In a friendly sort of way. :biggrin:

That's exactly what I told her. LOL
was about to post ultra gay seal....
:biggrin:

btw sell the myvi so that when u have the itch to do some mod, u can do it on the hero rather then on the newer car...
and since u get :biggrin: everytime u drive the hero, keep it then...
$$$ cant make up for the amount of :biggrin: u get everytime u get behind the wheels...

like me, i got the itch and mind u the itch is damn strong this one but a simple full exhaust mod on my altis will cost me in the region of RM 5k...
so yeah, what to do if not to just scratch the itch and pray damn kao 7 hard for it to go away...
:thefinger:

drive a vios?
i rather let a bapuk BJ me then to be caught driving one..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
3 row leg room the Eastar is the best....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

- Like most FWD, it understeers and the tires are too skinny (only 185).
Not a problem, next change upgrade to wider tyres....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

btw sell the myvi so that when u have the itch to do some mod, u can do it on the hero rather then on the newer car...
$$$ cant make up for the amount of :biggrin: u get everytime u get behind the wheels...
Like my hero, also won't sell off......:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

like me, i got the itch and mind u the itch is damn strong this one but a simple full exhaust mod on my altis will cost me in the region of RM 5k...
so yeah, what to do if not to just scratch the itch and pray damn kao 7 hard for it to go away...

drive a vios?
Altis full exhaust system cost RM5K that much? :stoned:

Agree I rather get a Honda City than Vios, though never underestimate the manual Vios on pick up. Is real responsive.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I'm curious, given 100k what other ar would you consider then? Given my requirements on page 1?

drive a vios?
I'm biased against the city cuz I have one in the family and I very much dislike driving it. Vios is a better drive for me.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

I have a Grand Livina and yes Izso, you should consider this car if you're ok with MPV and don't care about power/performance. It's decent for an MPV, not as big as Exora, handles not bad as it's not that high like Avanza. Fuel consumption is pretty good, should be able to avg. around 12km/ltr combined, best can reach >13km/ltr.
Compared to Alza, I don't think Alza is more comfy. Alza 3rd seats are practically non-existent. Livina can still fit 2 smaller adults, I've carried 7 people many2 times, at one point going up Genting. But if you don't need rear seats then Alza is a decent choice since it's much cheaper anyway.
But Livina also has many weaknesses like below:
- Air con not that cold and don't have double blower. The evaporator also not good material, mine leaked after 3 mths use but then replaced new under warranty and already almost 2 yrs still ok.
- The rear seat folding mechanism is very unpractical.
- The std audio system is rubbish!
- Steering rubber bushing also seems weak. Mine already replaced once but under warranty. the steering initially feels very light but now after over 2yrs, it becomes a bit heavy.
- Stupid central lock which does not automatically locks the driver's door! Go figure!
- Like many current cars, no temperature meter.
- Lower segment of the rear lights is just fake, no bulbs & wiring so cannot light up! So cheapskate of Nissan!
- Like most FWD, it understeers and the tires are too skinny (only 185).
Thanks! weird though, my friend has none of those problems. And I cant fit in the 3rd row without squatting. Alza *seems* slightly larger for the 3rd row. slightly.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks! weird though, my friend has none of those problems. And I cant fit in the 3rd row without squatting. Alza *seems* slightly larger for the 3rd row. slightly.
One of those unlucky owner.....I guess....:hmmmm:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
One of those unlucky owner.....I guess....:hmmmm:
Well probably now they've improved the quality. Mine was early 2011 batch. Before that there was even some reported fuel gauge problem (at least apparent in the batch sold in Indonesia), but mine is still ok.
Alza 3rd row is larger?? I thought it's smaller actually. But yeah, in Livina have to squat a bit cause the floor is a higher at the back, but my friends who often sat there were ok, but of course they're mostly not tall (<1.75 mtrs).
One more advantage of Livina is it can carry a lot of luggage, it really helped me big time when I was moving house. But of course not a big as Exora or Innova.
Oh ya just yesterday they fix the alarm which suddenly went quiet since 2 weeks ago. Again still free since under warranty. :)

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Well probably now they've improved the quality. Mine was early 2011 batch. Before that there was even some reported fuel gauge problem (at least apparent in the batch sold in Indonesia), but mine is still ok.
Alza 3rd row is larger?? I thought it's smaller actually. But yeah, in Livina have to squat a bit cause the floor is a higher at the back, but my friends who often sat there were ok, but of course they're mostly not tall (<1.75 mtrs).
One more advantage of Livina is it can carry a lot of luggage, it really helped me big time when I was moving house. But of course not a big as Exora or Innova.
Oh ya just yesterday they fix the alarm which suddenly went quiet since 2 weeks ago. Again still free since under warranty. :)
My friends car is early 2012 so in terms of batch it shouldn't be too far off from yours. Boot space ah... aisay. I have an Unser at home. Everything is small compared to that car. Unfortunately it's being considered for sale though.

If you concern about the NVH, you might want to go for Sylphy. Really a powerful and silent cabin to begin with.
Yeah I know man. Still deciding. A lot of things to factor in apart from the car itself, loan amount, monthly budgeting, 5 years down the road what sort of $ will I be needing for my kids, personal business, etc. It's a big deal for me to change a car.

Like I said - I wish I was rich. Terus buy no need to think. Don't like, change! Fuh.

Good news too btw.. wifey has agreed to sell the MYVI :rofl: Hero stays!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah I know man. Still deciding. A lot of things to factor in apart from the car itself, loan amount, monthly budgeting, 5 years down the road what sort of $ will I be needing for my kids, personal business, etc. It's a big deal for me to change a car.

Like I said - I wish I was rich. Terus buy no need to think. Don't like, change! Fuh.

Good news too btw.. wifey has agreed to sell the MYVI :rofl: Hero stays!
Da*n, you are so right! Yesterday morning went hiking in Gasing hill, over heard this lady and a gentleman talking near her new VW Polo Gti. Gentleman ask how is your VW? Lady answered, okay, but my husband already ask me to have a look at the new Golf.....:rolleyes:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
One that everyone dream of, when money is not an issue, what can we do? Change car whenever we want. Modified cars like
is Free. :rofl: How nice!!!

Syphilis la then. Cuz I think the leg room on the rear attracts Izso more than other goodies in a Syphilis :rofl:
None interest him except the leg room :rolleyes:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
One that everyone dream of, when money is not an issue, what can we do? Change car whenever we want. Modified cars like
is Free. :rofl: How nice!!!

Syphilis la then. Cuz I think the leg room on the rear attracts Izso more than other goodies in a Syphilis :rofl:
None interest him except the leg room :rolleyes:
No la. You compare all the other cars in the same category they pretty much have the same of everything. ABS, EBD, Traction control, boot space, 1.8/2.0 cruisers, comfortable seats, airbags (some 2, some 4, some 6) and almost all have their flaws.

The only real thing that sticks out is the incredible leg room in the Sylphillis. Damn the name.. kills the excitement. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey Hey Hey.

I need help from you guys here, Iam about to buy a os giken single super single clutch,do you know to find the plate and how much does it cost? its for sr20det

Thank you very much.

need em urgent,please help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience