Campro 1.6 Super-Charged?

JCV

Jun 13, 2010
JOhor
Sooorryy frennn... away from shore... and bz with work.. =)

Airmund bro
sory 4 late reply...where r u fix da SC? mike place? last b4 am leaving, as i can recall, mike
bz install/fix SC into 1 Car...is that u?

risyia bro (look like familiar nickname hihihihi)
4 da 1st time running...yes it was.. bad idling & vibrate...long piping (i gues), bcause, mine fix with FMIC, so air traveling from Filter to the Intake become longer compare to the original setup. Sumore, got leaking, hose/jointer/gasket not properly fix, after careful checking & fix all that things, the result, Yes...the idling still not good but more better compare from the 1st run. After that send 4 tuning my Ultimate at RMD (along & rafi) and end result is OK.. not perfect, but sounds good & smooth... btw am not using ABV

The other result is without FMIC/TMIC (fren of mine) using same SC (SC14), the different is without FMIC/TMIC & short piping, from my observation, they dun have any problem with idling/vibration (because of bad idling, sumtime too-high/too-low can cause engine vibration), just minor, but not so obvious, after tuning, all become good & smooth...

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
anyone heard of rotrex? they sell centrifugal superchargers. the setup is quite simple but i dunno bout the price if we would want to custom a kit for campro..anyway the compressor spins hi speed like a turbo's..

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

one question bro..if the sc can on/off, and the airflow must go tru the sc after the tb, what happens to the airflow during sc off? surely airflow will be impeded by the fins of the sc which is not turning due to the magnetic clutch not engaged, right?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if not mistaken there was some sorts of bypass valve during SC pulley of..forgot the detail.... :adore:

JCV

Jun 13, 2010
JOhor

phantomRX8 bro

Yes it is and ABV (Air Bypass Valve) is the key and way. When we OFF the SC, air traveling from
TB to Intake become far, in addition, if use FMIC that will become far2 away. This term we call it
"RESTRICTION". so to reduce the "RESTRICTION" we need ABV, the air can bypass from SC/Blower
(less air go through SC/Blower bcause SC itself already consider as RESTRICTION/Obstruction/Obstacle).

As for me, I'm not using any type of ABV, so far the engine still running good & smooth without any problem.
Just ON the SC when needed...like overtaking, climb up...Others than that like a normal N/A...

Many article about technical term benefit ABV like VE, Fuel efficiency out there, just google it.

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site

phantomRX8 bro

Yes it is and ABV (Air Bypass Valve) is the key and way. When we OFF the SC, air traveling from
TB to Intake become far, in addition, if use FMIC that will become far2 away. This term we call it
"RESTRICTION". so to reduce the "RESTRICTION" we need ABV, the air can bypass from SC/Blower
(less air go through SC/Blower bcause SC itself already consider as RESTRICTION/Obstruction/Obstacle).

As for me, I'm not using any type of ABV, so far the engine still running good & smooth without any problem.
Just ON the SC when needed...like overtaking, climb up...Others than that like a normal N/A...

Many article about technical term benefit ABV like VE, Fuel efficiency out there, just google it.
i read in a 1UZ forum they used those external wastegates as an ABV. :itsme:

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
ok2 bro jcv..thanx hehe..now i know how they got around the problem..i will google it..anyway what material do they used for the brackets, bro? if in case i have to do it DIY huhu

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

some images i got from surfing around..this is from a satria neo. care to comment on the setup?

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

found out some more info that the supercharged neo was done at now-defunct FTD in usj area

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
imagine doing that on a twin-charged car.

low rpm = supercharger on.
hi-rpm = supercharger off, turbocharger on

hehe :biggrin:

anyhow, i wouldn't use a manual switch.
shift light wud be my preference there. when the shift light is ON, you know the s/c is ON.:nurse:
we had this planned out for quite sumtime dah, but the owner decided not to proceed. what a waste of time ler, anyone wanna do dis ker? hehe.. i planned it years ago, keeping in mind the problems of the superturbo k10, and i found a way to overcome its problem..

i prefer turbocharger still, u wont have much limitation like a superturbo

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

wow, he hooked dat up to the cam pulley.. i can only imagine the accelerated wear on the cam, shudnt have done dat imo.. cams arent equipped with balancers like crank shaft, they arent balanced either. wow, i mean wow..

whose campro sc is dat? how long has it been since it was charged up and run? i wud die to know if its reliable

Last edited:

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
whose campro sc is dat? how long has it been since it was charged up and run? i wud die to know if its reliable

'if i remember correctly' it makes 180bhp atw. i read in zth oso :biggrin:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i hate it when they limit forums to members only, lol

u got the link tak adi? how long ago was dis?

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
someone is selling his turbokit for campro blm stroked to 1.6..rm3500..he got 197whp @ 1.1 bar..looking at the price, i guess turbo is very much affordable than SC made by powerzone etc..although i do like the SC..huhu

azzrizul

Dec 2, 2009
Selangor
if i wan to sc my persona b-line manual can?
how much do u think it will cost?
i heard sc is much more reliable n easy to maintain..
issit true??

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Main - Drive - Parking Douche app shames drivers into changing their ways @ Sat Oct 27 2012

We sorely need this implemented in Malaysia too... especially for douches who use the emergency lane to speed when the traffic's heavy on hiways
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience