Kuala Lumpur
Which one is a better choice for Myvi ?

Care to share your thoughts/experience?

Thank you

Areoulz

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Malaysia
Go for K3VET bro. For MYVI, better look for Turbo R or GTti version. Less hassle on the engine mounting plus it kind of Type R version for YRV. Mean a bit faster than normal YRV K3VET.

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
With RM 10k as budget I would say might not be able to get the best out of it ;) My POV is as below...

YRV - RM 5000 (Whole Engine only)
Installation is around RM 2000 includes all parts (gaskets/engine oil etc.)
Piggyback ECU - RM 1.5K (with tuning)

BOT (D'Pro) - RM 7K (Including installation and ECU tuning)

And don't forget the brakes and suspension, you won't wanna run on BOT/YRV but with stock suspension/brakes ;) Those will cost another few more Ks for a decent setup :)

Furai

Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
I see, Do you know where I can get K3-VET-R and how much does it costs?

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

With RM 10k as budget I would say might not be able to get the best out of it ;) My POV is as below...

YRV - RM 5000 (Whole Engine only)
Installation is around RM 2000 includes all parts (gaskets/engine oil etc.)
Piggyback ECU - RM 1.5K (with tuning)

BOT (D'Pro) - RM 7K (Including installation and ECU tuning)

And don't forget the brakes and suspension, you won't wanna run on BOT/YRV but with stock suspension/brakes ;) Those will cost another few more Ks for a decent setup :)
lets say money is not a problem here, which would you say is a better choice?

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
lets say money is not a problem here, which would you say is a better choice?
If money is NOT and issue for you, I'll suggest you go for K3VET for stability because the engine was built as a turbo ;) But make sure you get one with decent condition...if not you'll end up paying a lot to rebuilt the engine...and YRV-R is 'RARE among the RARES' so I don't think you can find any now...not with the RM 5K price tag at least...

Areoulz

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Malaysia
Agree with jun_ng_1208. If somewhat U manage to find these type, better go buy a toto after u buy that engine.. :biggrin::biggrin:

When i got mine, never knew it was the 'R' version until I join the club and meeting people..

Furai

Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Agree with jun_ng_1208. If somewhat U manage to find these type, better go buy a toto after u buy that engine.. :biggrin::biggrin:

When i got mine, never knew it was the 'R' version until I join the club and meeting people..
Do you know the exact engine specs for K3-vet-R ?

Areoulz

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Malaysia
I dunno bout the exact HP for the 'R' version. Some say 140hp. but for sure, the pistons a little bit bigger than normal turbo YRV. plus the coil is different, has 'Igniter' box which the normal version don't have, two O² sensor, 220 meter, and no speed cut..