buying silvia s15 from singapore

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru
to baorat,,
we malaysian leaving in johor baru and wrkg in singapore...
the advise i can give u is forget bringing the singapore car for some reason...

the main reason u cannot get the singapore version car is bcoz its diff.frm local version..they make it in such a way so there wont be any cross country car robbery..
those in kastam know exactly wats the diff.most shop dont even know..
even proton in singapore is diff. than the malaysian counterpart..

u can buy from any oversea car,japan,australia, etc..but not frm singapore and thailand.
trade ministry will reject ur application..(even though u willing to pay 300% tax)

my advice try to get recon version from esabilished shop.naza or mutiara..(mutiara johor hav a few for around 150K..)

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

if these chop cars so much cheaper, then why aren't many ppl buying from them??
in singapore after 10 years ur car will be scraped or imported..
japan is 3 year..
so i bet those cheap one r from spore cause its already 10 years..
thats why ppl buy halfcut mostly from japan..

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

u mmight argue some of them r only 5 or 6 years...
will u throw ur sport car early if there is nothing wrong?
think again...

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

u mmight argue some of them r only 5 or 6 years...
will u throw ur sport car early if there is nothing wrong?
think again...

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Sure or onot ? Malaysia gets the best imported cars and Singapore gets the disposable ones ? Sounds surreal leh.

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru
no u got me wrong...
imported cars from singapore r mostly around 10 years..compare to those frm japan max.3 years..
even in singapore parellel importers import mostly frm japan..low mileage and only 3 years old..
those cars imported from singapore mostly to 3rd world...africa,indonesia and so on...anyway singapore cars cannot be imported to malaysia...not as a whole cars...half-cut boleh..

borat

Known Member
Jan 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i see. but you see in the market place there got a few dealers from singapore selling sing cars to malaysians. and i observed tat there are quite a lot of buyers. and the guy told me tat if buy from him, he is a dealer btw, the car wil hav a sing plate. and he said the car cant be driven into singapore and the car cant be insured so he ask 2 drive carefully then everything ok. after tat he said if wanna register in malaysia oso can, but need to buy AP which wil cost around RM40k-50k. if do like tis he said can register in malaysia and hav m'sia plate and wil count as recon car. if like tis is quite worth it to me. coz i ask R34 GTR is RM50k then plus AP another RM50k, all in 100k. but im wondering reli can buy AP? not apply? any1 noes?

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
i see. but you see in the market place there got a few dealers from singapore selling sing cars to malaysians. and i observed tat there are quite a lot of buyers. and the guy told me tat if buy from him, he is a dealer btw, the car wil hav a sing plate. and he said the car cant be driven into singapore and the car cant be insured so he ask 2 drive carefully then everything ok. after tat he said if wanna register in malaysia oso can, but need to buy AP which wil cost around RM40k-50k. if do like tis he said can register in malaysia and hav m'sia plate and wil count as recon car. if like tis is quite worth it to me. coz i ask R34 GTR is RM50k then plus AP another RM50k, all in 100k. but im wondering reli can buy AP? not apply? any1 noes?
borat,

i dunno if there are actually Buyers for these singaporean cars from this forum...no real testimony.

anyway,wat jj.v6 said is true. i've checked as well. The ONLY way you can bring in a Singaporean Car is IF u have a Special AP like Student AP. Those are given to those who studied there for more than 2 years and owns a car there, they can bring it back. However, if they do sell the AP to u, the registered name/owner must remain the original Student AP holder's name for the next 2 years or more. So, if u do get this type of AP, the car will not be under your name, and if the student file report against u, u habis la.

Wat i checked with these 'sellers' in here is that they say they can use Local AP's. u c...Local AP's Cannot bring in s'pore/thai cars. So, if assuming they can 'kautim' for u the registration of yr 'new' car from singapore, u will only get the JPJ pink registration card. But if there is a roadblock, n yr car is spotted to be a s'pore scrapped car, there goes yr hard earned money. your car will be confiscated aka SITA.

If you do register as S'pore plate, but cannot go into S'pore, if u DO meet an accident, or if your car total loss, or stolen, etc...or if u somehow got into trouble with the law...habis la. Your hard earned money gone. No insurance. :banghead:

All these risks for some savings. end of the day, u r actually driving an illegal car on the road with the possibility of losing it at any time. Even heard of a case whereby the car inside Workshop repairing oso, Kastam/JPJ passby, check, confiscated the car.

Even if u wanna use as track car, u need a geran...s'pore cars bawak masuk NO geran unless u beli AP Hantu. haha

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Emp

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
JB
These stories means that there is no shortcut to our dream :biggrin: Thx alot for these explanation because I myself had almost tried to falled into these kind of shortcut(aka nice deal) to get a dream car and had much been hoped someone could clarify well on these matter.Once again thx alot for the info's mates!!!

denishsoh99

Known Member
Sep 15, 2009
Melaka
if need to do too much of procedure and money to get that singapore s15,why dont u decide to buy in malaysia,as i know now on recond oni 13+k with 70-80% loanable!!spend another 30k to modified wat u wish!! izit better???:biggrin:

borat

Known Member
Jan 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if need to do too much of procedure and money to get that singapore s15,why dont u decide to buy in malaysia,as i know now on recond oni 13+k with 70-80% loanable!!spend another 30k to modified wat u wish!! izit better???:biggrin:
wat do you mean actually?? confused mate..

Grixism

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
KLTN/VIRGINIA
Visit site
there is no free lunch in owning such cheap cars,
do you think the big fat guy who sits on leather sofa in putrajaya will let you got off easily with cheap cars? if this were okay, nobody gonna buy protons and peroduas then,

and btw, if its completely legal why cant we just take a loan from bank to buy it?
many sellers of these singaporean cars talk shit.after 2 months kastam will go after you and give you a surprise b*tt sex and drove your car away with filthy big grin

jj.v6

Known Member
Aug 30, 2009
johor baru
for more info,go to ur nearest jpj station,an look into their kandang..how many spore registered car r thr??u will get the pictures...
as far as i know the most possible short cut to own a cheap car will be.buy a car from tax-free cities.etc labuan or langkawi..if u ave any relative in this place,,get a car under their name,let them use for few years(compulsory by law) then bring back to ur home town an cook it up(u know wat i mean)

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Borat, what he's saying is: Why not just buy a MALAYSIAN S15 which is priced at rm130K with still 70-80% loan and use another 30 to mod it as you wish INSTEAD of going through such a big hassle for a damn Singaporean one.

Faham sekarang? :rofl:

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
like i told one forummer who pm-ed me on this...Dream Car at Dream Price is what it is...only a DREAM. :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I would like to DIY my own micro compressor. i heard a few of you guys here successfully built one. can anybody help me on this?

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience