Car for student ?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Next thing I can think off, is his job not stable. After change job to another place he just shift house.....:biggrin:

Possible. Jumping company I guess..

Man, after I finished SPM had to take the Intrakota Bus to college, took the putra and star LRT, and take the shuttle bus (which is an old Bas Mini) from STAR LRT to my home in Ampang. Sometimes car pool with my sis if she's heading to damansara. Lucky kids nowadays. I started 'owning' my rolla at the age of 21 :driver:. Itupun after my dad couldn't drive manual and the car not used on occasional basis, since it was considered as a 2nd car. Mind you, even i so call inherit the car, petrol, servicing, maintenance, road tax all my own money. luckily he cover the insurance...phew.

Today you say you want an AE101 corolla. 6 months later, you want a civic type r. After that, you want evo pulak. At that age, you tend to be rambang mata with cars. Anyway, if I were you with that 25K go and study la. Your still young. While your studying, work during semester breaks. There are a lot of jobs these days that requires you to work only a short period of time. Earn, save a portion and from there start your plan to own a car / bike / whatever suits you. Jobs and money are hard to come by these days.

25k for a used car? Not trying to discourage you but, even if you get a nice car at that price you have to consider the repairs, the maintenance and etc. Hell, you might be unlucky enough to get a lemon (not as in the fruit. go google the term).

Even at the age of 3x, I still drive my rolla. Considering the money you to fork out these days and my pay, and nak kawin next year, I just have to hold onto that idea.

Sigh, hati mau tukar kereta baru especially the Ford Ranger. Looks yummy and can impress my future father in law :rofl: by filling up the back with kelapa sawit, or bringing back fruits from the dusun. (reminds me of a hilux I saw the other day at MRR2, penuh dgn rambutan, until a few of it dropped on the road). Luckily tak terbalik the hilux, if not a lot of people will be saving the rambutan first before saving the driver :rofl:

P.S: Looks like a lot of you have taken the Intrakota bus before. Correct me if i'm wrong, if I recall, the Intrakota bus was the first bus to have an automatic transmission in KL. They had a long and short bus which look kinda modern at that time compared to the other busses. Everytime naik the hilly terrain before heading to damansara, the intrakota for sure will loose to the other busses that was using manual :rofl:

Last edited:
Intrakota bus timing sucks badly is what I can say, Cityliner I seldom get on those...

Buroq....hahah damn man. u n me same la...also target pickup but the dmax. looks damn like escalade and also to impress the father in law. but $$$ needs to be spent elsewhere so still stuck with first wife

Haha... i take FOH HUP bus only which is those no aircond old bus double clutching when change gear(maybe same with v2 bro 1) I bet only old timer seen it B4. U all lucky can extend your education, me family no money so straight to full time work after spm, take buses n walking only.

PS. i keep telling myself i'm not that old, in my early 30.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

Buroq....hahah damn man. u n me same la...also target pickup but the dmax. looks damn like escalade and also to impress the father in law. but $$$ needs to be spent elsewhere so still stuck with first wife

How many u wan...? hehe...:adore:

Hahahah looks like i'm not the only one trying to impress father in law :rofl:

No choice but to make do with what we have man. If later, I cannot financially support my family nanti my future father in law bring out his senapang, aku jugak susah haha.

Well all the best to both of us in owning our dream pickup :biggrin:

Haha... i take FOH HUP bus only which is those no aircond old bus double clutching when change gear(maybe same with v2 bro 1) I bet only old timer seen it B4. U all lucky can extend your education, me family no money so straight to full time work after spm, take buses n walking only.

PS. i keep telling myself i'm not that old, in my early 30.

Oh! got oldie here? Bro Dayline, yah! when change gear the driver rev, rev, then hear geeeaarr, geeearr, trying to engage next gear......:biggrin::biggrin:
Same here, big family then, one income, no private U, it was either MU or overseas and that was out of the question....Hard life but made in through rank and file since got no papers.....:proud:

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

Hahahah looks like i'm not the only one trying to impress father in law :rofl:

No choice but to make do with what we have man. If later, I cannot financially support my family nanti my future father in law bring out his senapang, aku jugak susah haha.

Well all the best to both of us in owning our dream pickup :biggrin:

Pick up dream is not impossible. You can achieve it later on in life leh....:listen:
If you say dream of Ferrari or "Lembu Genie" then could be dream only..........:hmmmm:

Nowadays, CR-Z or Civic or Altis or Prius is good enough to impress the in laws :rofl:

Depends loh! Not all in laws the same. Some will see your house not car.....:banghead:

One of my ex colleague better still, married now stay with the in laws.....:biggrin:

Must have married a rich man's daughter then :rofl:
One of the easiest way to get rich is just court a rich man's daughter. But I bet these girls
are not gonna be easy to handle. The pampered type...

Must have married a rich man's daughter then :rofl:
One of the easiest way to get rich is just court a rich man's daughter. But I bet these girls
are not gonna be easy to handle. The pampered type...

Don't know about his wife. Only had dinner with them once or twice so cannot tell.... :hmmmm:

car for students??

kancil enough....small easy to park in crowded school/college parking lot....light and easy to move with some help from frens if got stuck....

:biggrin: :rofl:

cheap fuel..cheap to run...cheap to repair....fits student's bill....

Ya, love the Kelisa, go places that is packed with cars, small space can just fit the kelisa haha!

Kelisa still not so agile like kancil. I have seen kancil park at 90 degree of the parking lot.....:stupid:

Best car to park, I think get Smart for two la haha! Park 90 degree, is just an idiot parker...

Yes, but that one hell of expensive.....:banghead:

Saw before, got one small space not a parking spot, but the Smart for two just reverse in
ngam ngam fit at 1 utama :adore:

Yeah, now cant remember 2nd hand how much...90K?

smart for 2 not that expensive lorrr...

even brand new around rm60k+- if i remember....

and one time mercedes benz salesman offer me (while doing some job at their dealer) the brand new (but used as test drive unit) car for only 45k.. :biggrin: lucky i'm not really into that car....even tough the engine was similar to kancil turbo 660cc 3cylinder, but no manual option....only 3speed or 4speed auto if i remember correctly.... :adore:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom