Choices of cars to buy?

RM100k and brand new car. Which one would you choose?

• VW Polo Sedan 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia Forte 2.0

• Ford Focus Sedan 1.8

• Nissan Sylphy 2.0

• Toyota Vios 1.5

• Chery Eastar 2.0

• Mazda 2 Sedan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If there's one thing I hate more than hybrids, it's big aggressive looking cars like the Cruze using tiny wheels. Since I cannot afford 18" wheels, the Cruze is out of my checklist.

SUVs can forget it. Last time when I was younger there was this one Rexton who I would always bump into along the up/down roads of Help college. Bugger would never give way to me even though he was so much slower in the corners (ok straight line the fella power la). It almost became a ritual for us to 'meet' every week around 1am around that area as I used to haunt that road a lot since my gf used to stay there. Bugger never gave way and purposely accelerated uphill / downhill then braked like an imbecile just before the corner at which I'd overtake either from the inside or outside on the big U-turn just after the downhill to head towards Parliment. Made me come to hate SUVs a lot cuz that guy was an ass.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If there's one thing I hate more than hybrids, it's big aggressive looking cars like the Cruze using tiny wheels. Since I cannot afford 18" wheels, the Cruze is out of my checklist.

SUVs can forget it. Last time when I was younger there was this one Rexton who I would always bump into along the up/down roads of Help college. Bugger would never give way to me even though he was so much slower in the corners (ok straight line the fella power la). It almost became a ritual for us to 'meet' every week around 1am around that area as I used to haunt that road a lot since my gf used to stay there. Bugger never gave way and purposely accelerated uphill / downhill then braked like an imbecile just before the corner at which I'd overtake either from the inside or outside on the big U-turn just after the downhill to head towards Parliment. Made me come to hate SUVs a lot cuz that guy was an ass.
Cruze is not big lah, and not so aggressive looking too IMHO. Just upgrade to 17 should be good looking enough without busting the wallet too much. Even I'm also only using 17 for my Mark X. Many suggested me to use 18 or even 19 to look nicer but for what. Low-normal powered car, why need big wheels anyway? Will just end up making a big hole in the pocket for rims, tires, and fuel, plus maybe medical for back pain!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Cruze is not big lah, and not so aggressive looking too IMHO. Just upgrade to 17 should be good looking enough without busting the wallet too much. Even I'm also only using 17 for my Mark X. Many suggested me to use 18 or even 19 to look nicer but for what. Low-normal powered car, why need big wheels anyway? Will just end up making a big hole in the pocket for rims, tires, and fuel, plus maybe medical for back pain!
Hmm... well ok. Point taken. Still waiting for Saturday.

Oh and "good news". The Unser in my family is being changed to a Eastar so I no longer need to think about family 7-seater. LOL.

:biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

The rims are smaller but the tyre diameter same size mah! higher profile, not so nice looking only...:biggrin:
Like bro. 6UESt mentioned can change to 17", in fact got Lancer GT on 18" change to 17" even...:hmmmm:

Aiyah! that is not a reason to hate SUV, because of that S.O.B....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The rims are smaller but the tyre diameter same size mah! higher profile, not so nice looking only...:biggrin:
Like bro. 6UESt mentioned can change to 17", in fact got Lancer GT on 18" change to 17" even...:hmmmm:

Aiyah! that is not a reason to hate SUV, because of that S.O.B....:biggrin:
Well... if I start driving a SUV now it'll look like (to me) I gave up and joined the crowd. His crowd. I'm a chauvanist that way. LOL (For all you know he might have gone and gotten himself a Wira A/B... LOL)

I know la.. my Wira went from 16" to 15" and now it looks kinda small. Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I think go look see look see the Cruze 1st, only know whether is nice or not. :biggrin:

16 inch okay ma, just fatter tyres like the syphilis 16" also :biggrin:

Unless you go for the year 2012 model. Cheaper a bit.
This one seems to be the new model but I think should be manufactured in year 2012

Chevrolet Cruze 1.8 - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

Chevrolet Cruze (A)1.8 Special Edition - Cars for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

http://www.mudah.my/Chevrolet+Cruze+Shiftronic+New+Facelift-20101964.htm

Wonder how these guys can sell new Cruze at lower price than market price by few thousands.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Cruze

Chevrolet Cruze

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
f....k..

my altis is on 16-inchers...

:vollkommenauf::frown::marchmellow:

i am hurt from Izso words...
Mine also on 16inches, was recommended to change to 17 inch, have to save up for that,
go for lightweight rims.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
f....k..

Hmm.. perhaps you're like me. Function over form. Performance gains from smaller lighter rims outweighs the way it looks. And I can't afford expensive tyres.

Ok folks, see you all sat

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
f....k..

That on came standard. Now you waiting to bald those tyres only.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Mine also on 16inches, was recommended to change to 17 inch, have to save up for that,
go for lightweight rims.
This is the way to go, upgrade next round....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Hmm.. perhaps you're like me. Function over form. Performance gains from smaller lighter rims outweighs the way it looks. And I can't afford expensive tyres.

Ok folks, see you all sat
Nope, performance and handling gain from wider, lower profile tyres including looks. Buy the right size can get value for money performance tyres.....:top:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Nope, performance and handling gain from wider, lower profile tyres including looks. Buy the right size can get value for money performance tyres.....:top:
That's debatable. You'll be hard pressed to find lighter 16" rims than my 15" Advantis. Anyway, we're digressing.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That's debatable. You'll be hard pressed to find lighter 16" rims than my 15" Advantis. Anyway, we're digressing.
ha! ha! forgot one thing, depends on the car also.
If Wira, please maintain 15", because the original tyre size is small so no point upgrading.
KC original is 205/55R16 so 215/45R17 or 225/45R17 just nice
Likewise, was actually commenting on the Cruze 16" or 18". 16" will use higher profile tyres, 18" ultra low profile and expensive, therefore 17" could be the the right choice. Handling, ride, performance and cost. Just discussing leh! you may not be interested in the Cruze anyway....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
ha! ha! forgot one thing, depends on the car also.
If Wira, please maintain 15", because the original tyre size is small so no point upgrading.
KC original is 205/55R16 so 215/45R17 or 225/45R17 just nice
Likewise, was actually commenting on the Cruze 16" or 18". 16" will use higher profile tyres, 18" ultra low profile and expensive, therefore 17" could be the the right choice. Handling, ride, performance and cost. Just discussing leh! you may not be interested in the Cruze anyway....:biggrin:
Maybe Izso has a strong feeling that he will like Cruze leh...actually I love the design, just felt that is suppose to be at least a 2.0L instead of a 1.8L. Got to match the looks a bit. But has a nice hp figure at 140ps@6200rpm and 176nm@3799rpm.

For a family car and long distance traveling, is a nice car to have. Is a step on the pedal and drive kind of car. Well that's how A/T Cars' operate :biggrin:

205/55/16 is the same tyre as my current Altis :biggrin:, I think 225/45/17 will look nicer but
then worry about aquaplane. Maybe just stick to 215/45/17. Cheaper also :biggrin:

Last edited:

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
That on came standard. Now you waiting to bald those tyres only.....:biggrin:
aiyah so fast pecah my tembelang...

btw i memang aim for 225/45/17 next already... hehe

Maybe Izso has a strong feeling that he will like Cruze leh...actually I love the design, just felt that is suppose to be at least a 2.0L instead of a 1.8L. Got to match the looks a bit. But has a nice hp figure at 140ps@6200rpm and 176nm@3799rpm.

For a family car and long distance traveling, is a nice car to have. Is a step on the pedal and drive kind of car. Well that's how A/T Cars' operate :biggrin:

205/55/16 is the same tyre as my current Altis :biggrin:, I think 225/45/17 will look nicer but
then worry about aquaplane. Maybe just stick to 215/45/17. Cheaper also :biggrin:
nice figures but my altis have 240 NM from 1500 - 4500 rpm
even nicer...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

even nicer...
Your Altis where can compare with Cruze la bro. Yours new technology and with Dual VVT-i engine.
Only my model can compare with it :rofl:

Cause same Torque as me 176nm and top speed slightly higher than mine at 136hp.
But then for an aging car, I don't think is still at 136hp. But still responsive to me :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
speaking of aquaplane, I've done that with my stock 205/45/16 tyres in the past going down my favorite stretch of road. Bloody scary.

I like the way the Cruze looks. But again guys - my wife la. If she can't see over the dash also no point. So gotta go there look see then decide. That's a lot of car searching we gonna do this weekend.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
speaking of aquaplane, I've done that with my stock 205/45/16 tyres in the past going down my favorite stretch of road. Bloody scary.

I like the way the Cruze looks. But again guys - my wife la. If she can't see over the dash also no point. So gotta go there look see then decide. That's a lot of car searching we gonna do this weekend.
See if the seats can be adjusted higher, or just put a pillow on the seats to increase the height
of it. I too can't really see over the dash, but most modern cars are like that nowadays.

If can see over the dash, is more likely our head already touching the roof.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

To me 215/45R17 will be better. Less chances of aquaplane, tyres cheaper, overall diameter smaller, so won't rob too much engine power too. If yours is with mod engine then can go 225

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

even nicer...
Yours can, Car bigger and more powerful....:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Like mentioned depends on the car. For Wira 205 can be quite wide already, unless use for dry.
Heavy cars can go wider. Like mine using 215, but 225 should be the limit. If big Mercs, then can go to 245 even and so on, but still the super sports car with 300 upwards width do have serious aquaplane problem too....:smokin:

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

See if the seats can be adjusted higher, or just put a pillow on the seats to increase the height
of it. I too can't really see over the dash, but most modern cars are like that nowadays.

If can see over the dash, is more likely our head already touching the roof.
Put pillow defeats the purpose of a comfortable body hugging seat.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
To me 215/45R17 will be better. Less chances of aquaplane, tyres cheaper, overall diameter smaller, so won't rob too much engine power too. If yours is with mod engine then can go 225

Yours can, Car bigger and more powerful....:rolleyes:

Like mentioned depends on the car. For Wira 205 can be quite wide already, unless use for dry.
Heavy cars can go wider. Like mine using 215, but 225 should be the limit. If big Mercs, then can go to 245 even and so on, but still the super sports car with 300 upwards width do have serious aquaplane problem too....:smokin:

Put pillow defeats the purpose of a comfortable body hugging seat.....:biggrin:
Yup, unless mine is converted to Corolla XRS :rofl: then can go for 225.

But saw a Wira putting BMW rims, and the tyre offset I think kinda big and tyres width are big
too...got chance will take photo to show u.

Status
Not open for further replies.