Buying My 1st Ever Car With My Own Money

chienoz

Known Member
Apr 30, 2009
Hi, Zth...

Its kind of long day never post a thread in here...Busy with new working environment.
as stated, im using my family car now. after 3 month of working, i think i need to give back the car to my brother because he will further his study in Uni.

im trying to get 2nd hand car below 50k - 60k.

this is my list..

honda civic - 4 doors
honda civic - 2 doors
ek or ej also can..
nissan cefiro A31
nissan 180sx..

i want to ask sifu's or car expert in zth... which is the best among the best?i would like also consider about, spare parts, FC, maintainance, power, handling n etc...

i already do my research by my own but i need other people suggestion n opinion too...
thanks..

chienoz

Known Member
Apr 30, 2009
how much $$$ u willing to fork out for deposit? u taking up loan or buy cash or personal loan>?
hi DanzEterna...thanks for the reply..hmm..i might buying the car cash using my personal loan.:biggrin:

i think it more easy right?

chienoz

Known Member
Apr 30, 2009
go for civic ek 2doors...it rockss..:driver:
ayap87..yeah..that wan i knew it..it rally rock..but how about the fuel consumption and izzit easy to maintain?

which 1? ek or eg?
i suggest go for ek, standby rm55k cash bro.....
ek?ok2...i like the 2 doors wan..hmm, yeah..its around there..but if pandai nego, it will less more..heee..

i considered good fuel consumption,for everyday ride n easy to maintan..

how about cefiro n 180sx?are this two cars good?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
between eg n ek...get ek even tho the body heavier. it's got more mods u can do n body heavy isnt a problem since it provides better rigidity.

my personal exp is...honda ori spare parts a little on pricey side but engine is rock solid.

the 180sx is nice...but can u tahan the maintanance?

the cefiro is also a nice car...cant comment on this. dunno anybody who drives 1...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
for ek, u cant nego much, cos the car can fetch high price...
aftermarket parts might be on the high side but its very reliable....unlike proton haha...

for 180sx, parts might be a problem....

cefiro, hmm....good car but its quite old...91/93 model.

ayap87

Known Member
Aug 7, 2009
auckland,nz
if you got heavy foot...of course the fuel consumption will be damn scary for any type of car..even kancil..the fuel consumption is quite good and reasonable actually..the parts are a bit pricey compare to proton..but the most important thing....it's a 'chick magnet'...:lollypop:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
bro you want to use personal loan to buy a car? seriously? and you just started working right for 3 months? owning the cars you listed.. is going to incur a lot of maintenance costs.. plus the repayment of loan, its going to be quite a hit on you. not to mention all the cars you listed are quite the fuel guzzler.

all of us would love to own rubber burning rides.. but gotta keep it real yo. don't want to see you selling it off later because of debt issues.

a great 1st car to buy would be a 2nd hand Proton Savvy manual.. dirt cheap, and helluva fun ride around the corners.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i can say, all the cars u listed above are at least 10 years old. reliability would be an issue since u want the car for work yes?

all 3 cars punya spare parts i'd say are on the expensive side also, i can guarantee u will require a massive cash balance after buying it to maintain it (say maybe 10k?)

u have 50-60k budget, u buy an 2 door ek at 55k, balance 5k? may not be enough because as u know, the "wanted" cars are cars that ppl buy to mod and whack the shit out of it...

and i personally can tell u, honda spare parts are NOT cheap.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Morgan Motor Company has been steadily producing cars that are wonderful throwbacks to yesteryear with their classic lines that reminisce the beauty of autos from those times.

The fly in the ointment though was that the shape of their cars didn’t change much over the course of time. Now you might argue that that would be paradoxical because...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience