Choices of cars to buy?

RM100k and brand new car. Which one would you choose?

• VW Polo Sedan 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia Forte 2.0

• Ford Focus Sedan 1.8

• Nissan Sylphy 2.0

• Toyota Vios 1.5

• Chery Eastar 2.0

• Mazda 2 Sedan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oi! :rofl: Drive la turbo when hanging out with Batangs :rofl:
Not family outing ma :laugh:

or u trying to poison izso to buy Tiggo :rofl:
Can let him test drive. My wife did and change her mind from MPV to SUV......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Yes, I'm married and she drives but I would not let her drive the Mark X even after she asked a few times! Cause she's not a good driver despite all the lesson I've taught her! She drives my Livina everyday to fetch the kids only. I would never let her drive bigger or more expensive cars no matter what cause if something happened it's gonna be my headache. As for decision making, yes she has a say somewhat (hence I cannot buy real fast cars), but other than that, I decide, even for cars she'll drive.(
Bro. 6UESt, my wife drives my turbo around also....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

izso...go for altis bro.....
wah u all lepak never ajak ah......:sleep:
Bro., this unofficial tt was called and posted here. We read and just mention attend mah! you just do the same lah!:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

Ya bro Danz, as mentioned by bro kcng, we are there just only cuz Izso buying us lunch, unofficial TT la...haha! :biggrin:
Bro. Izso have to buy already.....:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Too many what ifs in the world. You ask her...what if flood.. then if normal sedan habis already, buy a SUV instead...
Actually not only flood. Nowadays less people bully, because my wife drives a bigger and higher ride....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
knnccbbq you all. Any malay fellas in the group? Aiya simple is drinks on me for the gang. Come tkss sat.

As for the SUV category, I've suggested it to her before. Apparently I'm too much of a miser DIY-er that it's rubbing off her. I've complained a lot on tyre pricing before so she knows SUV bigass tyres aren't cheap so she's not keen on that. Oh incidentally I also have a Grand Vitara in the family - she no like.

Test car see how first la.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Izso forgot to mentioned another car I have in mind.

Since cars currently in your considerations are:

1) Nissan Syphilis 2.0 XL Comfort - RM114,895.30
2) Polo Sedan - RM100,778
3) Toyota Altis Dual VVT-i 1.8E - RM113,020.60
4) Grand Ribena 1.8L Autech - RM105,815.30
5) Chevrolet Cruze 1.8LT - RM108,083.60
(Normal Cruze with 16" rims instead of 18" (RM125,083.60) Not sure comes with bodykit for both or not since is a new facelift model.)

Cruze pick up may not be that responsive but powerful enough and real stable on high speeds, at least is 6-speed and Shiftronic.
You just wont feel that the car is going real fast, cool modern gadgets with just a touch with your finger you can unlock doors and rear
bonnet.

Space wise, I think you will like it, is real spacious inside and the car design is great, always like the wide stock body. Of course
the one with 18" rims looks better.

Polo Sedan and the Chevrolet Cruze are the only overseas brand here whereby the Asian cars are always much cheaper to maintain.
Still depends on which model we are comparing with though. Toyota has always been famous for their good FC but I think that
is not much of your concern.

Some performance and comfort is your wife and your main criteria here. Spacious is also a must for rear bonnet space and also
the leg room must be comfortable enough for long distance travel.

Performance wise, you will prefer Toyota Altis and Syphilis. Comfort, the only one i can comment is Chevrolet Cruze.

Is real comfortable and you dont feel much at all on uneven road. The rest, you just got to test drive and feel it.

Compare with those 3, I find Chevrolet Cruze is much more spacious. That if you dont mind getting a 16" model 1st and swap
it with 18" later on. For me if it is because of the rims and bodykit, I'll rather install outside which is cheaper. Rims I can change to
the one I like. Specs are the same for both 1.8LT and 1.8LT Sport. Only difference is the rims and I think the bodykit as well.

They are having some offers now, maybe you might want to include in your shopping list during the weekend.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ooo yala cruze ah...previously i loved the muscular look over the forte....
sat cannot join u guys, gotta celebrate my son's bday.
Bring your son and celebrate with us :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
knnccbbq you all. Any malay fellas in the group? Aiya simple is drinks on me for the gang. Come tkss sat.

As for the SUV category, I've suggested it to her before. Apparently I'm too much of a miser DIY-er that it's rubbing off her. I've complained a lot on tyre pricing before so she knows SUV bigass tyres aren't cheap so she's not keen on that. Oh incidentally I also have a Grand Vitara in the family - she no like.

Test car see how first la.
So now to bring Tiggo or VR4?.....:hmmmm::rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Compare with those 3, I find Chevrolet Cruze is much more spacious. That if you dont mind getting a 16" model 1st and swap
it with 18" later on. For me if it is because of the rims and bodykit, I'll rather install outside which is cheaper. Rims I can change to
the one I like. Specs are the same for both 1.8LT and 1.8LT Sport. Only difference is the rims and I think the bodykit as well.

They are having some offers now, maybe you might want to include in your shopping list during the weekend.
He complain SUV tyres expensive, so more you ask him to change to 18"......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Bring your son and celebrate with us :rofl:
ha! ha! I was about to say the same thing, then we get free drinks and makan......:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So now to bring Tiggo or VR4?.....:hmmmm::rofl::rofl:

He complain SUV tyres expensive, so more you ask him to change to 18"......:biggrin:

ha! ha! I was about to say the same thing, then we get free drinks and makan......:rofl:
We sure know how to enjoy life by borrowing power from others :rofl:

Then Izso will be saved by Danz in buying us lunch, :rofl:

Eh Danz, son birthday tak ajak pun...:frown:

SUV tyres more expensive than 18inch rims ma, cuz much thicker also :rofl:
18" just an option la, he can go with 16inch since factory fitted also 16 inch.

:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Nvm, once he hear the roaring sound and turbo from VR2turbo's VR2, your son will automatically love cars like you next time.

Bring VR2 la bro. :biggrin: Dont bring Tiggo since is out of Izso list.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
my son already likes cars.....he conquer all my diecasts car collection that i bought over the years, same goes for hotwheels/takara tomy collection....he brings it to the toilet while shower, to bed & plays in the car if we go out.....
but wattudu son ma......hehe

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I don't know why I never considered the Cruze. Go look see then only decide. Plenty of time after makan with you lot on Sat to checkout cars.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I don't know why I never considered the Cruze. Go look see then only decide. Plenty of time after makan with you lot on Sat to checkout cars.
Maybe we can go check out cruze together :biggrin:

Nice ma...

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro. 6UESt, my wife drives my turbo around also....:biggrin:

Hehehe good for her lah, and for you too, that means she must be a pretty good driver to handle the boost!
My wife surely cannot lah, she'll get shocked and panicky driving high powered cars. If we have to drive together 2 cars, even if I already purposely drive slow she'll still get left behind. Yet on avg. she'd still consume more fuel than me, go figure!

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
bring your vr4 unker.... hehehe.. show Izso how fun it is to have shitloads of torque just above idle...
:biggrin::biggrin:

u show him your mountain loads of torque and i show him how transmission should be like
poison him

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
We sure know how to enjoy life by borrowing power from others :rofl:

Then Izso will be saved by Danz in buying us lunch, :rofl:

Eh Danz, son birthday tak ajak pun...:frown:

SUV tyres more expensive than 18inch rims ma, cuz much thicker also :rofl:
18" just an option la, he can go with 16inch since factory fitted also 16 inch.

Danz, probably hold birthday in A&W with A&W bear leh!....:rofl:

SUV normal tyres actually can be cheaper then ultra low profile performance tyres....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Nvm, once he hear the roaring sound and turbo from VR2turbo's VR2, your son will automatically love cars like you next time.

Bring VR2 la bro. :biggrin: Dont bring Tiggo since is out of Izso list.
Danz, V6 twin turbo leh! mine is EVO great great great grand father only........:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

The tail end always reminds me of the older Civic FD....:hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Hehehe good for her lah, and for you too, that means she must be a pretty good driver to handle the boost!
My wife surely cannot lah, she'll get shocked and panicky driving high powered cars. If we have to drive together 2 cars, even if I already purposely drive slow she'll still get left behind. Yet on avg. she'd still consume more fuel than me, go figure!
My wife drive slow when in my VR, but she does drive fast in her own SUV.....:smokin::rofl:

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

bring your vr4 unker.... hehehe.. show Izso how fun it is to have shitloads of torque just above idle...
:biggrin::biggrin:

u show him your mountain loads of torque and i show him how transmission should be like
poison him
How to poison, he buying car for wife and family....:rolleyes:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
SUV normal tyres actually can be cheaper then ultra low profile performance tyres....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:18 PM ---------

How to poison, he buying car for wife and family....:rolleyes:
What size are your Tiggo tyres and normally how much?

And thank you. It's a family car... poison no use. Technically it's not for my wife but it needs to cater for her driving ability la.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What size are your Tiggo tyres and normally how much?

And thank you. It's a family car... poison no use. Technically it's not for my wife but it needs to cater for her driving ability la.
235/60R16 original. My friend's wife have one Tiggo also changed to 215/65R16.
235/60R16 should be around RM400, this is normal passenger car tyre size like older Mercedes.
215/65R16 can look for SUV tyres like Yoko Geolander which is much cheaper around RM300 plus. XM2 also have in this size but RM400 plus.

18" UHP tyres can range fro RM500 plus to RM900.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
235/60R16 original. My friend's wife have one Tiggo also changed to 215/65R16.
235/60R16 should be around RM400, this is normal passenger car tyre size like older Mercedes.
215/65R16 can look for SUV tyres like Yoko Geolander which is much cheaper around RM300 plus. XM2 also have in this size but RM400 plus.

18" UHP tyres can range fro RM500 plus to RM900.....:biggrin:
18" just use Falken ZE912 enough adi :rofl: Cheaper. That came in factory setting.

Danz, one is a monster la. But your VR2 smaller and lighter ma :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
18" just use Falken ZE912 enough adi :rofl: Cheaper. That came in factory setting.

Danz, one is a monster la. But your VR2 smaller and lighter ma :biggrin:
Aiseh! use 18" sure use good tyres, if not might as well use smaller tyres.....

VR is in original Super Saloon body which is heavy (CBU). If in Wira body then very light....:biggrin:

Anyway, Saturday after that Bro. Izso can test Altis and Cruze....:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Aiseh! use 18" sure use good tyres, if not might as well use smaller tyres.....

VR is in original Super Saloon body which is heavy (CBU). If in Wira body then very light....:biggrin:

Anyway, Saturday after that Bro. Izso can test Altis and Cruze....:rofl:
Nvm la, get the 16inch rims cruze should be enough for him la xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello..

wats the difference with Zenden 4-2-1 extractor and PowerZone 4-2-1 extractor..?

want ask .. at around selangor area does any shop sell Zenden 4-2-1 extractor for proton saga LMST 1.3...?

tnx for help... :smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience