Choices of cars to buy?

RM100k and brand new car. Which one would you choose?

• VW Polo Sedan 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia Forte 2.0

• Ford Focus Sedan 1.8

• Nissan Sylphy 2.0

• Toyota Vios 1.5

• Chery Eastar 2.0

• Mazda 2 Sedan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
wtf.. I knew there was something fishy. I know KCNG drives a Jetta. So was wondering where this Altis came into the picture. Jetta is way out of my budget range so I'm not test driving a Jetta bloody hell. :thefinger:

SupraFan : I'm still giving it a lot of thought. Practicality and space it's the Syphillis. Undeniably the most spacious and all. But the features is rubbish. 2 lousy airbags and no ISOFIX point for my child seat. ABS and EBD is just the norm these days for cars in this price range. The Kia Forte is 6 airbags but a lot of teething problems reported online, same goes for the Sylphy (in ZTH even!) so I'm kinda stuck on choosing the 'right' car.

My main reason for changing cars is to reduce the amount of maintenance costs for one of my old cars. Polo Sedan and Mazda 3 is now having a promo on some 5+5 thing. I wonder how much rebate they can give for the Mazda 3.
izso, problems is small matter when u fall in love with the car u buy.
its what i learnt.just got myself booking the preve recently.
it has space, safety and practicality.
btw dat is the only new car range i can afford at the moment.
heck i can only afford proton n perodua for new cars. :smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Elantra is indeed very spacious, but the door panels interior mostly all look very plastic and fragile. Look cheap for the price of RM90K+
car.

Is almost the same as the Preve that cost RM80K+- but that is proton so is understandable. So if going for Elantra,
can actually consider Preve but too bad Izso dun like the design of Preve :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
heck i can only afford proton n perodua for new cars. :smokin:
:listen: change government you might be able to afford toyota, mazda, volkswagen

How is a Mazda 3 more spacious than a Lanspira? There's no car without problems one. Just hope you don't get a lemon. The simpler the car is in terms of technology, the less issues you have, e.g. Vios, Myvi. Proton own models are an exemption because took them 20 years to get power window right.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
:biggrin:
can be a troll bait also ma....

cheh.... troll fail

when u say old car, it means your wira or myvi?

actually the mazda 3 has one of the smallest rear bench in class... seriously... i honestly think a wira rear bench will have slightly more space then the mazda 3... not the mention that for the mazda 3, the center person in the rear bench will suffer the worst due to how the seats is designed..

if u wan to know more about mazda 3 rebate, u want me to hook u up with my mazda sales person?

as for the polo, since its running a MPI engine with a traditional torque converter gearbox, u will be assured of its reliability unlike the more fragile TSI + DSG combo... of course trade off is that u will not have the power or super quick up-shifting feel of the TSI + DSG combo la...

now tell me which car has no problem?
question is which model do u personally think that will have the least chance of poping an issue?

maybe u can do it this way, list down what u want in a car according to priority and then only based on the priority list, u match it to the closest brand that have what u need...
:hmmmm:
Yes, all cars have their own problems. Some less, some more, but also depends on your own luck for the one taken by you....:biggrin:

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
Yes, all cars have their own problems. Some less, some more, but also depends on your own luck for the one taken by you....:biggrin:
agree...

my altis... just 600 km on the clock... vvt/camshaft actuator issue...
check engine light came out...

report for warranty and got it fixed without hassle..
:rofl:
best part is, the real cause of error is loose connection...

but let that CB DT laff die at me...
:thefinger:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Why not go test drive the Toyota Altis 1.8 Dual VVT-i, I think it meets your criteria in terms
of getting a comfortable family car with enough torque for overtaking and also sufficient power
to drive around with. Good FC is always famous for Toyota as well thought is not your concern.
Thanks, if I do decide to go look see the Altis I'll get in touch with you to talk to that friend yeah? Btw, the Altis rear leg room still loses to the Syphillis.

And right now the only two things I am hating about the Syphillis is that you can actually call it "The Syphillis" and the rear drums. I hate DIY changing drum pads... stupidly difficult.

izso, problems is small matter when u fall in love with the car u buy.
Yeah true. But my mood changes everytime I am forced to take the Myvi out. I get cranky easy and I hate the world. So it's not really falling in love, it has to be love at first sight otherwise it'll be hard to like it la.

Preve is a good car. I've seen it, sat in it, driven it and quite honestly it's great. But I just can't get over the looks. It's too weirdly proportioned.

izso...elantra also within your budget ma....
get the 1.6 enuf lo..
2 friends in the office have one. The 1.6 is... similar to the Forte 1.6 in terms of performance. Nice city driver but when pushed a bit more it struggles. Overtaking is a pain. The 1.8 is that tiny little bit better than the 1.6. I dunno.. I absolutely love the looks and the interior is pretty nice (though plasticky.. but which car isn't in this price bracket?) but the driving experience isn't what I was expecting. I got a better kick from the Forte 2.0.

:listen: change government you might be able to afford toyota, mazda, volkswagen

How is a Mazda 3 more spacious than a Lanspira? There's no car without problems one. Just hope you don't get a lemon. The simpler the car is in terms of technology, the less issues you have, e.g. Vios, Myvi. Proton own models are an exemption because took them 20 years to get power window right.
I never said the Mazda 3 was more spacious! I just said it had that 5 + 5 offer going on which is pretty good. But like what Danz or someone else said - the rear legroom is pathetic. The older model was bigger and more spacious. If I ever come across any expats selling the older model Mazda 3 I probably will buy it. Office mate has one and she's lovin' it.

Dude.. you really gotta get with the program. I...don't...like...the...Inspira. It's not spacious at the back and I hate the gearbox. Manual is not in the equation cuz my wife has to be able to drive the car and she can't drive manuals.

Ford Focus hatch?
The Ford Focus sedan I listed is better. :biggrin: But Ford cars are ridiculously expensive to maintain (the Focus is anyway) and I'm quite sure I'm crossing this Ford off my list cuz it's just too expensive. Look at the cost of the parts and you'll agree with me.

If I have to rely on luck for a 100k car, I think I'd have plenty of right to scream and shout at the manufacturer if I get a lemon. You hear lots of lemon stories in cars cheaper than this but rarely in the 100k region.

And guys.. the discussion (more like debate) between my wife and me on which car to sell is still on-going. My Wira or her Myvi. The Myvi would be more practical though since it fetches a higher value.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The latest dilemma is easy, sell the Myvi now while its worth something.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The latest dilemma is easy, sell the Myvi now while its worth something.
You see, this is why we never argue about anything. Cuz we have exactly the same ideas and thoughts.

I like you. In a friendly sort of way. :biggrin:

That's exactly what I told her. LOL

Mar 13, 2013
Australia
That is a usual type of requirement you got over there sir, and it might benefit you to choose a car easily. Though i am not a owner of any one of the car. But my cousin owns a Toyota Vios. Its a very comfortable car and very environmental friendly. Smooth driving as well. I have no idea about the maintenance yet, but i might be having a conversation with him and let you know about its expenses :)
car electrician brisbane

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That is a usual type of requirement you got over there sir, and it might benefit you to choose a car easily. Though i am not a owner of any one of the car. But my cousin owns a Toyota Vios. Its a very comfortable car and very environmental friendly. Smooth driving as well. I have no idea about the maintenance yet, but i might be having a conversation with him and let you know about its expenses :)
Hey hi there. You're in Aust? If so the maintenance expenses are very different here in Malaysia. The Vios is a very cheap car to maintain in comparison to the list I've listed out (except perhaps the Ford. You Aussies might get Ford parts cheaper than we do).

I don't understand how the Vios is environmentally friendly though.

Eh, missed out the Peugeot 408...

Turbo version got 240nm torque..
HUGE boot space..
No no and no. No French cars for me. Apart from the fact that French cars in M'sia are completely unreliable, my neighbor has one and I hate that sonnovabitch. I refuse to buy a car that he has.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If I have to rely on luck for a 100k car, I think I'd have plenty of right to scream and shout at the manufacturer if I get a lemon. You hear lots of lemon stories in cars cheaper than this but rarely in the 100k region.
Rare, but still have. One of my friend had that issue (can't remember the details) send back to SC to check. SC mentioned not a common problem only yours have....my friend went :mad: That is why I mention luck....:biggrin:

Looks like you need to combine a few cars together. Power of this car, comfort of the other car, reliability of another, etc. etc......kakakakaka:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

No no and no. No French cars for me. Apart from the fact that French cars in M'sia are completely unreliable, my neighbor has one and I hate that sonnovabitch. I refuse to buy a car that he has.
hahahahaha....very good reason.....:rofl::rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Thanks, if I do decide to go look see the Altis I'll get in touch with you to talk to that friend yeah? Btw, the Altis rear leg room still loses to the Syphillis.

And right now the only two things I am hating about the Syphillis is that you can actually call it "The Syphillis" and the rear drums. I hate DIY changing drum pads... stupidly difficult.

Yeah true. But my mood changes everytime I am forced to take the Myvi out. I get cranky easy and I hate the world. So it's not really falling in love, it has to be love at first sight otherwise it'll be hard to like it la.

Preve is a good car. I've seen it, sat in it, driven it and quite honestly it's great. But I just can't get over the looks. It's too weirdly proportioned.

2 friends in the office have one. The 1.6 is... similar to the Forte 1.6 in terms of performance. Nice city driver but when pushed a bit more it struggles. Overtaking is a pain. The 1.8 is that tiny little bit better than the 1.6. I dunno.. I absolutely love the looks and the interior is pretty nice (though plasticky.. but which car isn't in this price bracket?) but the driving experience isn't what I was expecting. I got a better kick from the Forte 2.0.

I never said the Mazda 3 was more spacious! I just said it had that 5 + 5 offer going on which is pretty good. But like what Danz or someone else said - the rear legroom is pathetic. The older model was bigger and more spacious. If I ever come across any expats selling the older model Mazda 3 I probably will buy it. Office mate has one and she's lovin' it.

Dude.. you really gotta get with the program. I...don't...like...the...Inspira. It's not spacious at the back and I hate the gearbox. Manual is not in the equation cuz my wife has to be able to drive the car and she can't drive manuals.

The Ford Focus sedan I listed is better. :biggrin: But Ford cars are ridiculously expensive to maintain (the Focus is anyway) and I'm quite sure I'm crossing this Ford off my list cuz it's just too expensive. Look at the cost of the parts and you'll agree with me.

And guys.. the discussion (more like debate) between my wife and me on which car to sell is still on-going. My Wira or her Myvi. The Myvi would be more practical though since it fetches a higher value.
:laugh: The Syphilis was creatively uttered out by my old man :rofl:
Such as Armpit Bank and etcs :rofl:

When it 1st launch, my dad already mentioned what a stupid name Nissan gave that car
Sylphy sounds more like a Syphilis car.

Guess the car do have sexually transmitted infection by having brake drums
transmitted for a 2.0L car :rofl:

You see, this is why we never argue about anything. Cuz we have exactly the same ideas and thoughts.

I like you. In a friendly sort of way. :biggrin:

That's exactly what I told her. LOL
Ya, let me know, always happy to help out.

Yup, agree with Ixeo to sell the Myvi, selling the Hero won't get you much at all by looking
at the market rate for 2nd hand Heroes...

From Hero to Zero....:frown:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I can tell that in you mind now...almost 70% is full of sylphy already..

But I do not understand why you need such a large leg room for the read seats. May I know how tall are you? Not to say that i dont give a damn for the rear seat leg rooms when choosing a car but not to that extend :biggrin: You mentioned that when you pushed back the driving seat there would be almost no leg room, in some models discussed.

To me, lets take inspira and Altis as an example. The rear leg rooms are ok to me..still comfortable. I am 172cm tall and 67kg, size of an average person I believe? Of course when I sit in a Cefiro, I feel more comfortable. But merely for only few secs then I forget how big is the gap between my knees and the seat in front. Unless I sit in a kancil, then I feel tight...but for short distance it doesnt really bother me as well. Unless put me in there and drive to outstation. The point is, how often do you carry more than 1 passenger at the rear. If it is very often, for example you often bring you parents out in your car and want them to be very vey comfortable, then you have your point. If it is not...i think no need so hardcore bah.

Slyphy doesnt has ISOFIX? It is now an important feature...safety to your children...and will you consider Nissan Grand Livina? My boss is driving one and he is happy with it. He has 2 children and usually his wife will be at the middle row taking care of the children (occupy the whole row coz need more space), while his parents can occupy the front passenger and most rear passenger seat.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
izso need a comfortable rear seats cos he wants to put his kid in the front passenger seat while his wife drives the car
& he sits behind like a boss...hehe...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
izso need a comfortable rear seats cos he wants to put his kid in the front passenger seat while his wife drives the car
& he sits behind like a boss...hehe...
Aiyah! you beat me to it.....posting this.....:rofl:

Probably Bro. Izso must be bigger in size. I am a 6 footer and I always prefer cars with more space..:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Is true that the Syphilis leg room is bigger but then, how many passengers have such big legs that needed that much space?
Unless the front passengers are real tall that they need to push the seats further back.

Other than that, standard position and height of the front driver and passengers, the rear seat leg room is sufficient and
comfortable enough.

No need think too much already bro, I still think Altis is the car for u and suits ur criteria more :top:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Where to find good chop-shop in malacca which carry stuff like exhaust n etc... Can anyone please list it down for me or not the address??

thanks..
:D
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience