• Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Probably run amok since parents didn't get him the car that he really wanted. Father must have said, "I want to see your SPM result first than we can talk about buying a car. If not, shut the hell up and GTFO" :rofl:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Vr2, my ride during school time is also either Foh Up Omnibus, STS Yellow bus or the No.11 bus which is my leg....if miss the bus then Cialat...walk la....still remember those chrome seat frame with torn cushion...then the lift up type wooden frame window or the sliding aluminium type the windows always jam one...pray hard that it won't rain when you seat beside the window....no AC and the ring to stop the bus like fire alarm one...if press no sound faster faster shout uncle stop stop....Hahahaha.....

Look at that driver side CAI...

And this type of tickets....

pictures credit to original photo owners..

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Damn TR those pictures brought back memories....sniff....

Although I've never taken Foh Hup, but I can still remember receiving the ticket issued by the bus conductor when I was a kid taking the Bas Mini from Ampang with my sister go to Ampang Park for jalan2 hahaha. The seat, window and bell? oh yeah fond memories heheh.

Reminds me a story of a friend of mine who took this kind of old school bus (can't remember what company long time already). As he was enjoying the scenery after a hard days work, out of nowhere a foul stench came lingering in the bus. Everyone was kind of pissed and frustrated. All of a sudden a pakcik suddenly shouted "BABI". My friend was like...what the hell, relax ah pakcik. Even the passengers were shocked. Knowing that it was kind of an awkward moment, the pakcik quickly told everyone "tu...lori babi". :rofl:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah those were the days...

More often than not the bus engine runs noisier than the bell,

Sometimes got to run to the front when the bell didnt work or the bus driver dont seems to hear the bell....

Otherwise if the bus passes the bus stop, it wouldnt stop until the next stop....

From A want to go to B, ended up in C,

Walking from C to B is even further than walking from A to B.....:banghead:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Haha.... still remember when miss the station the uncle bus will slow down n tell u to jump off (no door ma...) lol...

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Damn TR those pictures brought back memories....sniff....

Although I've never taken Foh Hup, but I can still remember receiving the ticket issued by the bus conductor when I was a kid taking the Bas Mini from Ampang with my sister go to Ampang Park for jalan2 hahaha. The seat, window and bell? oh yeah fond memories heheh.

Reminds me a story of a friend of mine who took this kind of old school bus (can't remember what company long time already). As he was enjoying the scenery after a hard days work, out of nowhere a foul stench came lingering in the bus. Everyone was kind of pissed and frustrated. All of a sudden a pakcik suddenly shouted "BABI". My friend was like...what the hell, relax ah pakcik. Even the passengers were shocked. Knowing that it was kind of an awkward moment, the pakcik quickly told everyone "tu...lori babi". :rofl:
Yah! at one time, the monster on the road, the Bas MINI. Now also no more.....

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I think for students, best to get a car that is less problematic and easy to maintain...local brand will be a good choice.

vr2, they are given nick name as the pink panther......very notorious for speeding and zig zag in and out of traffic....see this pink panther near your rear view mirror faster faster give way...Hahahahahaha

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
I think for students, best to get a car that is less problematic and easy to maintain...local brand will be a good choice.

vr2, they are given nick name as the pink panther......very notorious for speeding and zig zag in and out of traffic....see this pink panther near your rear view mirror faster faster give way...Hahahahahaha
The pink mini bus is the best and most efficient transporter in KL history. Back then, if you were in a hurry you think of mini bus instead of cab. Cheap and efficient. How much was the fare by the way I forgot? hehe. They were the best cornering kakis, swinging left and right with full passenger load yet still won't flip over, but people screaming like hell la.
Too bad we don't have it now.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The pink mini bus is the best and most efficient transporter in KL history. Back then, if you were in a hurry you think of mini bus instead of cab. Cheap and efficient. How much was the fare by the way I forgot? hehe. They were the best cornering kakis, swinging left and right with full passenger load yet still won't flip over, but people screaming like hell la.
Too bad we don't have it now.
Yup, when full the people hanging for dear life. Some even half the body outside the door.....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Now still can get ticket ma, from Metrobus, which they zig zag even more dangerous than those pink panther...stop anytime, anywhere and anyway they like...

Last edited:

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
If I recall, before they colour the bas mini pink, it was a different colour. Either green or blue. If bus mini zig zag nowadays, for sure a lot of road accidents or breakdown due to engine cannot tahan the shear magnitude of KL traffic jam nowadays. You really gotta respect the drivers for the bas mini. I would presume the conductor and the bus driver work together. I remember the conductor would usually stand at the staircase and he / she will provide another set of eyes for the bus driver.

I don't think that there are a lot of bus drivers nowadays that have driven the bas mini before. Not sure if I posted this before, but I heard that a lot of bas mini drivers drove Intrakotas and other buses from other bus companies after it was slowly phased out back then.

I do pity the younger generation for not being able to experience the old school buses. If the bus mini were to be revived now, I don't think it would be used at how it was in the past. Probably used as a means to ferry tourists or people who want to experience KL in a bas mini.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
If I recall, before they colour the bas mini pink, it was a different colour. Either green or blue. If bus mini zig zag nowadays, for sure a lot of road accidents or breakdown due to engine cannot tahan the shear magnitude of KL traffic jam nowadays. You really gotta respect the drivers for the bas mini. I would presume the conductor and the bus driver work together. I remember the conductor would usually stand at the staircase and he / she will provide another set of eyes for the bus driver.

I don't think that there are a lot of bus drivers nowadays that have driven the bas mini before. Not sure if I posted this before, but I heard that a lot of bas mini drivers drove Intrakotas and other buses from other bus companies after it was slowly phased out back then.

I do pity the younger generation for not being able to experience the old school buses. If the bus mini were to be revived now, I don't think it would be used at how it was in the past. Probably used as a means to ferry tourists or people who want to experience KL in a bas mini.
Ya it has gone for good. But the "masuk dalam! masuk dalam!" still reverberates in my heart. It was good old day.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
These old school buses still have in PJ Old Town area.....but very few left.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ya it has gone for good. But the "masuk dalam! masuk dalam!" still reverberates in my heart. It was good old day.
Try Metrobus to refresh our good old days...still got "Masuk Dalam, Masuk Dalam" :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Have not taken a bus ride for many many many many many many many many years...........:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Have not taken a bus ride for many many many many many many many many years...........:driver:
Enjoying life la bro....:rofl:
I still at least take LRT :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

brake pad plays a very big role in your braking efficiency, try seeking advice from the autocrossers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience